Problems after Oreo update

1. Sohailpathan25
    Froyo Dec 3, 2017

Sohailpathan25 , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Today I had one more issue after the Oreo update. When I use split screen or dual screen in app like YouTube and watsapp I am unable to type certain word. First I thought that there is something wrong with the screen but I have test this in my friends 3t and same thing happens. This is ridiculous and way to annoying.

2. DavidSTC
    KitKat Dec 3, 2017

DavidSTC , Dec 3, 2017 :
    I want to report (in case there is one moderator reading this) that there are some other problems that I didn't see reflected in this thread.
    I'm talking about camera (unknown error which doesn't allow to use it, to actually open it, neither the camera app nor apps which use camera, like Instagram) and other apps not opening or working properly like YouTube.

These problems appeared several days after updating. It is very annoying.

dixitmba and Sohailpathan25 like this.
  3. Alin Skeptik Tudor
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2017

Alin Skeptik Tudor , Dec 3, 2017 :
    factory reset on 8.0 zip from oneplus.ro

4. HS13
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2017

HS13 , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Regarding mobile data problem and message "mobile data has run out" after upgrading to oreo.
    I managed to remove it/disable it by going to Settings - Sim and network - choose your sim under Sim settings - Access point name - your acces point name will be the one with blue dot next to it - click on it (now you are in Edit access point) - change APN protocol and APN roaming protocol to IPv4/IPv6.

I don't know if anyone sugested this since I didn't find time to go through all posts.

Will update if it goes back to all this "Mobile data has run out" crap. For now it looks good.

5. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Dec 3, 2017

6. awcy4eva
    Donut Dec 3, 2017

awcy4eva , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Didn't work

7. John ciarfella
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2017

John ciarfella , Dec 4, 2017 :
    After reset 3t seems to work fine until it goes to sleep / hibernate. When in sleep it will not announce caller id over Bluetooth headset and i will not receive Google calendar notifications. The BT caller id will begin to work fine for a while if I toggle BT off then on again, but calendar is hit and miss. Prior to Oreo i could go into G calendar settings and toggle between any 2 notification sounds and it would work for a while again, however with the O update calendar notification sounds are grayed out and not accessible. Its been very disappointing as these are features I rely on daily. (I do have Doze in dev options off and G calendar has all permissions)

8. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Dec 4, 2017

9. ikegilbert
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2017

ikegilbert , Dec 4, 2017 :
    No, there are issues with the build. This is a factory update, should be no need to factory reset - that is only if you are rooted and flash a different ROM from one version to another.

10. G_Sai_Raina_syku
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2017

G_Sai_Raina_syku , Dec 4, 2017 :
    Report it here https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/
    Or search for a thread with camera issues after oreo update it would make for a better response from others and also OnePlus team would know about the bug from the feedback.

DavidSTC and JoeyBing like this.
  11. DavidSTC
    KitKat Dec 4, 2017

DavidSTC , Dec 4, 2017 :
    Thanks, I'll report it ASAP.

12. Jánosi László
    Donut Dec 8, 2017

Jánosi László , Dec 8, 2017 :
    After update to Oreo I have several problems:
    • sometimes when I call somebody I hear everything but on the other side they hear nothing from me. I have to end the call and retry.
    • the system sounds are nearly silent, but the every volume is up to 100%. A reboot fixes the problem but after a day or two the problem comes again
    • the battery drains really.....really fast. I went to sleep with 85% battery, and in the morning it was 35%!!! Before Oreo update the battery only drained about 5%, maximum 10%
    And btw, all the problems is also present after wiping the cache. So should I factory reset? Or revert to 7.1?

THX!

harpreet83 likes this.
  13. Sohailpathan25
    Froyo Dec 12, 2017

14. harpreet83
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017

harpreet83 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    I missed my alarm this morning yet again!! This is a big issue for me.

I've already done the cache clearing method as well.

15. Sohailpathan25
    Froyo Dec 27, 2017

Sohailpathan25 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Guys is there any solution for this problems as I am still facing the issue such as lagging of my phone, unable to open few app, Mobile Internet not working etc. Please do let us know if any one has figured out how to solve this

16. ashishjena
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2017

17. Sohailpathan25
    Froyo Jan 9, 2018

Sohailpathan25 , Jan 9, 2018 :
    Hey guys is anyone facing issue while transferring file via xender or such apps? Even after updating and still unable to change wallpaper

18. cooljitev
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2018

cooljitev , Jan 9, 2018 :
    There is another issue with mobile network to wifi transition and vice versa.

Issue only started after oreo update on my oneplus 3T. (oxygen os 5.0 stable)

Issue: If you are connected to wifi with your home router and due some reason your home internet goes down then device does not switch to mobile data/network for seamless data connectivity. Obviously it continues to show wifi signal on top of the screen but internet does not work because device unable to detect loss of connectivity.

So until you manually disconnect from your wifi or disable it, internet won't work.

19. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2018

narceoneplus2 , Jan 9, 2018 :
    Battery drain is a huge issue on Oreo. I am currently running Open Beta 20 and even with a factory reset my battery life is terrible. My battery stats show Android System using about 30-40% of battery life by the time I reach 15% of battery life. But do not get too worried. OnePlus will address these issues. They always do.

20. MRSOnePlus
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2018

MRSOnePlus , Jan 19, 2018 :
    Even I am facing the same issue since the Oreo update was pushed with Oxygen OS 5.0.1 last week.

The SIM1 goes useless...
    1. When I want to dial a number, it starts dialing using SIM2 without giving the prompt to choose the SIM
    2. And people dialing me on SIM1 are able to hear dialer tone whereas I neither receive a ring, nor the call is registered in the log...

It is giving people the wrong impression that I am not answering the calls.. I may have also missed important calls over the this week..

I have did a factory reset last night, but the issue still remains. Is there any working solution for this major bug?? Please do let me know as I am missing important calls.