PUBG touch latency (Movement Issue)

1. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

AnonymousAnas , Jun 3, 2020 :
    In my opinion, apart from the iOS limitations, iPhones excels in every other category. All those people who are switching from Apple to an android phone is simply because of their OS limitations.

2. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath

Even iPhone has the so called touch latency issues, the exact thing this thread was created for.​

Get your facts right buddy, the last time I checked iPhones had the lowest touch latency.
    It is not just their chipset that enhance the overall gaming experience, their outstanding touch response play a significant role too.

3. Artemus.
    Nougat Jun 3, 2020

Artemus. , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I mean... they did acquire the company who essentially invented multi-touch anyway. :rolleyes:

B_Wrath and AnonymousAnas like this.
  4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 3, 2020 :
    OS is a major part of the phone.
    You claimed that flagship is a phone which excels in everything. So, is iPhone not a flagship by your standards?
    The iPhones are marred with both software and hardware problems.

This just points to the fact that no flagship can be best at everything.

A flagship is a device which is the best offering a company. Simple as that.

Again. It was specific to the PUBG touch latency issue this thread is talking about. Come on man. Understand the context of the thread or at least the context of the post.

5. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

Oh C'mon, you must admit this harsh truth that their OS might seem limited to some but even their two years old hardware can easily outperform any android flagship of 2020.

6. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jun 3, 2020

B_Wrath , Jun 3, 2020 :
    So a smartphone is just a hardware? What is so "smart" in it? Anyone can put up top notch hardware and club it with crappy software.
    A hardware is as much potent as much the software utilizes it's potential.

My 2 year old OP6 still works way better than most of the new phones out there. I am very happy with it. It's hardware is good for another two years.
    So how is it any different than an iPhone if hardware is the only thing to consider?

7. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

Moreover, If I have $900 to spend on a smartphone I would rather buy an iPhone 11 Pro over Oneplus 8 Pro anyday and beat them in almost every area...and you know the funniest part? they call their products "value for money".. like seriously?
    I admire Oneplus effort to be right there with the greatest flagships. but funfact, that word "greatest" refers to the iPhones.

8. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

So according to you, what the term 'software' really refers to?...giving some customization liberty?
    Even if we take this debate to "Android v iOS"..we all know how well optimised iOS really is and let alone the ecosystem.
    Moreover, we know that even the Pixels will not get major updates for more than 2 or 3 years whereas an iPhone recieves it for 5 years.

9. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

AnonymousAnas

So according to you, what the term 'software' really refers to?...giving some customization liberty?
    Even if we take this debate to "Android v iOS"..we all know how well optimised iOS really is and let alone the ecosystem.
    Moreover, we know that even the Pixels will not get major updates for more than 2 or 3 years whereas an iPhone recieves it for 5 years.​

And please, I said it once and I will say it again, if you feel there is even a little room for improvement in any department..don't hesitate to criticise as that criticism will only lead to a better and more refined product/experience.
    And it is good for both, the company and the consumers.
    Otherwise, the company will lose its reputation and market like Motorola did...they literally released a smartphone in every 2-3 month with almost zero upgrade over the previous one.
    Even I want Oneplus to be there with the very best..but this fanboism in their community members are proving to be the biggest obstacles. Oneplus created this Community app so that people like us can give their feedback and the company could improve in those areas where they are lacking.
    For instance, this guy criticised Oneplus for their latency issue...later if this thing get addressed and they improve it over some update, that will only enhance our overall experience.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020

10. F_Arunaksha_Chakraborty_ , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    We deviated from the topic
    Here are few points I want to share.

1. Sale of Flagship phones especially OP spiked up a lot due to PUBG just because it's providing a good processor, and people like us went for it but the issue and the reason I created this thread is just for a "BUG" which both One Plus and Tencent is ignoring. My device was fine 2-3 weeks ago but why suddenly it's behaving like that ?

2. There's no point of comparing PC configuration and a mobile, absolutely meaningless.

3. As I mentioned earlier, my device is devoid of all the trivial problems like FPS drop, lags etc etc. Just an issue with the movement which makes me next to impossible to play the game & I was extremely hopeful that by posting in this community I will be out of the zone but here you all guys are trying to outsmart each other. Not helping anybody and creating a mess.

If one Plus is not gonna help, then the solution is pretty simple sell off the phone and boycott One Plus, since priorities of each person differs, my priority is that the game should be stable and yours might be capturing selfies and boasting up your social media profile. Priorities differ so does people's choice.

AnonymousAnas likes this.
  11. AnonymousAnas
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

F_Arunaksha_Chakraborty_

We deviated from the topic
    Here are few points I want to share.

1. Sale of Flagship phones especially OP spiked up a lot due to PUBG just because it's providing a good processor, and people like us went for it but the issue and the reason I created this thread is just for a "BUG" which both One Plus and Tencent is ignoring. My device was fine 2-3 weeks ago but why suddenly it's behaving like that ?

2. There's no point of comparing PC configuration and a mobile, absolutely meaningless.

3. As I mentioned earlier, my device is devoid of all the trivial problems like FPS drop, lags etc etc. Just an issue with the movement which makes me next to impossible to play the game & I was extremely hopeful that by posting in this community I will be out of the zone but here you all guys are trying to outsmart each other. Not helping anybody and creating a mess.

If one Plus is not gonna help, then the solution is pretty simple sell off the phone and boycott One Plus, since priorities of each person differs, my priority is that the game should be stable and yours might be capturing selfies and boasting up your social media profile. Priorities differ so does people's choice.​

What I find really bizzare in the comment section of your thread is...most of the people are trying to defend Oneplus instead of urging them to look over the issue.

12. F_Arunaksha_Chakraborty_ , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    I got that from the very first comment of my post. But it's been 2 days but no solution yet, people trying to outsmart each other. I mean this is hilarious but I really don't hope they don't get trapped with Bugs and adding to their misery people in the community will defend one Plus & blame them for buying or even posting the issue [e]1f602[/e]

AnonymousAnas likes this.
  13. F_Arunaksha_Chakraborty_ , via OnePlus 7 , Jun 3, 2020 :
    People are selling off the phone, the issue is permanent.
    I contacted a renowned player who used to play in OP but few months back he shifted to iOs just because of the same issue I am facing.

Congratulations One Plus, I can definitely say your market in gaming community is gonna fall

14. Amitbhatt0
    Eclair Jun 3, 2020

15. donPepitoGrillo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

donPepitoGrillo , Jun 4, 2020 :
    I don't know about your country, but here in Spain and every country around the world, if you want to play a video game in a competitive way, you don't buy an smartphone, you buy a PC. Can you play in a smartphone? of course. It's the most indicated device to play in? of course NOT.

Sorry guy, but it's the same as trying to be a photographer and use an smartphone for that tasks. Smartphones could take very good photos, but no professionals would use them for their tasks. And yes, a lot of brands try to make you think that they have professional quality and they can replace a professional camera. They tell you it in commercials, using that phrase "shot on xxx", etc. ALL that is marketing and advertising. All companies work ONLY for money, not for "thinking in users". They will try to cheat you in most cases. It they don't, it's because that strategy is going to give them more money.

How an smartphone is going to excel in every category if they have limitations? That's not make sense. And again, you have been manipulated by marketing because you think that everybody would choose an iPhone over an Android if there wasn't any limitation. In my case, I would never choose an iPhone.

Again, I haven't seen anyone defending OnePlus on this thread nor fanboism. If you want to give them feedback, use such a tool, not a thread because this is only a discussion forum for us, consumers, not an official support tool.

I'm tired of reading people saying: "that fails", "it's a bug", "it's broken", "not fixed yet", and followed by a "fix it as soon as possible". Most of those problems are APPs problems, not OnePlus ones. "WhatsApp draining my battery as hell, fix it" (maybe it's a matter of WhatsApp???).

I'll tell you one thing, and I know it because it's common sense and I'm a software developer: companies (at least on mobile market) will try to release their software as soon as possible, even though it has bugs yet. They only want to be the first, or attract clients, or start they business with pre-release. Maybe 30% of their clients have problems with their software, but they will focus on that 70% because that's what make them to earn money. Developing software it's a job and it takes time and money. If your software it's released 2 times sooner, it's a lot of money you will save. That money is better than trying to reach and satisfy all 100% of your clients. And another thing: big companies will spend a lot of money in marketing, and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT, because they know that's the way to" trick" clients and encourage people to buy their products. A lot of companies will spend more money on advertisement than manufactoring their products.

Do you want an smartphone to play video games? It's OK. It's an smartphone intended to be a video game console? of course not. Every competition around the world for e-sports, competitive game, etc. it's because companies are behind those events, it's marketing.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

16. Ani9999
    Cupcake Jun 4, 2020

17. donPepitoGrillo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

SurajLoharia likes this.
  18. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Jun 4, 2020

SurajLoharia , Jun 4, 2020 :
    ask him/her to watch the video link in one if my comment.

Who is that person in the video facing the same issue on iOS

ITS CLEAR HERE ITS IOS vs ANDROID all this thread is bout.

from now on I'll ignore this thread as jt doesn't exist.

19. A1591544775491
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2020

A1591544775491 , Jun 7, 2020 :
    same issue with my oneplus 7t pro mclaren bro. oneplus must take this matter seriously. otherwise they will lose the gaming market. i am thinking to replace my 7tpro with iphone 11.

20. F_Arunaksha_Chakraborty_
    Froyo Jun 11, 2020

donPepitoGrillo likes this.