Production Plans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

virgil1981 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Finally an update. Hopefully in a few days when we hear more it will be good news about supply.

now likes this.
  2. Fadi
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Fadi , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I am optimist7c about this update, good news are in the way

now likes this.
  3. davew
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

davew , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Yawn total bs

now, chilimannen and jimberkas like this.
  4. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

pixelbat , Apr 26, 2014 :
    It's hard to take a company serious when they come up with such a Bush League marketing strategy. If your product was so great, you wouldn't need gimmicks, hoops, and hurdles for people to jump through just to get an invite or buy the product. The onslaught of publicity is happening because of all the promises and PRICE POINT, has very very little to do with your contest and marketing. If any company came out tomorrow and said they had a $300 flagship phone coming out, it too would get a ton of free publicity.

What you folks ought to be doing is getting some serious details out in the open and start addressing the countless legit concerns being brought up all over these forums... and if you guys really wanted to be good guys, you'd switch the contest from smashing to paying it forward and letting the 100 selected give their phones to charities. Or even better yet, how about just nixing the gimmick all together and give the 100 lucky people a phone... straight up, no bullshit.

5. cookies357
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

now likes this.
  6. ramonq619
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2014

now likes this.
  7. alimamoon
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

alimamoon , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Its very good hear. Specially when you're with the OnePlus team for a long time. It makes us feel proud and we feel like part of it being in those who believed in OnePlus and their Team. We are looking forward to get our OnePlus One soon.
    We wish you best of luck!

now likes this.
  8. piraeta
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

9. nickh8su

nickh8su , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I will agree that the smash it promotion irked me a tad

now likes this.
  10. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

virgil1981 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Me 2. I'd rather donate my phone then smash it.

11. av78130
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

av78130 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    @Carl thank you for the update. Glad to hear everything is going better than expected and production plans are changing accordingly. The OPO is a beast of a phone and I really really doubt you will have any phones unsold that are produced. Especially at this point where forum members are drooling at the thought of getting their hands on them. Keep up the great work. I think i can speak for many in thay all we ask is to be informed about the release and any updates with production plans. Nothing worse then spreading the love for the OPO and providing SUPPORT for OP only to be left in the dark about when or how to get one.

AlexM, now and triculious like this.
  12. Raphael Castle

Raphael Castle , Apr 26, 2014 :
    This is a step in the right direction for me, all i need to quell my rising temper is information, it's been too quite lately. Wish i didn't have to wait a few days for news but i guess something is better than nothing, would love to hear about when the invites are going to roll out for the sane people that didn't participate in the smash the past contest. Also as an American would also like to know the time frame of when i can expect to get my hand on a 64 GB 1+1.

zmanc7, now, triculious and 1 other person like this.
  13. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

davew, MF831 and nickh8su like this.
  14. justyfier
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

justyfier , Apr 26, 2014 :
    there 2 different user groups you have to take in account us and the general public. you gained momentum through us and now that you have the general publics attention. i feel like you are treating us your ambassadors as you said as an unwanted stepchild. you used us and now we 're obsolete. thats no problem in the short run. but it will hurt sales and bite you in the *** in the future. get your heads out off the clouds and remember where you came from

Hubblebug likes this.
  15. steinforce
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

steinforce , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Hopefully we get more information soon enough about what are the production plans and when it *might* be more widely available. I hope we could help anyhow. In any case, good luck there!

Davve95 likes this.
  16. lmbebo
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

lmbebo , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Agree with. Much could be done with a usable phone. Recycled or collected to be donated. Or maybe collected, to be sold for a charity? Some of the phones listed are pretty nice.

Hard to imagine someone smashing an iPhone 5s...

But we didn't make these rules, we gotta play by there rules. It gets some viral marketing going. Its not a bad strategy, but it could be tweaked.

steinforce likes this.
  17. nickh8su

18. pandalo
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

pandalo , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Understandable since you guys are a startup! Best of luck and hopefully we can all get this phone soon!

19. virgil1981
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

20. ziprom
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

ziprom , Apr 26, 2014 :
    @Carl Thank You for the much appreciated update. :)