PUBG touch latency (Movement Issue)

1. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Jun 3, 2020

2. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

AnonymousAnas , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Check out OnePlus website...they always advertise their phones for some out of the world gaming experience.
    There is always a large section in their mobile description focusing mainly on gaming performance.
    1591193595820.jpg

1591193595855.jpg

3. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Jun 3, 2020

SurajLoharia , Jun 3, 2020 :
    thats why i said research, every oem does the same , wont be putting up link to each oem and device

Gdsingh94 likes this.
  4. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

I did research...and decided to buy a Oneplus device because of positive word of mouth. Apple was the best option but I was using an Apple device at that time and was totally fed up by their limitations.
    Decided to take a look at the android side and Oneplus seemed the second best option at that time because of their claims.

5. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Jun 3, 2020

yes this is what im talkin' bout

but OP is blaming after buying the phone , thats not a valid point

further iam on OP5 but still any other game runs smooth, exception is PuBG , its not optimized, even for ios

6. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

Trust me, even my iPhone 6 was better optimised for Pubg than this 50k brick.
    And with all due respect Sir, It is the criticism that eventually leads to improvement albeit it has to come at the right places at the right time.
    For example take Apple...they used to bundle a 5W charger with their flagships till 2018 until it recieved a huge criticism from consumers and reviewers and now they are finally bundling a fast charger with their top end devices.

7. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Jun 3, 2020

so what would you suggest OP to do ??

to optimize software ??

i am still happy with OP 5 bro .. and we should stop now , it is goin nowhere, if you relly wanna help submit the feedback with proper logs and details.

8. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

I am not facing this issue to a point where it start getting frustrating. I am quite okay with the overall performance maybe because It was quite an upgrade for someone coming from a 2014 iPhone 6.
    I just saw this guy's thread and decided to take a look and felt like people are defending the 'brand' for no reason and hence gave my frank opinion.
    For me personally, the biggest disappointment is in the camera department but that is a different debate altogether.
    I posted a thread recently regarding the camera quality...lets see what happens.

9. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Jun 3, 2020

lets hope for good, but in actual threads dont help, here are only we (users)

devs rely on feedback , which each individual should take care of

10. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

I know the threads are not that significant but atleast I will get a chance to have a debate with some Oneplus fanboys.
    Not referring to you though!
    Your counterpoints were quite unbiased I would say.

11. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Jun 3, 2020

I believe that satisfaction is the key. if you are satisfied, you are happy with the company. but each have their own needs.

its not a secret, the same threads of slowness, battery drain, touch issues are being made on all platforms, and right now can be found on Asus ROG, Apple, Black shark, Nubia or Razerphone as well, even though they are gaming phones.

Satisfaction ..

AnonymousAnas likes this.
  12. akshay10dj
    Honeycomb Jun 3, 2020

akshay10dj , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Blue , Jun 3, 2020 :
    exactly Snapdragon 855+ benchmarks show they are all the same ,and Snapdragon as a company doesn't have a powerful GPU to produce 120fps for a 120hz screen smartphone they are all the same ,even the 865 !!I'm so happy with my op7 lol,underrated af ! And by thiers already a 144hz Nubia phone ,and by fall or next year OnePlus flagship will have thier phone on 144hz and GPU producing a mere disappointing less than 100 fps , reality is disappointing ,always think with your money,before you invest [e]1f4b0[/e] [e]1f4b0[/e]

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 3, 2020 :
    These all are called as marketing gimmicks. Every single OEM does it. It oversells the feature which the public perceives as most needed.
    If any user is actually looking into gaming specific smartphones and is into mobile gaming, they should do the due diligence and research before putting up money. Not just by word of mouth.

Just an example. If I am going to spend hours put together on PUBG, I would actually buy an LCD screen. PUBG has loads of static images and amoled will just get screen burnt.

Buying a phone just because it is said on the website that it is gaming oriented, is to put it simple, pain ignorant. This holds true for the paid youtube reviews as well.

14. donPepitoGrillo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 3, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Again, it's not about an iPhone being better optimized, it's THE GAME (or app) being optimized for that devices. The phone is only intended to run software. And game developers are not going to optimize their games for all the phones in the market because it takes a lot of money and resources.

And again, an smartphone (of any brand) is not intended to be used as a video game console. It can run games, but it's not its main purpose. It's like buying a PlayStation in order to be used as a home cinema and complaining because of its limitations even though it can play media or you can watch youtube on it. All that is marketing, the same as water resistant, quality of cameras, etc. MARKETING.

We are not defending OnePlus (you can search for my comments, I have being very critic with OnePlus and specially Android 10 when they launched the upgrade), but people have to see the reality.

Honestly, I think all of you who are complaining about video games on a smartphone, I think you are less than 18 years old. Playing competitive video games?? On a smartphone?? Really?? Or is it just that you like the game itself and you are playing all the time?? Any proffesional player would buy a powerful PC instead of a smarphone.

15. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

If every feature in a smartphone is a 'gimmick' then why do we buy these so called 'smartphones'?
    What are they actually meant for?
    Should we buy seperate products for everything?
    Like a DSLR for photography, a gaming console for gaming, a television for cinema purpose?
    and use these highly priced smartphones just for calling purpose like old days?
    And If everything is a gimmick why there is a range in smartphones?..from budget to flagships?

Artemus. likes this.
  16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Honestly, I am amazed how you changed the subject of my post.
    The phone is indeed a powerful device. But is it gaming specific device? Is OnePlus calling it a gaming phone? No. It is still claiming it is a smartphone with a decent gaming capability.
    All I said was, if gaming is of utmost importance, then buy a gaming specific phone.
    Read my post again clearly. Understand the wording properly.

Artemus. likes this.
  17. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

I don't know about your country dude, but here in India, recently the premium smartphone market witnessed a significant growth just because people aren't able to play graphic demanding games such as PUBG in their budget phones.
    And If you bought your so called 'flagship smartphone' to replace a pager or landline telephone I feel pity.
    A mobile cannot be called a 'smartphone' unless it serves various purposes and a flagship unless it excels in each of them.

18. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Please tell me one smartphone which excels in every facet of mobile usage.

19. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath

Honestly, I am amazed how you changed the subject of my post.
    The phone is indeed a powerful device. But is it gaming specific device? No? Is OnePlus calling it a gaming phone? No it is still claiming it is a smartphone with a decent gaming capability.
    All I said was, if gaming is of utmost importance, then buy a gaming specific phone.
    Read my post again clearly. Understand the wording properly.​

So what do you call an iPhone? A gaming specific device?..yet it literally outperform every gaming centric phone in the market right now!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020

20. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 3, 2020 :
    Even iPhone has the so called touch latency issues, the exact thing this thread was created for.