Proud OPX owners, what do you miss the most from your old phone?

1. Nyco30
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2015

Nyco30 , Dec 9, 2015 :
    I miss pancakes. And coffee.
    Apart from that, I would gladly exchange my OPO for an X. Or indeed just wait 2016 for the OP3 which I hope will be a good device since the OP2 was kind of a flop.

(gentle slap on OnePlus: go work harder to deliver something really good! ... And don't forget NFC, quick charging, SD/SIM dual tray and a real good camera this time!)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015

yetiweston and Jorge48197 like this.
  2. Guidoce
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 9, 2015

Guidoce , Dec 9, 2015 :
    My last phone was Samsung S3, actually I don't miss anything.
    I'm so happy with OPX and looking forward for future improvements.
    I like it so much even when I pick it from my pocket and after double tap I realize that I took it upside down... It is so black!!

3. sivamantri
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2015

4. Matthius__
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2015

Matthius__ , Dec 9, 2015 :
    Miss from moto g 2nd generation?
    Absolutely nothing... It was awful.
    I couldn't do Web browsing what so ever.
    Nontheless, the front facing speakers did create a slightly more direct sound but it did distort.

5. leafmuncher
    Donut Dec 9, 2015

leafmuncher , Dec 9, 2015 :
    My previous phone was lumia 900. OPX is just flat out better in every aspect. Not the greatest accomplishments to beat an old lumia. Kinda made me realize how awful the phone actually was compared to a modern smart phone.

6. lutti
    KitKat Dec 9, 2015

lutti , Dec 9, 2015 :
    Yeah i get that some prefer the smaller screen and even the looks of the X are something someone want. For me One is realy sexy looking and X is just looking like any other brand's phone on the market. NFC on the other hand is not like you could prefer it not to be there. You don't need to use it. I certainly haven't used mine on my One but i prefer it to be there if it someday would be something i needed in my country. If you don't use it you don't have anything negative happening if it's in your phone so that part is realy not something anyone can prefer.
    It's not only the screen that's inferior on X but it also has a smaller battery. (don't even remember the full specs since after i checked them i saw few things that were worse than they are with One and i didn't see anything better. So i just thought it was not for me and stopped caring) Sure a smaller screen would drain less from the battery but as we go forward we need something like larger batteries and less power consumption and not smaller batteries with less power consumption. So that is at best again on par with One but i bet it's getting a bit less out of that battery than One is getting out of it's.

7. Harish110
    Eclair Dec 9, 2015

Harish110 , Dec 9, 2015 :
    I miss the reliability.. It would never let down on simple tasks..

Recently I show this phone to some of my friends & one of them tries to open front cam for a selfie..

:( Camera App freezes & front camera doesn't work..

8. Kennedy14
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2015

9. OnePlusVarma
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2015

OnePlusVarma , Dec 9, 2015 :
    I come from MIUI and hence miss quite a lot of simple features such as:
    Voice recorder
    Call recorder
    USSD message after call / data usage
    Built-in security app with privacy settings
    Compass
    Browser (I hate Chrome)
    etc... etc.
    Above all I miss the feeling that I never had to hunt for an app for doing anything with a mobile.

There may be apps available play store to provide these features. But somehow, I like it when they are built-in by the UI provider.

10. skankin_giant
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2015

skankin_giant , Dec 9, 2015 :
    I don't miss a thing about that HTC One (M7) well apart from not caring if it collided with the ground.....
    So far it's the best phone I've had...

11. ImreK0
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2015

12. ant_mir
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2015

ant_mir , Dec 9, 2015 :
    Nothing. It was a piece of junk.
    OPX is maravelous! Camera is great, audio is great, screen is fabulous! I have 0 complains (ok, the software really needs to be optimized).

Old piece of junk: BQ E4.5 Ubuntu Edition.

13. sa00044
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2015

sa00044 , Dec 9, 2015 :
    It's really great to hear that most people are happy with the OPΧ! I am happy with it too even though the software can be optimized a lot!

14. ridingwithyz
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2015

15. redsch
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2015

redsch , Dec 10, 2015 :
    Xperia Acro S. The wrist strap hook. Seriously. That's why my old acro lived for so long. Never dropped. I've never acutally put my wrist in it, still. I miss it.

16. darthrider
    Froyo Dec 10, 2015

darthrider , Dec 10, 2015 :
    I owned a galaxy grand duos running cm 12.1. I definitely do miss the cyanogenmod interface and customisability. Hope we get a stable cyanogenmod mod build with not many bugs

17. sa00044
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2015

sa00044 , Dec 10, 2015 :
    I hope for CM too, especially Exodus. I have started a new thread for this here. Join in if you like it too :)

18. MagicTwat
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2015

Andrew 323 likes this.
  19. Andrew 323
    Eclair Dec 10, 2015

Andrew 323 , Dec 10, 2015 :
    I'm coming from a nexus 6 the only thing I'm missing is front facing speakers and Android 6.0.1 for the new emojis

20. vauny
    Gingerbread Dec 10, 2015

vauny , Dec 10, 2015 :
    Got best of both worlds use my oneplus x when I'm out and about, use my opo in the house as a media centre streaming my favourites on kodi to my smart TV via Chromecast, opo is a is in a class of its own. My Opx isn't far behind great device with option for added storage 128gb SD card working great after latest update.