Problem with OnePlus One warranty - What can I do?

?

Do you think this trouble should be covered by the warranty and therefore fixed free of charge?

1. Yes

190 vote(s)
    98.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. yashu663
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

2. WillL
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2015

WillL , Jan 10, 2015 :
    If you have honestly done nothing, it is a warranty claim. Really getting worried about my phone as I feel if it does go wrong, nothing will be done.

ramsabi likes this.
  3. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jan 10, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    The responses from the customer service rep are outrageous. Seems like it is a bot answering your questions. As your phone stopped working through no fault of your own, the repairs must be covered by company. Unfortunately, you have few options. 1. Demand the response from Thelma's manager. You should go as high up the chain of command as possible. 2. Launch a complaint with your country's consumer protection agency or write to the similar agency of EU. It may not help you personally, but could help others in the future. 3. I believe that Paypal dispute case cannot be launched because your phone was bought 4 months ago, but you still should notify Paypal telling them that Opo does not honor their warranty. In my previous posts, I said many times that the survival of this company almost fully depends on the effectiveness of its customer service. So far, it seems, Opo is slowly digging its own grave.

ramsabi and hln1969 like this.
  4. Chottobaka
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2015

Chottobaka , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Open another ticket citing the response you received from the first ticket. Do not expect ongoing dialog from OP's so-called Customer Service. Once you have been given an answer that they deem satisfactory, the matter is most likely closed in OP's eyes. The OPO is essentially a phone with no legitimate warranty. It's a good phone and a good deal until you run into the slightest problem. Good luck.

veratoloz2005 and ramsabi like this.
  5. major90

major90 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Definitely, if the phone wasn't damaged by force and the component stopped working then by warranty it should be covered. If OnePlus refuses to fix it open a claims case with PayPal or your credit card company. You can't offer warranty then charge because of the device being faulty

ramsabi likes this.
  6. major90

major90 , Jan 10, 2015 :
    I agree survival depends on Coustomer service and with my experience twice they suck. With Google I had no issue or complaints everything handled in order even when I broke my display they gave me a new device free of charge

ramsabi and veratoloz2005 like this.
  7. ravipadeel
    Eclair Jan 10, 2015

ramsabi likes this.
  8. pcmarcel
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2015

pcmarcel , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Maybe you can try to get a satisfactory reply on Facebook and ask for support there on their Facebook page. Try to get some people to help you put some pressure there.

9. Lincken
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

Lincken , Jan 10, 2015 :
    I'm so sorry for you, I want a Oneplus one myself and this situation is now my biggest fear. I'm 18 so i'm low on money and I wouldn't have the money to pay for a new phone if this would happen. I really hope Oneplus support sharpen up and fixes these problems. once again really sorry man...

10. Deactivated User
    Jan 10, 2015

11. forgetfartuun
    Jelly Bean Jan 10, 2015

12. CCC
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2015

CCC , Jan 10, 2015 :
    Don't
    Yeah right

ramsabi and SoniaB like this.
  13. Kutaro
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2015

14. theSprintman
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2015

theSprintman , Jan 10, 2015 :
    are you serious?

ramsabi and SoniaB like this.
  15. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jan 11, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Jan 11, 2015 :
    This is a difference between a reputable company and a startup. An important thing for a startup is to understand what every solid company knows: "the customer is always right."

ramsabi likes this.
  16. Frildo
    Donut Jan 11, 2015

Frildo , Jan 11, 2015 :
    I opened a new ticket since I haven't got any reply from the previous one. Hope I get better support in this one.

17. vipinpvarghese
    Honeycomb Jan 15, 2015

18. alqasimk
    Eclair Jan 15, 2015

alqasimk , Jan 15, 2015 :
    1st thing 1st, it didn't even got inspected to decide it was a random wear and tear,
    I have a bad experience too with the warranty thing. But likely my device was within the paypal covarage period so I got covered there

19. Aditya777
    Donut Jan 15, 2015

Aditya777 , Jan 15, 2015 :
    Ask One plus to clarify as why have they rejected the warranty claim.
    Check your warranty cover as per their reply. If the terms have been void, then you cannot do anything but pay.
    If they mention physical damage, ask for clarity on what exactly is damaged.

paulusnostradamos likes this.
  20. WillL
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2015

WillL , Jan 15, 2015 :
    On the subject of after sale service I'll put a few people's mind at ease about OP's service. I bought my daughter a Sony Xperia Z for Christmas 2013. In September 2014 it would not charge so tried to return it to Amazon but as it was over 30 days, had to return it to Sony. I returned it to Sony and watched the status on their site. After about 4 days I received an e-mail saying that the cost of repair would be £132 but no actual detail of what I was paying for. After a few calls to Sony (who initially also couldn't explain the cost) I was told the charging port was damaged. I was absolutely fuming about this because I've never seen another phone with this problem and considered it not fit for purpose and the plugging in and removing the charger was fair wear and tear.
    To make matters worse, the options were repair, £40 to return it or they would just dispose of it. Given that the phone cost over £300, I reluctantly agreed to the repair.
    Yesterday, exactly the same problem - the phone will not charge. So I called Sony today and asked them to put in writing that if they deem the problem is due to us they will waive the cost of return, but they are not prepared to do this. I think this is utterly disgraceful customer service. The phone is under 2 years old and I don't believe it is fit for purpose. I am not paying another £130 for the phone to be repaired so I'm going to look at a local mobile repair place (if that is competive) or simply buying my daughter a new phone up to the price of £130.

In summary - OP is probably not the only manufacturer to offer piss poor customer service.