proximity sensors not working. via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx

1. Rajesh_2709 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Using this OnePlus Nord mobile for a month now and facing issue in sensor, the device screen doesn't go off while speaking over phone, it leads to unnecessary button gestures while we are not noticing.. sometimes call will become mute, sometimes it places on hold.

2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 18, 2020

Bobbie63 , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Have you tried without the case, did you apply an after market screen protector?

If you turn off the screen, cover the earpiece and then turn on the screen, does it say pocket mode?

3. Rajesh_2709 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I have tried it without case. Yes I do have a screen protector..
    I tried turning off my screen and covering my earpiece and turn on back again it doesn't say anything...

4. wrongnumber
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

5. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 18, 2020

Do you have pocket mode enabled?

And so you have an after market screen protector? This could interfere with the sensor

Bobbie63 likes this.
  7. Rajesh_2709 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Yes pocket mode is enabled.
    So if screen protector is causing this issue how will I be able to protect my screen without it, any suggestions on what kind of screen protector must be used or where will I able to get a good one

Bobbie63 likes this.
  8. wrongnumber
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

wrongnumber , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 18, 2020 :
    I would request to to test the proximity sensor after removing the screen protector. Many users have faced this issue where the screen protector was causing the malfunction in the sensor.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  9. wrongnumber
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

Go for any good brand of screen protector. Make sure it's applied properly on the screen. Any gap or air bubbles with again cause the issue with the sensor

Rajesh_2709 and Bobbie63 like this.
  10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 18, 2020

I guess your using a tempered glass protector, which has a certain thicknesses. If it’s placed too high it would/could interfere with the sensor in the earpiece. I still use the original protector, always have, even with my OP3 which lasted 4years and still looks good. I can’t advise any proper screen protector tbh as I never used a third party protector, sorry.

maybe someone else can help you but first you could try if all is ok without the screen protector, just to be sure.

Rajesh_2709 and yash0306 like this.
  11. Rajesh_2709 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Will try removing the protector from screen..will test it for sure..
    Are you using the thick full tempered or an default screen protector

Bobbie63 likes this.
  12. Rajesh_2709 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Sep 18, 2020 :
    Yeah I'm using a full tempered glass which is somewhat thick compared to the default screen protector... will check removing this one and try. Thanks for your suggestions.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  13. wrongnumber
    Honeycomb Sep 18, 2020

Still using the default tempered glass.

Rajesh_2709 likes this.