Problem playing audio content in vehicle

1. U1573155040757
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2020

U1573155040757 , Dec 1, 2020 :
    Hello,
    2019 Subaru Outback with Harmon Kardon stereo system. Oneplus 7T. Connect via Bluetooth, or USB cable.

When I want to play audio content from my phone thru the car's stereo, I have 2 options. 1) use the Bluetooth connection and the Harmon Kardon "Media" app. 2) plug the phone in to a USB cable, and use the Android auto interface to launch the music app of my choice. I've used Google Play Music, YouTube Music, and the VLC app, all 3 of which are apps installed on the phone.

Music files are stored in the Internal Shared Storage/Music folder in sub folders by artist name.

Issue: when I want to play stored audio content in the car, regardless of how (BT or Android Auto app) I access them, the content does not display unless I manually launch a music playing app (VLC, GPlay Music, or YT Music) on the phone first. Only then can I see the content listed on the car screen. It's almost like I need to "wake up" the phone's file system before the contents are read and displayed on the car's screen. This defeats the purpose of "hands free" operation since I must handle the phone and open an app to get the car interfaces to work.

Since the issue happens regardless of whether I'm using the Bluetooth or USB wired connection, AND regardless of the app I use for playback, I wonder if there's a setting on the OP7T that I need to tweak, or maybe there's a bug somewhere. Or, maybe I should move the content to a different folder?

I should note that it all works fine on the phone, it's only when using the car interface that there's an issue.

Any ideas? Thank you.

2. Bhargavesque
    Honeycomb Dec 2, 2020

Bhargavesque , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 2, 2020 :
    You can try pinning(locking) your music app from the recent apps screen, so android doesn't kill it in the background. In addition you can go to settings - battery - optimization and set your music app to "Don't Optimize"

4. Styler_sd
    Froyo Dec 5, 2020

5. NINAD@7
    Donut Dec 5, 2020

6. Gabbarsingh95
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2020

7. GaganCK
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2020