Push Notification Issues

1. Graham Robertson
    Jun 21, 2016

Graham Robertson , Jun 21, 2016 :
    The more exposure this issue gets, and the "quick fix" for it,
    the greater the chances are OnePlus will do something about it.

Nine2Five and OneplusMike64 like this.
  2. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2016

JasonMR , Jun 21, 2016 :
    OK so now that I am back at work I can confirm that this is a massive problem. I didn't notice it over the last few days as I was at home and had the phone in my hands more often than not.

So I enabled Doze notifications in Greenify which allowed me to see whenever the phone went into Doze mode by simply waving my hand over the screen for the proximity sensor to pick up and show any notifications.

What I noticed is that the phone goes into Doze far quicker than I expected - it seems to be within about 20 mins or less.

Now if this period was an hour or even 90 minutes it wouldn't be so bad, but to constantly have to wake the phone every 15 minutes to ensure that I don't miss any emails is simply not acceptable.

At the very least there should be an option to either set the delay before Doze activates, and preferably a user configurable setting to ensure that Doze does not activate at all between specified hours if required.

Seriously considering now if this is the phone for me or whether to just return it and get something else.

3. WizeGuyDezignz
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

WizeGuyDezignz , Jun 21, 2016 :
    I already requested a RMA last night mostly because of this issue, but also the mediocre camera and screen. Like you, I notice it most at work when the phone is sitting on my desk. But that doesn't work for me since I get work email on my phone. I can't afford to get delayed notifications. And I don't have time to wait for OP to fix it.

4. inffy
    KitKat Jun 21, 2016

inffy , Jun 21, 2016 :
    As far as I know and have heard. Google really doesn't allow manufacturers to fiddle with Doze if they want the device to pass the certification

Deactivated User likes this.
  5. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2016

JasonMR , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Can you get a Dev to confirm this please as the phone is completely useless in it's current state.

I cannot believe that every single Android phone running MM will need to be manually woken every 20 minutes to ensure push notifications keep coming.

If that is the case then Android won't be for me much longer I'm afraid.

6. stuart_Foy
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

stuart_Foy , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Having looked a bit - the latest Nexus phones had this issue for a start. So it doesn't look like it's unique to the OP3.

7. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2016

JasonMR , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Maybe but I can't believe it is a problem for every single Android phone running MM

8. Aphex
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

Aphex , Jun 21, 2016 :
    If oneplus don't offer a solution for this problem, I'll probably look at rooting it as I really like the phone and don't want to return it.

9. stuart_Foy
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

stuart_Foy , Jun 21, 2016 :
    It's not - as I've got my Moto G 2015 running Marshmallow getting the notifications when my OP3 doesn't! And the Moto isn't even getting used, it's just lying there!

10. OneplusMike64
    Eclair Jun 21, 2016

OneplusMike64 , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Indeed it's not a MM problem as my OPPO find 7 lies here next to the oneplus , runs 6.0.1 omnirom and gets all notifications

11. Guido4711
    Donut Jun 21, 2016

Guido4711 , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Same issue here. And its only a opo 3 Problem. My Nexus 5x and the Moto X laying here all push Notification came proper.
    Only silence with my opo 3. Thats really bad!

12. G_Carl_Clements_FMmo
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2016

G_Carl_Clements_FMmo , Jun 21, 2016 :
    I purchased the OP3 as an alternative to my Huawei Mate 8. The Mate is running MM and has no notification issues. Undecided now whether to stick with my 8 or hold on for a fix.

13. JasonMR
    Lollipop Jun 21, 2016

JasonMR , Jun 21, 2016 :
    That's a good point, my old Moto G 3rd Gen is on MM and never had this issue.

14. squirel
    Eclair Jun 21, 2016

squirel , Jun 21, 2016 :
    I am having the same issue with my phone all my notification texts, emails etc.. Do not come in unless I wake up my phone if there is a fix please reply or do I have to wait for an update from oneplus oh yeah this is on WiFi and mobile net

Nine2Five likes this.
  15. lampisd
    Eclair Jun 21, 2016

lampisd , Jun 21, 2016 :
    this real a big problem for this phone hope for an update soon!Its possible to send a message to oneplus to fix this problem?

16. G_Akshay_Verma_RLki
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2016

G_Akshay_Verma_RLki , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Same problem here, has anybody heard from one plus yet, I've contacted them but no response yet, I've had to revert back to my old phone as without notifications it's useless!

Nine2Five likes this.
  17. Adipekar
    Gingerbread Jun 21, 2016

ieno likes this.
  18. ieno
    Eclair Jun 21, 2016

ieno , Jun 21, 2016 :
    They've responded to @Adipekar on twitter, as well as to me (in response to a tweet by @Bibin138). I've also gotten a first response to a ticket I opened about this yesterday, which asks some general questions ('was the phone dropped'...) before they can (hopefully) forward the ticket to the right department (dev).

Adipekar likes this.
  19. Nine2Five
    Honeycomb Jun 21, 2016

Nine2Five , Jun 21, 2016 :
    I need my notifications for work, Looks like I have to go back to the trusty 6P. They need to fix this ASAP.

20. G_Akshay_Verma_RLki
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2016

G_Akshay_Verma_RLki , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Just got this message from one plus

'Regarding that we don't have tentative date when it will be resolved but rest assured that our ROM team is still working on that issue and once we have an update we will blast it on our forums and social media pages.'

ieno likes this.