Problems with Bluetooth connection to Ford Mondeo (2013)

1. Kowol Cupcake May 28, 2018

Kowol, May 28, 2018 :
    Hello, I need help. I have replaced my Op3T with a OP6. In the last two days I tried to pairing OP6 with my Ford Mondeo. It worked for 2 minutes. Within this short period I could receive and make calls. Then both pairing partner shows that they connected. But when I tried to send a call, my car said that there is no network. But my phone shows full network connection. Have anybody an idea?

2. F_Cedrick_Teuteberg_CzNR Cupcake May 28, 2018

3. rzgarespo Cupcake May 28, 2018

rzgarespo, May 28, 2018 :
    on Volvo v90 shows " only emergency calls" despite the full connectivity.
    I think it has something to do with doual sim cards.

Last edited: May 28, 2018

4. cliffr39 Cupcake May 28, 2018

cliffr39, May 28, 2018 :
    Actually that could be. This is my first dual SIM phone and first phone to have bluetooth issues in any of my vehicles. It pairs just fine but doesn't send call audio to the car.

5. izzykasha Lollipop May 28, 2018

izzykasha, May 28, 2018 :
    lots of threads on this already so search in the new updated community app is your friend.

but in summary many suggest the vehicle software/firmware may need updating by your main dealer for it to work with the newer Android Oreo/oneplus 6 technology.

don't shoot the messenger search and read for yourself and decide

6. ad73 Eclair May 28, 2018

ad73, May 28, 2018 :
    Getting the same problem with Renault kadjar. I can receive calls but I cannot make calls as it says no network.

7. cliffr39 Cupcake May 28, 2018

cliffr39, May 28, 2018 :
    Yeah I have seen several of these threads with many saying it could be the car maker. Ford just released an update and ran it on May 18th for my 2017 vehicle. Other Android devices I have with Oreo (8.0 not 8.1.x so can't do exact comparisons) have no issue. I wish I tested it before I downloaded/installed the 5.1.5 update when I unboxed the OP6.

8. rzgarespo Cupcake May 29, 2018

rzgarespo, May 29, 2018 :

cliffr39

Actually that could be. This is my first dual SIM phone and first phone to have bluetooth issues in any of my vehicles. It pairs just fine but doesn't send call audio to the car.​

same here. I tested it with Sony Xperia Premium which runs Android 8.1 and no issues whatsoever.
    it is very serious problem because in Sweden it's illegal to use mobile while driving. unfortunately yesterday I had to answer some call and got stopped by a polis. 1500 Swedish krona about 180 US dollars
    1527583639086.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2018

9. rzgarespo Cupcake May 29, 2018

rzgarespo, May 29, 2018 :

izzykasha

lots of threads on this already so search in the new updated community app is your friend.

but in summary many suggest the vehicle software/firmware may need updating by your main dealer for it to work with the newer Android Oreo/oneplus 6 technology.

don't shoot the messenger search and read for yourself and decide​

I tested it with Sony Xperia Premium that runs Android 8.1. and couldn't see any problem. everything from audio streaming phonecalls worked as it should. so car firmware and Android version is not the issue. 1527586828242.jpg

10. chrisinthesun Gingerbread May 31, 2018

chrisinthesun, May 31, 2018 :
    Similar issue with my 2015 Peugeot 308. OP6 connects just fine - initially it shows my carrier and signal strength on car display, but after a few mins the carrier name vanishes and it shows no signal. Luckily for me I can still make and receive calls no problem, as I guess my carkit tries anyway, rather than simply trusting the info its getting from the handset.
    I think it must be a bluetooth issue from the phone, not handing the signal and carrier data correctly to the car.

11. shmuelw Donut Jun 17, 2018

shmuelw, Jun 17, 2018 :
    Hi, there is a major problem with BT connection and switching between the devices once paired to several devices such as smartwatch, car audio, headset etc.