1. Saurabh Kayasth
    Eclair Oct 27, 2020

Saurabh Kayasth , Oct 27, 2020 :
    NA

Zeek World likes this.
  2. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Oct 27, 2020

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Oct 27, 2020 :
    For analyzing this better we would need more details to get this sorted out at the earliest. We have dropped you a personal message and would request you to respond the same.

Regards,
    Ghazala

3. S1602696876556
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2020

S1602696876556 , Oct 31, 2020 :
    I had the same exact problem. I have already sent the device back (believing it was a hardware issue), and should be getting a replacement soon. If the new one is the same I'll be requesting a refund.

Zeek World likes this.
  4. Zeek World
    Eclair Nov 2, 2020

Zeek World , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 2, 2020 :
    Did you get a replacement? Just wondering if the replacement has the same issue, I will call support tomorrow to send mine back, fingerprint reader fails 80% of the time. Never had an issue with my op 7t, so I know my fingers are fine, there is something up with this op8t.

5. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Nov 2, 2020

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Nov 2, 2020 :
    We have made a note of this and our developer team is currently working on this. We will keep you posted regarding the further updates. We appreciate your support and patience in this regard.

Regards,
    Ghazala

6. S1602696876556
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2020

S1602696876556 , Nov 2, 2020 :
    I should be getting my replacement this week. I will skip all the setup, go directly to fingerprint unlock, and if it has the same issue I'm requesting a refund and going for another brand. I won't wait for the developers to figure this out, as it might very well be a serial hardware issue, and I don't want my 1mo period to expire. I'll keep you posted.

Zeek World likes this.
  7. Saurabh Kayasth
    Eclair Nov 6, 2020

8. Zeek World
    Eclair Nov 6, 2020

Zeek World , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Hopefully the user above is going to let us know if his replacement doesn't have the same issue. I'm worried if it's a hardware problem.

9. S1602696876556
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2020

S1602696876556 , Nov 7, 2020 :
    I got my replacement and managed to get it to work. I'm doubting whether my original model was actually defective, I just think the finger setup feature is strange.

Here's what I mean: when setting up fingerprint you really need to cover the whole area and press forcefully so that your skin adheres very well to the screen/screen protector. I got several error messages along the way, but was finally able to set up fingerprint unlock. At that point I was still very dissatisfied with the fingerprint detection feature, and was already preparing to ask for a refund... however, to my surprise, when I went to unlock the phone with my fingerprint, it worked fine. It seems like the system sets a very high bar for the print quality during setup, but relaxes this requirement significantly during normal use, so you can unlock the phone smoothly after all. I still think there should have been a warning of some kind: my previous oneplus didn't do this.

10. Zeek World
    Eclair Nov 8, 2020