Production Plans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playForever
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2014

playForever , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Yes, please ramp up the production volume as soon and as many as possible.
    OnePlus One could quickly becomes 3rd popular smart phone in the world if you can make 2-3 million units/month(right after iPhone and Samsung GS series).

Many people are not happy with Samsung touchwiz, and flash their GS phones to CM. You guys have big chance to quickly make OnePlus One to be one of the top 3 popular phones in the world.

2. Nelutz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 30, 2014

Nelutz , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Ok so if I get the invite to buy the 16gb (because I register for the invite) Is there an option to refuse and wait for the 64gb??

3. daisy92
    Eclair Apr 30, 2014

tay92 likes this.
  4. Almeidinha

Almeidinha , Apr 30, 2014 :
    they don't have the infrastructure of Apple or samsung...not even close, even with OPPO's assistance.
    The problem here is that they wanted to hype the product as soon as possible, due to new releases in the near future (nexus 6?). This would create fans and create the hype intended. The problem at the moment is this. They have a potential of 30-40k units sold in the first days if they want, but they can't cope with that since manufacturing and hype are not at same speeds.
    So, they shows a cell phone (16gb) running around in a few hands to makes us salivate for a couple of months until the first thousands of units become available. Of course, until then we will have contests and such with a couple of hundred units to keep us entertained and curious, but no actual selling...
    To be honest I'm disappointed because I just read that the 64gb (which I believe to be the most desired one) is only becoming available in late June, so hands on only in July (shipping times,etc). The problem is that releasing the first units is easy, satisfying the WHOLE DEMAND is another different story altogether. My opinion is that it will be late July or even August before we see more normalized stock available and by then we will have an almighty NEXUS 6 that will kill it off with a new android version amongst other specs brutal kill! :/

DigitalSolace likes this.
  5. bigdogbeau
    Donut Apr 30, 2014

bigdogbeau , Apr 30, 2014 :
    te="Almeidinha, post: 335537, member: 10568"]they don't have the infrastructure of Apple or samsung...not even close, even with OPPO's assistance.
    The problem here is that they wanted to hype the product as soon as possible, due to new releases in the near future (nexus 6?). This would create fans and create the hype intended. The problem at the moment is this. They have a potential of 30-40k units sold in the first days if they want, but they can't cope with that since manufacturing and hype are not at same speeds.
    So, they shows a cell phone (16gb) running around in a few hands to makes us salivate for a couple of months until the first thousands of units become available. Of course, until then we will have contests and such with a couple of hundred units to keep us entertained and curious, but no actual selling...
    To be honest I'm disappointed because I just read that the 64gb (which I believe to be the most desired one) is only becoming available in late June, so hands on only in July (shipping times,etc). The problem is that releasing the first units is easy, satisfying the WHOLE DEMAND is another different story altogether. My opinion is that it will be late July or even August before we see more normalized stock available and by then we will have an almighty NEXUS 6 that will kill it off with a new android version amongst other specs brutal kill! :/[/quote]

what is your source for all of this information?

6. fmds
    Froyo Apr 30, 2014

fmds , Apr 30, 2014 :
    I wonder what is the production rate for a device like this.

7. sourav96
    Gingerbread Apr 30, 2014

sourav96 , Apr 30, 2014 :
    @Carl...its really great that oneplus is personally catering to our requirements...it makes me believe that one plus is in the market for the long run....and will have a more than satisfactory customer service

8. rapnix
    Donut Apr 30, 2014

9. Waterdroid
    Community Veteran Apr 30, 2014

Waterdroid , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Are people really on this forum waiting day after day for a new announcement topic just to write something negative about OnePlus? Go get a life and find yourself a forum that does suit you.

10. Almeidinha

Almeidinha , Apr 30, 2014 :

what is your source for all of this information?[/quote]

For starters, try to get a major in marketing and at least a decade of experience with it in consumer electronics and then we'll discuss it further ;) There's definitely a marketing punch here but not a lot of stock or manufacturing conditions (at the moment) to back up claims :)!

11. tay92

daisy92 likes this.
  12. bigdogbeau
    Donut Apr 30, 2014

bigdogbeau , Apr 30, 2014 :
    Seriously? After that post you say "For starters, try to get a major in marketing and at least a decade of experience with it in consumer electronics and then we'll discuss it further ;) There's definitely a marketing punch here but not a lot of stock or manufacturing conditions (at the moment) to back up claims :)!"

But you do not back up your post with any data, only a stupid quip which means you have not supporting data. And then lets move on from there. If you would like to discuss qualifications without knowing your adversary you just further exhibit your ignorance. I'll be brief: I live about 15 minutes from Silicon Valley, the one in San Jose CA. I started in the industry about 25 years ago with degrees in Business and Engineering. I have worked for major IC manufacturers and for quite some time as The Director of Supply Chain Management for a large distributor I managed a couple of the (at the time) largest Contract Manufacturers in the World. I have forgotten more that you will ever know about this business. Don't forget who the Parent Company is before you go spouting off at the mouth making claims you cannot support. 1+1 are working on final SW teaks and as long as the demand is there they will ramp up production before you can finish your wheat grass and protein shake breakfast. Next time you post know what you are talking about.

13. rafajafa
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

rafajafa , May 1, 2014 :
    that is like to say, "I'm going to get married with a rumanian gipsy or an ugandan".

14. Almeidinha
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2014

Almeidinha , May 1, 2014 :
    Bigdogbeau.....nice googling skills to get all those letters together.
    Also, if you had all those years of experience then I have to tell you.....YOU HAVE LEARNED NOTHING IN 25 YEARS :/!
    Business has 3 punch lines...... expectations, advertisement, "delivery"!
    At the moment we are still dealing with 90% expectation since advertisement in itself is 0 (just hype with prototype models)...and delvery also 0

So yeah, go back to basics "old man" :/

Nelutz likes this.
  15. rafajafa
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

rafajafa , May 1, 2014 :
    did you born yesterday or the day before? Nexus are made out of crap year by year

16. Almeidinha
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2014

Almeidinha , May 1, 2014 :
    Bet you're an apple fapboy :/

17. adamnelson64
    Froyo May 1, 2014

18. DigitalSolace
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

DigitalSolace , May 1, 2014 :

Well stated.

They dropped the ball and now have to deal with Google and Motorola.

19. Retrolongboarder
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

Retrolongboarder , May 1, 2014 :
    I wish everyone would stop talking about invites, and ask Oneplus to just put the phones one their site when they are available.. and sell them! first in gets them. put a limit of one per sale (or no more than two) - that is fair.

Nelutz likes this.
  20. bigdogbeau
    Donut May 1, 2014

bigdogbeau , May 1, 2014 :

Once again you make a post and you have nothing to back it up because you don't know what you're talking about. Its simple state your sources and give us some facts you idiot.