Network/Connectivity Problems with SMS with 4G enabled while connected to Netgear router

1. falolaf
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2017

falolaf , Feb 28, 2017 :
    Hello!

Friday February 24 I received two new OP 3t. Still on OOS 3.5.4.

During the weekend I discovered that there are problems sending and receiving SMS/MMS. There are no error messages it just takes really long time for messages to be received or appear in the other end. Hours in some cases.
    I first though it was some kind of problem with the settings so I spoke to my carrier and I received new configuration. At first I thought the problem was solved but the it came back.

Yesterday while at work, there were no problems at all with SMS/MMS. I thought the problem was solved, again. Then when I came home in the evening, the problem was back. After some thinking I disabled wifi on the phone but still lagging sending/receiving messages. But, after some time with wifi diasabled it setteled down and messages were working again. I enabled wifi and problem came back immediately. Disable wifi again and after some time messages working again.

Since then, I have done more testing and it seems that if I prevent 4G, i.e. 2G/3G auto only, there are no problems. All messages are sent/received without any problems.

Now, the thing is that at work I was all the time connected to my employers wifi. Messages still work. So it seems that OP3t does not like my Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router while 4G enabled. I have tested to connect to both 2.4 and 5 GHz but it seems it that frequency does not matter. I have not yet tested to switch channels in the router to see if that matters but I might do that during my evening.

I have not upgrade to OOS 4.0.3 yet as I have read all about the problems others have with that OTA one... I might give it a go with "adb sideload" though. Only one phone at first just to see if that helps.

Any thoughts on this?

2. G_Saifuddin_Mohit_ucvj
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2017

G_Saifuddin_Mohit_ucvj , Feb 28, 2017 :
    I am using a Oneplus 3T and I also received my phone on the same day! KUDOS! Not sure of your problem but I updated my phone on the same day and no problems! I would recommend shifting to the newer nougat version of the OS. That should solve many problems!!

3. falolaf
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2017

falolaf , Mar 1, 2017 :
    I will most likely do that on one of the phones in the next couple of days. I will report back with the result.
    Just hope it is not a radio issue...

4. falolaf
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

falolaf , Mar 9, 2017 :
    I have now upgraded to OOS 4.0.3 on one of the phones. Still the same problem though.... Severe problems sending/receiving SMS while connected to my home router at the same time as I'm connected to LTE NW.

5. G_elCrestas_16_JJCg
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

6. falolaf
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

falolaf , Mar 9, 2017 :
    With SMS, like me, or more in general?

7. V1577517917536
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2020 at 10:28 AM