Pros and Cons of buying a grey import OP6?

1. glen8
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2018

glen8 , Aug 2, 2018 :
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a silk white OP6, but it's sold out in the UK. There's an international seller on ebay selling them.

What's the pros and cons please?

Obviously I'd need to buy an official UK charger (hate the travel adapters), but I'm unsure about the software and warranty mainly.

Thanks

2. danevans18
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2018

danevans18 , Aug 2, 2018 :
    I'm one of those that don't really trust ebay for certain things but I just upgraded my 3T to the 6 with my O2 contract so I know O2 have them.

You could buy one on pay as you go there and then put your own sim card in it.
    I'd rather do that personally than buying one from other sellers.

Worst case O2 might have to order you the Silk White from a different store but either way you would have to wait for it to arrive anyway whichever way you purchase.

Nick 59 likes this.
  3. ngydat
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2018

ngydat , Aug 2, 2018 :
    You need to buy from an authorised reseller (like amazon or O2) to be able to use the warranty if you ever have an issue.

For amazon, be sure it's sold AND delivered by Amazon

Nick 59 likes this.
  4. glen8
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2018

glen8 , Aug 2, 2018 :
    Thanks,

How do I check which stores have them? Checked my local, within a 50 mile radius, London stores, Sheffield etc etc and all sold out?

also, there doesn't seem to be any Amazon listings showing Amazon as the seller, only third party sellers

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018

5. ngydat
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2018

ngydat , Aug 2, 2018 :
    The only alternative I can think of is to buy the black version of the OP6 and check https://dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-6-skins (you have more options to custom your phone except the sides of the phone)

6. danevans18

I'm not sure if there is a store checker but Bradford is where I am so we have them around Bradford.
    If you go to the O2 online store and add the phone to your basket I'm sure it will tell you if it's available as the site will be connected to all their stores in the UK.

I'd be very surprised if its completely out of stock in our UK. I know oneplus are starting to get big and popular over here but never realised they were this big.

See if it let's you purchase on their online store [e]1f609[/e]

7. glen8
    Gingerbread Aug 2, 2018

glen8 , Aug 2, 2018 :
    No, all sold out for online delivery. Bradford sold out too.

danevans17 likes this.
  8. danevans18

Yeah I just looked now. I'm guessing O2 got a limited supply of the silk white. They don't have the red yet either which I noticed when getting mine.

Sorry pal [e]1f622[/e]