Problem with T-Mobile MMS

1. Sunnyhuang89
    Donut Jul 3, 2017

Sunnyhuang89 , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Can't receive or send MMS unless I turn on and off airplane mode. After that I can receive and send MMS but it only last for few minutes then I have to turn on and off airplane mode again.

I check APN settings everything seems to be correct. Also I am not sure what's MMS EDPG and (IMS) they are grey out anyway can't edit or delete them.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated!

1499085412780.jpg

1499085420348.jpg

1499085424681.jpg

1499086157602.jpg

wealllikeedan likes this.
  2. 404.php
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2017

404.php , Jul 3, 2017 :
    I think this has something to do with WiFi. I noticed that SMS and MMS messages don't always deliver if I'm connected to WiFi. This affects all Android phones I've used with T-Mobile -- not just OnePlus. Disconnecting from WiFi resolves the issue for me.

Shreystechtips likes this.
  3. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jul 3, 2017

4. Sunnyhuang89
    Donut Jul 3, 2017

Sunnyhuang89 , Jul 3, 2017 :
    Thanks I found the solution!

This is for anyone that have same problem as me.

At APN setting add APN type: default,mms,support,hipri,admin,mobile

1499105908581.jpg

End/

wealllikeedan and daggar like this.
  5. Sunnyhuang89
    Donut Jul 3, 2017

wealllikeedan and daggar like this.
  6. daggar
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2017

daggar , Jul 22, 2017 :
    Sunny, THANK YOU for finding this out. I was about to RMA my phone because OP Support told me that group texts weren't possible, even with a 3rd party client.

For the record, this APN type works as well for US Mobile (a T-Mobile based MVNO. The complete, working APN for US Mobile looks like this: http://imgur.com/gallery/FwSmP

Some notes:
    For me, the key point of failure was group texts. I could send out multimedia messages and long messages over MMS, but multi-recipient MMS's failed. This can be tough to troubleshoot, because many SMS programs silently break a group MMS into multiple, single-recipient SMS's when MMS fails. To test it effectively, you need to be able to send/reply to multiple numbers to, and get cross-talk between those numbers.

The input method for APN's is touchy and easy to screw up. No extra spaces, no tabs in the field, and make sure you click the upper-right menu then click save or your changes will be lost. After savingthe APN, make sure it's selected on the previous screen, then you have to reboot the phone before you test it. (This isn't OP's fault-- this is a fault from strock Android.)

Even with these settings, the stock Messages app fails at MMS on my carrier. Android Messages works for me.

Yes, It is absolutely inexcusable that the phone has any difficulty whatsoever supporting features that were considered basic in 2010. It's even more telling because on my old OP3, all these problems evaporated when I switched to LineageOS.

wealllikeedan likes this.
  7. wealllikeedan
    Froyo Feb 10, 2018

8. wealllikeedan
    Froyo Feb 10, 2018

wealllikeedan , Feb 10, 2018 :
    I've actually sent my phone to RMA and service said they could not find the problem.

9. wealllikeedan
    Froyo Apr 21, 2018