Proposal to improve the Selfie Pop-up Mechanism

1. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich May 21, 2019

MarcioReis87, May 21, 2019 :
    I came up with an award but ingenious idea on how to eliminate the wear, tear and noise of the noisy of the pop-up cameras.

By watching a YouTube review by Dave, I could see, hear and analyse how the mechanism works enforced by another video who teared it apart I could only thing of one way to improve it.

Magnets enforced with electronical charge to go up and down.
    Pretty basic but would it work somehow? It's like things of the future that it might really happen or maybe I may have one too much today ;)

Thoughts on this?

2. KeepTransisting The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 21, 2019

ANONYMOOSE_82, Jjallday and SunnyRT like this.
  3. Rusty NZ Lollipop May 21, 2019

Rusty NZ, May 21, 2019 :
    Wow you are talking about the same design principle as a railgun. This could end badly :p

Tobikage, MarcioReis87 and SunnyRT like this.
  4. MarcioReis87 Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

MarcioReis87, May 22, 2019 :
    Lol, well, let's not turn a pop-up camera into a weapon shall we...

5. Coastie Honeycomb May 22, 2019

Coastie, May 22, 2019 :
    electromagnets take a good bit of current and/or a decent size coil to increase the voltage. I think at this point, power would be a limiting factor, that's why the current camera slide mechanisms you see that use magnetic rail systems are a manual open/close process.

Tobikage likes this.
  6. silo24 Eclair May 22, 2019

silo24, May 22, 2019 :
    You are talking about how a solenoid operates......and they move very fast when energised, so the shock to the camera sensor would be significant.....

Would likely break very soon.

7. Vagax Eclair May 22, 2019

Vagax, May 22, 2019 :
    The current design is just fine in my opinion, some people also see the pop up camera as a down side but I absolutely love the feature, I hope future 1+ phones will have it as well.