Proximity sensor issue one plus 7 pro

1. tide1109
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 5, 2019

tide1109 , Aug 5, 2019 :
    Translated for other members*: 'So you think this problem can be fixed with updates?'

Answer: I think it can be improved with updates but it can't replace the traditional proximity sensor. When you put your phone on a table and hold your hand over screen. The virtual sensor can't detect hand, but a traditional sensor measures the distance to nearby object. I think because that OnePlus removed the pocket mode.

Translation back to portuguese*: 'Penso que pode ser melhorado com actualizações, mas não pode substituir o sensor de proximidade tradicional. Quando você coloca o telefone em uma mesa e segura a tela de mão sobre a tela. O sensor virtual não consegue detectar a mão, mas um sensor tradicional mede a distância até ao objecto próximo. Acho que porque esse OnePlus removeu o modo de bolso.'

* translated with DeepL: https://www.deepl.com/

Mario Bros and Paulo Viana like this.
  2. Paulo Viana
    Eclair Aug 6, 2019

Paulo Viana , Aug 6, 2019 :
    Obrigado por responder, espero que seja resolvido, eu tenho um monte de problemas para tentar ouvir áudio Thanks for answering, I hope it gets resolved, I have a lot of trouble trying to listen to Audio on WhatsApp

3. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2019

G_android_x14 , Aug 9, 2019 :
    I just had front camera pop up while on a regular T-Mobile voice call. very annoying. I use BT most of the time and have no issues as phone is in hand.

but even with latest update it is hit or miss if phone held to head will act properly.

Mario Bros likes this.
  4. Paulo Viana
    Eclair Aug 10, 2019

Paulo Viana , Aug 10, 2019 :
    already had 2 update, problem remains, must be chronic defect in one plus 7 / pro, this is disappointing

ovidiu badina likes this.
  5. Lahirurd
    Eclair Aug 10, 2019

Lahirurd , Aug 10, 2019 :
    This happens to me once in a while with every phone I had.

Stupid question, did you try with your other ear?

6. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2019

G_android_x14 , Aug 10, 2019 :
    I have never had a single phone issue with proximity sensor ever before.

the odd thing is I can't seem to duplicate when I try. I try to watch phone out of the corner of my eye and I never see it come on.

but 30% of the few calls I make without using BT , and something activates on phone when I am not looking.

7. Paulo Viana
    Eclair Aug 10, 2019

8. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2019

I don"t think I threw money away. it is a bug that if anyone can provide steps to duplicate will likely be foxed

9. Paulo Viana
    Eclair Aug 10, 2019

Paulo Viana , Aug 10, 2019 :
    Another problem detected, when restarting the smartphone, slot 1 appears without chip inserted, I need to remove the drawer to connect again, this has happened 3 times

10. Paulo Viana
    Eclair Aug 10, 2019

11. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2019

Paulo Viana

Another problem detected, when restarting the smartphone, slot 1 appears without chip inserted, I need to remove the drawer to connect again, this has happened 3 times​

I would try another sim. mine is fine. if another sim doesn't fix it, then see about service.

but you should post in relevant thread instead of hijacking this thread about proximity sensor.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019

12. canaris1780
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2019

canaris1780 , Aug 17, 2019 :
    Having the same issue. While in call, often the screen lights up and accidental touches occur. If there is a problem regarding the Smart Virtual Sensor, it's software based. So, the logical conclusion would be that is can be fixed. Let's hope OnePlus takes this seriously and addresses it in (a near) future update. I love everything about this phone, but I find myself switching to my other phones (iPhone XS Max or Pixel 3 XL) because of this issue.

Waiting for an update OnePlus, take care of your trusted and loyal community.

Cheers.
    Andrei

13. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2019

G_android_x14 , Aug 17, 2019 :
    i wish i could reliably reproduce the issue. It never happens when i am trying to make it happen

14. T1566133788278
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2019

T1566133788278 , Aug 18, 2019 :
    I just got my TMobile one plus 7 pro and I'm having the same what's app voice message issue (proximity sensor,black screen,low volume,loss of control for remaining duration of voice)☹️. I got this phone thinking I would definitely have no problems with the simply tasks my crappy 50$ Walmart phones would have no problems handling and now this ☹️ I understand this phone can do so much more and has so much more software. I believe in you one plus please fix this for us

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019

15. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2019

G_android_x14 , Aug 18, 2019 :
    this thread is about proximity sensor. if your issue is related to whatsapp you should post there.

T1566133788278 likes this.
  16. tide1109
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2019

tide1109 , Aug 18, 2019 :
    It is related to the 'proximity' sensor. When you listen to a voice message, you can put your on the ear to listen it with the earpiece.

T1566133788278 likes this.
  17. DK23kumar
    Donut Aug 18, 2019

DK23kumar , Aug 18, 2019 :
    i too had that issue .it accidentally touch on the the screen. sometimes it put on the torch and sometimes turn on the flight mode. this is so annoying. please #oneplus team we know u worked hard on the issues but please save us from this kindda tragedies because this happens frequently.

18. abhijain298
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

abhijain298 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    This just shows how one issue can ruin the entire experience of a new phone. I have been facing this since a month now and it is the most frustrating thing I've ever faced on any phone. I've almost contemplated selling the phone and getting a phone which doesn't have these proximity sensor/ call touch issues. If OnePlus is not able to solve this issue, I'm sorry but it's a fraudulent activity on the part of the company, however small it is. OnePlus 7 pro should make it very clear when they're advertising that the phone does not have pocket mode (which I think is a very important feature) and that it does not use a traditional proximity sensor, but rather an AI based one. I'm extremely disappointed that neither the service centers, nor any future updates have any visibility on how to solve this issue.

Sincerely,
    Abhi

ovidiu badina likes this.
  19. naishadh
    Donut Sep 12, 2019

naishadh , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I am from India I purchased OnePlus 7 pro last Sunday and it's really good phone
    but big issue is proxi6 sensor while I am in call app
    phone behaving like naughty boy .it's turn on airplane mode, date off, speaker on.
    stupid phone there is no solution on net.

ovidiu badina and T1566133788278 like this.
  20. naishadh
    Donut Sep 12, 2019

naishadh , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I think I find solution I switch screen refresh rate to 60 GHz and now I not have issue like this I make 4 or five calls but it's going good.hope it's work next day.

Yking2089 likes this.