Problem causing issues in OxygenOS 11 update for OnePlus 7T via OnePlus 7T

1. Yashsingh29
    Cupcake May 7, 2021

Yashsingh29 , via OnePlus 7T , May 7, 2021 :
    Several issues are being faced after I updated my OnePlus 7T device with OxygenOS 11.
    Here are the issues:
    1. When I connect my phone to WiFi it loses its connectivity very frequently. Wifi gets automatically disconnected with the designated router and search for new devices. This is more concerning because it keeps doing it every 2 minutes, sometimes even once a minute.
    It is disturbing because my class gets stuck and I miss the content teacher just went through. It creates problems in my presentation and also at my work. If I am streaming Netflix, it loses the connectivity and stream indefinitely.

2. When any text message is sent, the banner which pops up regarding the remaining messages or balance makes a message sound now, which was not the case earlier.
    It is confusing because it gives the indication like you have got another message. And nobody needs a sound alert of that banner.

I haven't figured out rest of the issues, but I am confident that OnePlus Team will look into them and provide solutions at the earliest.
    Thank You.

2. Aaron2017
    KitKat May 7, 2021

Aaron2017 , May 7, 2021 :
    For the wifi try disabling intelligently select the best wifi, and if you have both 2,4 and 5 ghz bands delete one of them.

Yashsingh29 likes this.
  3. Yashsingh29
    Cupcake May 10, 2021

Yashsingh29 , via OnePlus 7T , May 10, 2021 :
    Thank you so much Aaron, I was unaware of this fact and was having a hard time with that. I have disabled it and it has helped me a lot. Thank you I really appreciate your help.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  4. sritejkoduru
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 10, 2021

sritejkoduru , May 10, 2021 :
    Delete 2.4ghz keep 5ghz.

Yashsingh29 likes this.
  5. Aaron2017
    KitKat May 10, 2021

Aaron2017 , May 10, 2021 :
    No worries 👍. You are not alone in this, many others have this problem and are unaware of this, because it's a bug that shouldn't be happening. Hopefully they'll fix it with the next update

Yashsingh29 likes this.