Problem with the Tempered 3D glass protection

1. mvp4ever
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2017

mvp4ever , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Hey,

I just got my 5T today, which is amazing btw, the only problem I had was with the Tempered glass 3D, there were so many bubles which I couldn't remove, and I put the glass as shown in the video, did anyone else encountered an issue like this ?

Thx.

2. G_Raunaq_Taneja_qBAk
    Eclair Nov 23, 2017

G_Raunaq_Taneja_qBAk , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Applying Tempered glass on phone needs practise. You must have had it done at a mobile shop. Which tempered glass you bought? I am searching one too.

lostLambda likes this.
  3. G_Raunaq_Taneja_qBAk
    Eclair Nov 23, 2017

lostLambda likes this.
  4. mvp4ever
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2017

5. F_Mike_Lee_sfti
    Eclair Nov 23, 2017

F_Mike_Lee_sfti , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Do you have to remove the film screen protector that's on the 5T from factory first or can you install it right over it?
    I'd imagine you have to remove the film first.
    I just got mine and am wondering before installing

6. bonden_91
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2017

bonden_91 , Nov 23, 2017 :
    Oneplus 5 also have problems with the glass protector.. dust assembles under the screen.. cases pushes up the edges of the protector.. very anoying. I think that all this is because the curved edges on oneplus 5 /5t. I hope some company will make fixed screen protectors.. mine is from Orzly.. not a good choice.. cheap but not good

lostLambda likes this.
  7. G_Love_Nordkvist_gXyl
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2017

G_Love_Nordkvist_gXyl , Nov 23, 2017 :
    it really took some tries. after a while i made it. what i found important was to use the dust renoval sticker on both the phonescreen and the protector. Then holding the protector on the left side and press down with the swueegee card from the right and always have the left side up from the screen. for the end I used a small paper to not let the protector touch the screen before the card pressed it down.

8. F_Mike_Lee_sfti
    Eclair Nov 23, 2017

9. lostLambda
    Lollipop Nov 23, 2017

lostLambda , Nov 23, 2017 :
    YES

Mike van den Helder likes this.
  10. G_Love_Nordkvist_gXyl
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2017

G_Love_Nordkvist_gXyl , Nov 24, 2017 :
    I did not remove anything and it feels like it worked.

11. F_Mike_Lee_sfti
    Eclair Nov 24, 2017

12. cwoxford
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2017

cwoxford , Nov 24, 2017 :
    I always have problems with Tempered glass screen protectors then I found this on eBay. It is very good, 4SMARTS NANO COATING UNIVERSAL LIQUID GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR SMARTPHONES. I am not associated with this product in anyway except as a user. :)

13. F_Mike_Lee_sfti
    Eclair Nov 26, 2017

F_Mike_Lee_sfti , Nov 26, 2017 :
    I've tried those liquid ones on my old S7.
    not a fan.
    So I got the glass installed, but noticed as soon as you put any case on that even slightly reaches over onto the screen it lifts the glass up. Ugh had to reapply twice! worried the adhesive will get weaker each time.
    They need to revise the glass protector by trimming the edges by 0.5-1mm all around, or if you squeeze the sides of your phone it will lift the glass protector.

14. F_Mike_Lee_sfti
    Eclair Nov 26, 2017

F_Mike_Lee_sfti , Nov 26, 2017 :
    Sorry, forgot to address ops issues.
    keep rubbing and pressing down with the provided squeegee or a microfibre cloth and your fingers.
    they'll go away, be persistent.
    I'm going to ask for a refund for the tempered glass though.
    In its current state it can't be used with a case.

15. marlox
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2017

marlox , Nov 26, 2017 :
    same with the oneplus 5 tempered glass, some bubbles cant be removed. Really bad for the price

16. brunox54
    Gingerbread Nov 26, 2017

brunox54 , Nov 26, 2017 :
    This video?

17. tommy_riley
    Donut Nov 27, 2017

tommy_riley , Nov 27, 2017 :
    I also am having issues with the glass cover OnePlus sells - I bought it and all four edges lift right back up - with our without a case. It's very obvious and I tried to reapply it a few times already - each time attracting more and more dust and looking worse and worse - the edges are just not going to stick. I opened a support ticket to get another one shipped to me - or a refund if they are all like this.

Attached Files:

18. Niravlad
    Eclair Dec 12, 2017