Production Plans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deuse
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

deuse , Apr 26, 2014 :

I hate to rain on your parade but if you would of took pre-order like most wanted
    you would now know
    exactly-How many to make for the first batch(pre-order+)
    exactly-How much cash you will have coming in.
    Oh and while I'm here, where is all the secret tech?

nik_pa, zmanc7, now and 3 others like this.
  2. nickh8su
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2014

nickh8su , Apr 26, 2014 :
    They lost it. Me thinks they should search the couch cushions

now likes this.
  3. pixaros
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

pixaros , Apr 26, 2014 :
    @Carl Thanks for the update about the situation there, we wish you the best of luck and I'm sure every one Will be happy here because each one Will get his device !

now likes this.
  4. ICUH
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

ICUH , Apr 26, 2014 :
    There better be more than 100k devices available.
    Otherwise the forum will be pure hell.
    Second though, probably not that many, too much hype and can't meet its demand.

zmanc7 and now like this.
  5. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

pixelbat , Apr 26, 2014 :
    You know what would really bump this three ring circus up a notch? If they decided to float a Kickstarter for the phone right now. hahahah.

bazinga, zmanc7, now and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jakub Smolar

Jakub Smolar , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Good luck. Thanks for the update.

now likes this.
  7. morrislee
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

morrislee , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Well, the referral system becomes their extension of the advertisment. This really came back to bite their own behind because they wanted to save money on advertisement. I understand, but @deuse is right. You guys would have known the scope of the production is required. Pre-order would have become a small startup fund for faster manufacturing decisions

zmanc7, now and Japultra like this.
  8. NikitaTohov
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

now likes this.
  9. masinfan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

masinfan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Hello, I'm happy for the success of your work. We all expect you to be able to respond to the expectations, and I think so.
    Good Luck!

now likes this.
  10. febio
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

now likes this.
  11. tanvir.islam90
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

tanvir.islam90 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    i dont understand why people are complaining about phone smashing. if you are not interested then don't sign up just because you don't want to smash your phone doesn't mean others want the same. like carl said almost 100,000 submitted application for smashing their phone and say 2/3 of them fake or duplicate but still plenty of people. so seat back and relax soon you will be able to buy the phone. hope i get picked can't wait to distroy my galaxy s4 :D:D

now likes this.
  12. fr05
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

now likes this.
  13. harikp6247
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2014

now likes this.
  14. john winsper
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

now likes this.
  15. Valerio81
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

Valerio81 , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Excuse me Carl! How is that possible? 100.000 wants to smash their nearly new phones for a one? We have 25.000 forum members and many do not like the smash action....(me too).

I am patient. Hope I can purchase a one soon.

PS: Nice Phone!

16. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

Because it's irresponsible and cheesy. Companies pride them self on how green and environmentally responsible they are now days, and this company is working everyone up into wanting to destroy shit and be wasteful, not to mention potentially hazardous if someone has a battery burst or whatever. It's just pure wasteful when the phones could be donated to charitable organizations. It's seriously cheesy too. Would a reputable company like Apple, Samsung, Sony, etc ever do a stupid contest like this? This just shows how amateur their marketing strategy is. When I see this contest for what it is, I actually facepalm, because it takes an idea and company that I had a lot of hope for, and now makes me wonder if this company is competent for the long haul.

zmanc7, now and Japultra like this.
  17. Blutgraetsche
    Honeycomb Apr 26, 2014

Blutgraetsche , Apr 26, 2014 :
    A good market analysis prior could fix some problems in the beginning and many users would not be so applied

now likes this.
  18. magischerherbst

magischerherbst , Apr 26, 2014 :
    @Carl
    Congrats!! :)
    And thank you for the update.
    I'd be glad, if more details could be announced in the near future.
    I'll be waiting patiently.
    ;-)

19. GnagetMC
    Donut Apr 26, 2014

GnagetMC , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Waiting for some more news before deciding but generally a bit disappointed about the whole campaign. Maybe you should've waited with the launch until you were closer to production. Just a thought.

20. pixelbat
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

I'm quite confident it could still be averted if they act fast and start making this ship look a little more polished. But if they keep taking the non-transparent-cheesy-"it works in China"-route, they are just going to alienate them self from what the Western world expects.

bigCITYbrown, zmanc7 and now like this.