Problem with call with Dual SIM Option

1. iDreams7
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2015

iDreams7 , Sep 2, 2015 :
    Hope there will be an update soon for this issue... as one of the major reason why I am upgrading to OP2 is dual sim functionality!

2. nitin_g3
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2015

nitin_g3 , Sep 15, 2015 :
    Yes yes, I've been looking for this issue on xda, I'm facing this issue. I've set calling sim as 'ask every time'. Sometimes it gets overridden with my sim 1.and when I place call, it never asks me to choose sim and calls directly using my sim 1.

3. inboxzero
    Honeycomb Sep 15, 2015

inboxzero , Sep 15, 2015 :
    The problem is well known and will be addressed in the future with a software update ... just be a little patient.;)

nitin_g3 likes this.
  4. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2015

Taarun R , Sep 21, 2015 :
    I have the same problems, with the Dual SIM, I have Airtel 4G and Vodafone on 3G, some times both the SIMs disappears and constant checking of network signals also causes the phone to heat up, and loose battery.

5. inboxzero
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2015

inboxzero , Sep 21, 2015 :
    you can use an app called 4G Switcher try to set your signal on 3 or 4G only and see if this helps, if you want to go back to your standard settings just restart your phone. :cool:

6. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2015

7. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Sep 21, 2015

8. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2015

Taarun R , Sep 21, 2015 :
    Any idea, if we have any news from the OP team about this fix ? They seem to be very quite about this issue

9. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

Taarun R , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Well I disabled one sim, and tried with the single SIM, there seems to be issues with one SIM as well, it fails to detect the network sometimes, looks like i will have to remove the one of the SIM's and try.

10. madhan_um
    Donut Sep 22, 2015

madhan_um , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Yes I did face this problem as well..

fstathakis likes this.
  11. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

Taarun R , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I'm thinking, of returning the the OPT, and getting a exchange from Amazon India. Any suggestions ?

12. alapdaskater
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2015

13. madhan_um
    Donut Sep 22, 2015

madhan_um , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I think returning the phone is not a solution..and I don't think you can get a phone with same configs for this cost...so may be it has to be brought to the notice of OP who can suggest a fix

14. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2015

Taarun R , Sep 23, 2015 :
    I'm suspecting a faulty piece, I have requested a replacement of the phone, I'm doing this just to be sure, that this not a issue with the phone that i have received. I will let you know what happens with the replacement.Oxygen OS 2.1 update was made available, but i still have the issues, with the SIM's disappearing, the release notes claimed that there improvements in the telephony performance, the issue which was, common, has become intermittent now, i noticed the issue with i was browsing the Amazon app on the phone, both my SIM disappeared. I'm hoping that the OP Team, comes up with the sold fix for this rather than a work around.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

15. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2015

Taarun R , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Oxygen OS 2.1 update was made available, but i still have the issues, with the SIM's disappearing, the release notes claimed that there improvements in the telephony performance, the issue which was, common, has become intermittent now, i noticed the issue with i was browsing the Amazon app on the phone, both my SIM disappeared. I'm hoping that the OP Team, comes up with the sold fix for this rather than a work around.

16. vijaylakra
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

vijaylakra , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Yes, I am facing the same problem. Ideally, if we have selected 'Ask me Every Time' it should not change automatically to Sim1 or Sim2.

OP2 please fix this bug.

Regards
    Vijay Lakra

17. ps.krishnawat
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2015

ps.krishnawat , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Friend already raised month back and still not resolved ... and may not resolved ever therfore i had returned my OP2 back. https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/op2-found-technical-glitches-in-2-important-features.349742/

18. Taarun R
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2015

Taarun R , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Well, I have returned the phone, for a refund, it was too much of an Issue, not every one is facing the problem, so once the refund is processed, I will place an order again and see, what the new OPT will perform.

19. Jayanthan M
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2015

Jayanthan M , Oct 3, 2015 :
    From the first day onward I'm also facing this issue. After settings been changed to Settings ->SIM Cards -> Call ->Ask every time. When we make calls to some new numbers and come back this settings automatically resets to any of the SIM in the device. Is there an way to eliminate this ? Please make it as a priority bug since several customers are impacted and make the fix available to users in the upcoming OTA.

rabanne likes this.
  20. Jayadan
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2015