Problems downgrading to 11S through TWRP

1. absolem Eclair Dec 13, 2015

absolem, Dec 13, 2015 :
    Ive been trying to downgrade from cm13 to the last KitKat COS as listed here.
    However during the flash process I get an error right at the start - anyone knows what causes this problem?
    Heres what I did: Wiped System, Data, Cache, DCache, tried to install the respective flashable zip.
    I doublechecked the md5 sums with the file - its the same.

Any ideas?

2. Funk Wizard Lollipop Moderator Dec 13, 2015

Funk Wizard, Dec 13, 2015 :
    First u need to change the modem firmware to 4.4.4 and for that u need 2.8.6.0 or lower

3. Pavankalyan Gingerbread Dec 13, 2015

Pavankalyan, Dec 13, 2015 :
    If u want to roll back to the kitkat firmware..then install it with Fastboot Image from Fastboot Mode
    it gives the clean installation of the OS

4. absolem Eclair Dec 13, 2015

absolem, Dec 13, 2015 :
    I see. Im on 2.8.6 - how exactly do I change the modem first? Is there a flashable EFS Image somewhere?
    Alright, I downloaded the appropriate modem, wiped everything, flashed the modem first - still getting an error for the 11S zip-File. Any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot!

Dont really want to install via fastboot since it deletes the internal storage.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015

5. ninjasumit Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 13, 2015

ninjasumit, Dec 13, 2015 :
    Fastboot does not necessarily delete the internal storage. Just don't flash the userdata.img and userdata_64G.img and you won't lose any data.

6. eranm5 Jelly Bean Dec 13, 2015

eranm5, Dec 13, 2015 :
    Hey! Use the guide in my signature. You don't need TWRP to make a clean flash.

An incompatible userdata image may cause a bootloop. So it is best to use the one that comes with the ROM.