problems with oneolus6t

1. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

Seagal_aikikai , Nov 21, 2018 :
    Hi!
    I tried to shutdown the Google search app and it wasn't possible. After that the phone [e]1f4f1[/e] freeze and when I tried to make a restart after pressing the power button and isn't working... After this I tried to press the shutdown boten and it is impossible either... A can't do anything... After a few minutes the phone becomes hot and automatically makes the reboot...
    "never settle"

2. Derrik Brozovich
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

Derrik Brozovich , Nov 21, 2018 :
    Oh wow, that's strange! If your phone ever freezes like that (mine has too but jot to your extent) you can simply press and hold both the volume down + power button for up to 30 seconds and the device will soft reset/force restart. This is also known as a simulated battery removal.

Software hiccups aren't fun and sometimes can be undetected until launch of a new phone. The 6T is nearly a few weeks old and usually OnePlus is quick to send updates to resolve issues. I'm sure you can expect an update by year's end that addresses some issues possibly such as this. Also, if and when your device does update whether it's a carrier update, Google update, or OP update, you could always wipe the device's cache partition which will clear the system cache which is a major proponent of software glitches and hiccups. Heck, even if your phone is acting up, I would wipe the cache partition then too if a soft reset or other troubleshooting doesn't resolve.

I hope that helps a bit!

Cheers!

siddhesh2k and Seagal_aikikai like this.
  3. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

Derrik Brozovich likes this.
  4. siddhesh2k
    Froyo Nov 21, 2018

5. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

Hi! This is the information that OnePlus team give me to wipe cache
    1. Power off your phone.
    2. Press Power switch while pressing Volume Down button for four seconds.
    3. Choose language and tap "Wipe data and cache".
    4. Tap "Wipe cache" and reboot.

6. Seagal_aikikai
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

I want to say thanks to OnePlus team for all the effort to help me and try understand what happened. Thanks Jeff from OnePlus bug team

7. siddhesh2k
    Froyo Nov 21, 2018

8. Derrik Brozovich
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2018

Derrik Brozovich , Nov 22, 2018 :
    This is not a reset, so you lose nothing. What this does is close all processes and clear all cached system data which can resolve bugs and software conflicts leading to freezing or crashing. After the phone turns back on after you do it, it's typically it runs a little slower at first as it's starting all of those processes back up. Powering off your device regularly will also help mitigate these issues.

siddhesh2k likes this.