Problems with Samsung, Xiaomi, and other brands...

1. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 23, 2021 :
    This thread is dedicated to problems reported about smartphones and other gadgets from other brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, etc.

Those who believe that products from competing brands are trouble free, please visit the respective forums or come here to know the reality.

Shailender Sharma and drl431 like this.
  2. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2021

3. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2021

4. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 23, 2021

5. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 23, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Well most recent trouble with another brand for me is dust in the camera housing of my Pixel3XL.
    Always been in a case, and is supposedly an IP67 phone. After a quick look, it seemed that this was a common occurrence with other users.

With my Xioami I still have to have an issue.

6. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Only problem i had is my Nexus 5X died on me whilst receiving a big upgrade, it got hot and as a result it died, known issue, and all Google did was point to the reseller.

Never had any problem with OnePlus, or Xiaomi. Sony was shit on Updates, like OnePlus.

If you think OnePlus CS is bad, try Google...

Still, I love the Pixel line.

Tokolozi and TheMystic like this.
  7. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 23, 2021

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021

TheMystic and Mr. BG like this.
  8. Tokolozi

I did... why do you think my P3XL isn't repaired.

Bought in Germany (since not sold in Belgium), had issue, Google does not accept return within warranty from Belgium + won't ship the device back to Belgium when repaired.
    Suggested I go back to original seller in Germany to have it repaired via them.... All would be great if travel was allowed in lockdown. By the time the borders were open, my phone was out of warranty!

(I know that I need to live with this since I decided to get a device not officially released in my region)

9. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Also, remember the Galaxy Note 7 disaster..

This fuckery, there's no need whatsoever to behave like that, people want your phone so bad they go to another country to buy it, and then they treat you like this, asshats I say!

TheMystic and Tokolozi like this.
  10. Tokolozi

Yup, but oh well. I'll only buy the next pixel if it's released here. I liked the device, just not the service.
    The latest a model was, so there's hope... especially if it's via a trusted reseller.

TheMystic likes this.
  11. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 26, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 26, 2021 :
    To be fair to them, you can't blame them. They can't take responsibility to service a customer from a market they decided to omit.

Tokolozi likes this.
  12. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 26, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Besides the fact that most of Europe is an open market ;)

But yes I knew the risks.

TheMystic likes this.
  13. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 26, 2021

Mr. BG , Apr 26, 2021 :
    I can, because EU consumer rights state clearly that if i buy something in, let's say, Germany, that a company can't refuse warranty because of the fact i live in Belgium or NL. What they actually do is make it near impossible for you to claim that warranty.

We do, doesn't make Google right though..

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021

Tokolozi and superplus like this.
  14. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 26, 2021

TheMystic and Tokolozi like this.
  15. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 26, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 26, 2021 :
    I missed the part that they refused warranty. I thought it was only about not covering the shipping expenses, which is justified.

Don't all these products come with international warranty, serviceable in any part of the world?

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  16. Tokolozi

Tokolozi , Apr 26, 2021 :
    I was willing to pay for shipping, they wouldn't ship it back to me if the address is BE.
    Just to make a claim I already needed to go via a German VPN.

The way they see it with the international warranty, it's good as long as you bring it in to a store that resells it. Not that any store wants to accept another store's warranty claim...

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  17. Tokolozi

18. K1ngP1n
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2021

malidan likes this.
  19. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Apr 27, 2021

Mr. BG , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Cognitive disambiguation

That makes no sense but I like what my spellchecker changed my words to better than my own intentions..

Shailender Sharma and Tokolozi like this.
  20. TheMystic
    Lollipop May 8, 2021

TheMystic , May 8, 2021 :
    @malidan

This thread is a collection of problems faced by non-OnePlus devices. Do check-in every now and then to learn about them.