OxygenOS Problems after Updating to OxygenOS 11

1. Alex_Austria
    Froyo Oct 11, 2020

Alex_Austria , Oct 11, 2020 :
    I updated my OnePlus 8 to Oxygen OS 11.IN21BA.

Problems i noticed so far:

*) SMS/Messages App Crashes
    Can be solved with clearing cache and app data

*) Can't "wake up" my phone
    When Screen is off, the phone doesn't respond to a double tap nor to the push of the power button.
    It takes some seconds and tries and then - finally - the phone comes back to life.

*) System UI crashes / is not reponding
    Phone is not responding on Homescreen or Appdrawer and shows the "System UI is not responding" Message

*) Phone freezes randomly
    A lot of times there are several freezes (3, 4 seconds) until the phone is responding again.

*) other Apps crashing

***UPDATE from 12. October 2020***

*) Incoming Phonecalls via VoLTE or VoWifi
    Every Incoming Call is from an "Unknown Caller" even if the Caller is in my Contacts.
    Incoming via VoLTE - Unknown
    Incoming via VoWifi - Unknown
    Incoming als "normal" Call --> Shows me the saved Contact.

I tried reboots and deleted app caches and so on,...
    Most Apps seem to work after that, but the "not responding" and "cant wake up my phone" things are huge problems for me.

Anyone else made that "not so fine" experience with the new Update?

***UPDATE from 13. October 2020***

I did a complete Factory Reset / Wipe
    So this is what you (or at least was i) get after a complete wipe of the phone with a clean install of Oxygen OS 11 (IN21BA)

Except the SMS/Messages App crashing (that also can be solved with clearing cache and app data) nothing changed.

*) System UI crashing
    *) random Lags and Freezes
    *) Games (for Example Clash Royal) is freezing for ~ 6seconds until its responding again
    *) the whole user experience with the phone isn't "smooth" anymore
    *) from microstuttering to freezes with up to several seconds, everything is possible and its doesn't matter where you are (homescreen, appdrawer,...) or have an app running.
    *) and all Incoming calls via VoLTE and VoWifi are still from an "Unknown Caller" even if the Number is saved in your contacts.
    *) Another thing i noticed - since the update I have chinese symbols in the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client App that i have never seen before. I also reinstalled the App from the Playstore.

***UPDATE from 30. October 2020***

*) Sometimes i cant pick up phone calls - screen stays black
    *) Calls often dont work - the "calling process" stops and i need to start over again
    *) a small one --> the icon of the weather app sometimes does not represent the actual weather, it just shows the orange "not configured" standard icon
    *) in WhatsApp the Send button sometimes is not there
    *) also in WhatsApp the keyboard doesnt appear - espacially when i want to insert a GIF. i cant search because the keyboard is missing - (see Screenshot in my post from 30. october 2020)

***UPDATE from 11. November 2020***

Yesterday i received an Update via Oxygen Updater.
    The Phone is now on Oxygen OS 11.0.2.2.IN21BA and i want to tell you that it seems, that this Update fixed a lot for me.

*) Can't wake up the Phone - fixed
    *) System UI Freezes or crashes - fixed
    *) Incoming Phonecalls via VoLTE or VoWifi are all from unknown caller - fixed
    *) in my opinion the phone also got its "smoothness" back - at the moment no microstuttering
    *) The "WhatsApp Keyboard disapears in the GIF search" Problem also seems to be fixed

For all other things i need more time to evaluate - but for the moment i highly recommend this update.

***UPDATE from 16. December 2020***

I have the Update for about 3 Weeks now - this is what i found

*) The "WhatsApp Keyboard disapears in the GIF search" Problem is NOT FIXED
    With the Update its much better, but it is still happening

*) Sometimes when im receiving a call (i only knew about the call because the phone is vibrating), the Display stays black and i have massive Problems to "wake up the phone" to pick up the incoming call.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020

2. Angelo_93
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2020

Angelo_93 , Oct 11, 2020 :
    I noticed a very high battery drain when the device is in standby. Infact the last night my OP 8 passed from 90% to 80% without using it. Usally it consumes only the 3 or 4%.

3. BoBi1234
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2020

vijay.kumar354 likes this.
  4. Angelo_93
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2020

Angelo_93 , Oct 11, 2020 :
    No, it doesn't

5. SROnePlua
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2020

Lucas91120 likes this.
  6. ArifAlshamad
    Donut Oct 11, 2020

RomeoD likes this.
  7. NimdaBE
    Eclair Oct 11, 2020

NimdaBE , Oct 11, 2020 :
    Since the update i have the exact "phone not waking up" issue when the screen is off for a period of time. Very annoying. I already tried clearing the cache on the phone. Sometimes it works again after a minute, other times i have to hold the powerbutton for 30 seconds to force a reboot...

8. Naveen3553
    Donut Oct 11, 2020

ce_franck likes this.
  10. __RAYZAR__
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2020

11. krsam
    Eclair Oct 12, 2020

12. AmanMonikaThakur
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2020

13. Alex_Austria
    Froyo Oct 12, 2020

Alex_Austria , Oct 12, 2020 :
    Just noticed the following Problem with Calls:

*) Incoming Phonecalls via VoLTE or VoWifi

Every Incoming Call is from an "Unknown Number" even if the Caller is in my Contacts.
    Incoming via VoLTE - Unknown
    Incoming via VoWifi - Unknown
    Incoming als "normal" Call --> Shows me the saved Contact

Any Solution to this, and ist this a OnePlus or Carrier Problem?
    Galaxy Phones have no Problem with the Caller ID with the same Network Provider,...

EDIT:

Just read this is a well known issue.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/volte-incoming-calls-unknown-caller.1211872/

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/if-volte-is-active-all-incoming-calls-are-unknown.1236232/

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/all-incoming-calls-private.788426/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020

14. jaykeeley
    Donut Oct 13, 2020

jaykeeley , Oct 13, 2020 :
    1602556451200.jpg
    Noticing lots of problems with the bubbles feature. said:
    - the "plus" page, to start new chats, doesn't load properly. Fully unusable.
    (screenshot added)
    - sometimes when a bubble is on the screen, the back gesture just won't work on the main app you're using. If you swipe the bubble away, it works as expected.
    (video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SH90NgDnNx1qTkorjaoeU58H_UwM1Ik_/view?usp=sharing)
    - sometimes the keyboard won't load when trying to type (infrequently)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020

15. jaykeeley
    Donut Oct 13, 2020

jaykeeley , via OnePlus 8 , Oct 13, 2020 :
    Spotify media controls in the notification pull-down seem broken too. Very rarely showing. Not sure if that's a Spotify or OnePlus problem
    1602556274986.jpg

A1509557061431 likes this.
  16. Alex_Austria
    Froyo Oct 13, 2020

Alex_Austria , Oct 13, 2020 :
    ***UPDATE from 13. October 2020***
    (I also updated the first Post)

I did a complete Factory Reset / Wipe
    So this is what you (or at least was i) get after a complete wipe of the phone with a clean install of Oxygen OS 11 (IN21BA)

Except the SMS/Messages App crashing (that also can be solved with clearing cache and app data) nothing changed.

*) System UI crashing
    *) random Lags and Freezes
    *) Games (for Example Clash Royal) are freezing for ~ 6seconds until its responding again
    *) the whole user experience with the phone isn't "smooth" anymore
    *) from microstuttering to freezes up to several seconds, everything is possible and its doesn't matter where you are (homescreen, appdrawer,...) or have an app running.
    *) and all Incoming calls via VoLTE and VoWifi are still from an "Unknown Caller" even if the Number is saved in your contacts.
    *) Another thing i noticed - since the update I have chinese symbols in the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client App that i have never seen before. I also reinstalled the App from the Playstore.
    So it seems the phone tells the app its located in china!?
    But to be honest - this is the least important thing, but i still want to mention it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020

17. Alex_Austria
    Froyo Oct 13, 2020

I did. Its a brand new install right now. still extreme problems.

18. Alex_Austria
    Froyo Oct 13, 2020

yes problems still there - only the messages/sms app works now.

19. Alex_Austria
    Froyo Oct 13, 2020

I contacted my regional support chat.
    Thy Guy Guided me through some things that all did not work, then he told me to Factory Reset - what i did.

Nothing changed. He told me, Android 11 is too new and they dont know about those Problems yet,...

There are so many Bugs/Problems in this "stable release" im really shocked that this piece of software made its way through the quality checks. Just google a bit - Internet is full with OxygenOS 11 Problems.

My Phone freezes every 2 minutes while im using it,...very disappointing experience

TuomasLiika and jaykeeley like this.
  20. Eyup+1_8
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2020