Protective cover doesn't fit

1. marcellogoiaba
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2014

marcellogoiaba , Sep 29, 2014 :
    I bought a green protective case and it doesn't fit, it is too tight and it keeps popping off. Now I'm afraid of dropping my phone, I want a new case but I'm afraid of ordering a new one. Anybody having the same problem?

2. Silverchaoz
    Lollipop Sep 29, 2014

3. Chrisfaell
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2014

Chrisfaell , Sep 29, 2014 :
    where you bought it? no one can help u if you dont specify where it was bought and what case model it is.

4. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Sep 29, 2014

5. marcellogoiaba
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2014

marcellogoiaba , Sep 29, 2014 :
    I bought it from OPO store it is a green hard case. I don't think I'm going to return it because as I live in Ireland and returning it back to the store in the UK will cost me about £5 on post, another £5 pounds to ship it back to Ireland, the case itself costs £7.99.

mahammad likes this.
  6. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Sep 29, 2014

gusuraman , Sep 29, 2014 :
    It's a common issue. I suggest you to return it and buy third party case.
    If you see my signature you will find many reviews.

marcellogoiaba likes this.
  7. STA5248
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2014

STA5248 , Sep 29, 2014 :
    Put in a ticket with description, order #, and pictures and they will get back to you in a week. They won't issue you a refund but will send you a new case. Keep in mind, this process is very long though. I had the same issue and put in a ticket a month ago and they said it'll still take another month for me to get the new case for a total of 2 months...:mad:

8. Karthik23kc
    Jelly Bean Sep 29, 2014

9. joale
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 29, 2014

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

10. joale
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 30, 2014

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

Thalion, gusuraman and marcellogoiaba like this.
  11. bishrl
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2014

bishrl , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Yea... I can see how this would work but why do I have to go through all of that (i.e., ziptie the case to a more curved shape along the short side, heat it with a hair dryer, let the case cool, remove the zipties) to get an OPO case to fit an OPO phone? In my case, the teal green OPO protective case does not snap into place on all four corners of the phone at the same time. If I snap two corners into place (i.e., top, bottom, left, or right), the opposing two corners pop out. How ridiculous is it if a phone is damaged because it slips out of its protective case?

Thalion and marcellogoiaba like this.
  12. marcellogoiaba
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

marcellogoiaba , Oct 2, 2014 :
    It is exactly what happens to me. The four corners of the green hard case won't fit it's too tight. So that's why I don't think the method above wouldn't work. I still haven't bought myself I case and I won't buy one from the Oneplus website.

13. thereisnosushi
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2014

Thalion and marcellogoiaba like this.
  14. BradRDavis
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2014

BradRDavis , Oct 16, 2014 :
    I had the same problem. RMA it.

15. marcellogoiaba
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2014

16. go for.android13
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2014

17. Dromidas
    Donut Nov 21, 2014

Dromidas , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Well I feel like an idiot now, should have checked the forums. I never imagined a company would sell a case that works only for their phone and that it wouldn't fit. I'm having the same issue with the neon yellow one, it's a piece of crap. There is no way they could have tested this because it was obvious within 5 minutes of putting it on... lack of even minimal effort quality assurance on this makes me a little worried about the phone now. No issues yet though, at least.

18. marcellogoiaba
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2014

marcellogoiaba , Nov 23, 2014 :
    Yeah I never got to use the cover at all. But I've had the phone for two months now and it works flawlessly. It's definitely the best phone I've ever had, and one of the best phones of the year

19. GILLIERS
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2014

GILLIERS , Dec 14, 2014 :
    Hi!
    I ordered my Black OPO and the green protective case (already aware of the fitting problem).
    So my questions are:
    - Did Oneplus solved the problem with the case that doesn't fit the Black OPO?
    - Do they refund (as the product doesn't fit it isn't what we intended to buy in my opinion)?
    - Is there ANY beautiful AND protective case for the OPO that isn't too thick or too ugly. I've already been around this forum and amazon/ebay etc but I don't find cases that look like the official one?

Any way if there's not i think i'll buy the flip cover even if i saw several topics showing how fragile they were.

Hey OPO it seems you have a problem with you accesories! Please solve it!
    (i'll tell you how my case is around christmas)

20. nasoni
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2014