Production Plans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquiky1
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

aquiky1 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Sorry but can you imagine having to put your name in a hat to see if you get an invite to a friends wedding? Only for him to tell you you might not get an invite because he has more friends than he thought. This is by far the stupidest system I've ever heard of. If you would take pre-orders you would already have gotten my money, now its off to Google and a nexus 5. And I wouldn't of even cared if you said it would be 2 months till I received one. Sorry but doubt if half of you on here ever receive a phone. You could have had $ in the bank, had a sales forecast and production cost estimate. I think these guys are in way over there heads which is surprising considering there experience. I mean really people they didn't think a smartphone with this technology would be this much of a hit...

bazinga and Rekcus like this.
  2. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

virgil1981 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I will wait a few days to see what info they got very out about invites. If its the same lame crap with little info I'm off to oppo but I hope we get better info.

Rekcus likes this.
  3. gt5679a
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2014

gt5679a , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Glad that the admins are finally making an appearance. I'm interested to hear what they have to say in a few days.

Rekcus likes this.
  4. gamecard
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

5. spacefly
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

spacefly , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Hmmm… Doesn't really inspire much confidence...It very much sounds like you are not geared up for mass production and if the masses want one they will be waiting many months. I hope this is not the case, but have seen this so many times before. Prove me wrong OP, all you have to do is give a specific launch date for each country/region not just Q2, cos it usually jumps to Q3… Q4... If you cannot be more definite then I'm jumping off the OPO bandwagon.

bazinga and Rekcus like this.
  6. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

virgil1981 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    You and many others too will jump ship.

7. pandana
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

wtfxxx likes this.
  8. noor440
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

noor440 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I mean you could take pre orders so you know how much to make. But what do I know, you are the one working at the company

9. j08rebelo
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

j08rebelo , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Congratulations and good luck for all the future initiatives!

10. wmm
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

wmm , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I think we should cut them a little slack. Forecasting order volume is not trivial. Although they do have a very impressive product at a very impressive price, remember that the intangibles that potential customers weigh are all against them: an unknown Chinese company with no track record trying to make a state-of-the-art phone and introduce it globally. They're doing it with essentially no paid advertising, just social media and stunt marketing. I don't blame them for being conservative in their volume estimates. That would be the responsible way to spend their investors' money.

Nevertheless, I think you're right that the 1+1 will likely be on backorder/limited allocation for a very long time. You can't ramp up volume production at the drop of a hat.

11. ranjayryan
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

12. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Apr 26, 2014

13. bendloveless
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2014

bendloveless , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Mainly, I just want to be confirmed that I can hand you my money soon for a beautiful new phone. I've recently broke my old Nexus 4 and planned on buying a Nexus 5 and ran into this phone while deciding. This has stolen my all my interest ;p HOWEVER, I cannot wait months without a phone. I'd just like to be told that someday soon I can buy this, and not worry about the lack of an invite.

bazinga and gmanphx like this.
  14. davaughe
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

davaughe , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I'm glad to hear this announcement, if the results of your launch are as impressive as you say they are then I see no reason why you can't simply allow us to pre-order, it's simple once you hit 100K pre-orders just start production, I don't think most of us would mind hearing out of stock so long as we know when the next batch will be arriving. Honestly I think your launch method has actually done us customers a great dis-service and may I say it's kinda just looking like shitty customer service at this point. In any case hurry the hell up!

15. ottovolante73
    Eclair Apr 27, 2014

16. rhiney
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2014

transmetea likes this.
  17. wmm
    KitKat Apr 27, 2014

wmm , Apr 27, 2014 :
    Well, good luck; however, if you need a new phone soon, you should probably look elsewhere. Supply chains can't ramp up instantaneously. I wouldn't be surprised if it's July or August before supply catches up with demand.

bazinga likes this.
  18. bazinga
    Donut Apr 27, 2014

bazinga , Apr 27, 2014 :
    There is no reason to estimate and predict! All they needed to do is do pre-orders, that's it. People would have bought it and the company would knew how many to make. Very simple - people buy, you send them an email saying 'You have to wait for X amount of time'. The ploy I see here (even though I'd LOVE to have this phone) makes me very suspicious - these are usually tactics used by a shady and dishonest people/companies.

nik_pa likes this.
  19. bazinga
    Donut Apr 27, 2014

bazinga , Apr 27, 2014 :
    This is exactly my sentiment. I'd love to have this phone, but this 'invite' idea is a flawed (and alarming) one. I need a phone now. I could wait for a month or two if I knew this phone is coming. But I won't wait for an undetermined amount of time. I guess I'll have to get Nexus 5 which I didn't really want to do.

hayt likes this.
  20. by_default
    Donut Apr 27, 2014

by_default , Apr 27, 2014 :
    I want an invitation please, i love this smartphone from Spain : (
    Please pelease pleaseee