ProClip: Mount Your OnePlus One in Your Car

?

Would you be interested in purchasing a Proclip holder for the OnePlus One?

1. Yes. (Please contact ProClip to express your interest!)

84.3%
  2. No. (Why not: no need, too expensive, other?)

15.7%
  1. jamesk
    Eclair Jul 14, 2014

jamesk , Jul 14, 2014 :
    Hey,

We can also email info@brodit.se about it, asking them to make one.

I'm sure if enough of us can email their interest, it would work.

James

2. jamesk
    Eclair Jul 17, 2014

jamesk , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I contacted info@brodit.se and they responded quickly with an actual personnel email about their situation with the OnePlus one.

If you're interested in the best car mount around, please contact them on that email address!

nickmurphyphotos likes this.
  3. ChefChaudart
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

4. Rhokk
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2014

Rhokk , Jul 18, 2014 :
    I use a proclip mount currently and love them. Purchased my first one years ago and I've never been let down. Quality and they are custom fit for your car.

5. nickmurphyphotos
    Froyo Jul 19, 2014

nickmurphyphotos , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Thanks for the suggestion, guys! On July 17, I decided to send them an email, too. Here's what I wrote:

They emailed me back the next day, saying:

Since this is contrary to what Johan had led me to believe, I decided to write them back. I send them this email today:

I hope to hear something positive soon!

@rkoppen, @i208khonsu, @atomik, I quoted your posts in my email to demonstrate how enthusiastic we are about the possibility for a OnePlus One Proclip!

In the meantime, the more people that email Brodit/ProClip, the better. Thanks for everyone's input!

UPDATE July 19: I just received out-of-office auto-replies from both Peter and Göran (who, in addition to Johan, was copied on the response Peter sent to me). Göran is out until July 28 and Peter is out until August 18. So, I guess for now I'll get a universal mount, and play the waiting game. :(

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

6. hongphooey
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

hongphooey , Jul 19, 2014 :
    I just emailed them asking them how many people need to inquire about making a mount before they consider it.

7. hongphooey
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2014

hongphooey , Jul 20, 2014 :
    Are you going to get the universal mount that will fit a case also? I'm wondering if I should buy a case to protect the OPO

8. nickmurphyphotos
    Froyo Jul 20, 2014

nickmurphyphotos , Jul 20, 2014 :
    I went ahead and got this one. I don't plan on using my One with a case, so I got the one that will fit the bare device.

In other news, I got a reply from Johan (while he's still on vacation) that he hasn't received an invite yet. I told him that he might be able to expect on directly from OnePlus soon, based on his join date. If he doesn't get one this week, I'm going to keep an eye out for extra invites, in case I can send one his way.

9. NataKun
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2014

NataKun , Jul 20, 2014 :
    Looks awesome, would get it, but don't have a car (yet?). Does it work for bikes? :D

10. nickmurphyphotos
    Froyo Jul 20, 2014

11. NataKun
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2014

12. nickmurphyphotos
    Froyo Jul 20, 2014

nickmurphyphotos , Jul 20, 2014 :
    Yeah, they are a little pricey for me, too!

13. jamesk
    Eclair Jul 21, 2014

jamesk , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Hm, the latest posts in here don't seem so positive. Hopefully better news when Johan when he's back from holiday.

14. ChefChaudart
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2014

15. jamesk
    Eclair Jul 21, 2014

jamesk , Jul 21, 2014 :
    :( But the more people that ask the more they will be interested in doing it :) Thanks for asking them!

nickmurphyphotos likes this.
  16. Milad
    Lollipop Jul 21, 2014

Milad , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Second one looks good for me since we change cars like every 2 months.

17. jamesk
    Eclair Jul 22, 2014

jamesk , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Problem is, I use a case, and I don't think the adjustable one will quite fit the phone + case. Hopefully a custom one will be available - if it was a custom fit, I'd be happy to remove the case when I needed to use it :)

18. nickmurphyphotos
    Froyo Jul 24, 2014

nickmurphyphotos , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Check the dimensions of the case; they make adjustable ones for larger phones:

Large Universal Adjustable ProClip Holder T1 [this is the one that I ordered, should fit bare OPO]
    Device thickness: 6-10 mm (0.24-0.39 inches) & Width adjustment: 75-89 mm (2.95-3.50 inches)

Large Universal Adjustable ProClip Holder T2
    Device thickness: 9-13 mm (0.35-0.51 inches) & Width adjustment: 75-89 mm (2.95-3.50 inches)

Large Universal Adjustable ProClip Holder T3
    Device thickness: 12-16 mm (0.47-0.62 inches) & Width adjustment: 75-89 mm (2.95-3.50 inches)

19. nickmurphyphotos
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

nickmurphyphotos , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Another update: Johan told me he ordered the phone this past Friday. I'm hoping to hear positive news from him soon. :)

In the meantime, I have set up the adjustable mount in my car, and it's working better than I expected for now. I still had a custom mount for an HTC One M7 lying around, and I unscrewed the charging cable from the mount so I could use it with the OnePlus One. Now I have to plug it in manually, but it's still hardwired to my car's electrical supply. I also purchased a little hook to hold my bluetooth earpiece so I don't lose it anymore (I was constantly searching for that tiny thing!). Here are some pictures of it installed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. johanvanmierlo
    Donut Jul 31, 2014

johanvanmierlo , Jul 31, 2014 :
    I have received the OnePlus One and it will be send to the factory in Sweden for a custom design holder. However due to the summer schedule we are probably looking at the month of September before we have them available. Please email customerservice@proclipusa.com to be added to the the notification list. We will email the people on the list once we have them available to order.

Moirae and nickmurphyphotos like this.