ProClip: Mount Your OnePlus One in Your Car

?

Would you be interested in purchasing a Proclip holder for the OnePlus One?

1. Yes. (Please contact ProClip to express your interest!)

84.3%
  2. No. (Why not: no need, too expensive, other?)

15.7%
  1. bjornb
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2014

2. vivankka
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2014

vivankka , Sep 24, 2014 :
    No window mount, otherwise you cannot see the oncoming traffic anymore ...:eek:

3. RyanMK
    Donut Oct 9, 2014

RyanMK , Oct 9, 2014 :
    Anyone with feedbacks if the holder actually ruin the sandstone finish over time?

4. Martijnvb76
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2014

5. cptainsprky
    Eclair Nov 2, 2014

cptainsprky , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Any chance of making an adjustable holder that fits the Oneplus One with a case? (ie: Diztronic) I've just upgraded from a Galaxy S3 with an Otterbox case and loved the slide up adjustable dashmount holder.

From the looks in the photos, a phone with a case won't fit... oh yeah, and must have the charger built in too. I did get a lot of jealous compliments with the S3 holder ;)

6. addam
    KitKat Nov 2, 2014

addam , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Steelie's are the nicest car mounts in my opinion. there not gonna break and they're less intrusive than other mounting kits
    images (34).jpg

7. ksd
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2014

ksd , Nov 2, 2014 :
    No car :)

And if I mount it on my bike's handlebar I probably won't be able to see something cause of its size...

8. bigdogmn73
    Eclair Nov 5, 2014

bigdogmn73 , Nov 5, 2014 :
    I live
    I live in a cold climate and I need air coming out of my air vent so I won't be buying this type. More interested in the ones like the Ram X-Grip

Attached Files:

9. ali-wali92
    Froyo Dec 11, 2014

10. addam
    KitKat Dec 11, 2014

addam , Dec 11, 2014 :
    Check out my last post, about 5 post up

ali-wali92 likes this.
  11. ali-wali92
    Froyo Dec 12, 2014

ali-wali92 , Dec 12, 2014 :
    Thanks! Definitely will check it out.

addam likes this.
  12. dodger12
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2015

dodger12 , Jan 22, 2015 :
    The prices for these, are just out there. Even with a 10% discount (saveten) with shipping it works out to just shy of $100 USD. Convert that to CAD and.. well logic dictates its a pass. I do think this looks great but all things considered its still just a snap on accessory made primarily of plastic that performs no other function than holding your phone in landscape or portrait. No such accessory is worth 1/3rd the cost of a smart phone packed with the latest technology and essentially limitless software that helps you with your day to day.

Thanks for including the oneplus but I for one will need a a bigger price incentive. I just can't rationalize it at the current prices. Until then I'll have to grudgingly make due with the competition.

13. Veemo
    Eclair Feb 3, 2015

14. idanlevy0302
    Cupcake Feb 12, 2015

idanlevy0302 , Feb 12, 2015 :
    which model should i buy in case i want to use the mount with my opo with the original clear case??

15. clayginn
    KitKat Feb 12, 2015

16. idanlevy0302
    Cupcake Feb 12, 2015

17. evo5ive
    Froyo Feb 12, 2015

evo5ive , Feb 12, 2015 :
    Anyone else notice this warning? I'm curious to find out if it will affect our phone.
    Untitled-1.jpg

idanlevy0302 likes this.
  18. idanlevy0302
    Cupcake Feb 12, 2015

19. idanlevy0302
    Cupcake Feb 13, 2015

idanlevy0302 , Feb 13, 2015 :
    so any one tried the large generic holder of brodit proclip?

will it support the opo with clear case of opo (from this site)?

20. bruor
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2015

bruor , Apr 3, 2015 :
    Edit: tagging @johanvanmierlo,

I bought the mount that comes with the USB adapter and vable for my car. The mount itself is great, but I was disappointed to find out that the cable they chose limits the charging current to the device. It was an extra $40 to get the mount with the cable holder, a cable, and the DC USB plug for the car. I use Google maps for navigation the phone will slowly use its battery and die even though it's plugged in.

I used an app called ampere to see the battery charging rate. With the device connected to the cable they included it showed a 20ma charging rate while in the dark. As soon as the screen went brighter it showed that the battery was discharging even though it was plugged in.

I ended up trying a bunch of different power supplies with their supplied cable but couldn't get it to charge any faster. Using a few different cables i found that my monoprice and anker cables let the battery charge at 850ma.

When I contacted proclip they offered to run the holster but I declined. The reason that the charge rate is limited is due to the gauge of wire used in the cable itself. The supplied cable is 26awg, the cable I ended up replacing it with is 21awg for the power leads.

I had to use a utility knife to cut the piece that holds the power cable in place so that the straight through cable could be used in the mount. I cannot find a USB down angle micro B cable with anything higher than 24awg wires. I have some cables that charged the device at 500ma, and I believe that a have been the gauge of those cables, and I prefer to charge as quickly as possible.

This is most likely a problem for users of other devices that have similar power requirements. Hopefully brodit/proclip will take the information I've given them and improve their product.

I hope this was helpful for some of you. I know I'm much happier with the product since I've replaced the cable!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015