Push Notification Issues

1. F_Anthony_Retter_wUqU Cupcake Jan 2, 2017

2. Chiizis Froyo Jan 8, 2017

3. klaboor Cupcake Jan 8, 2017

klaboor, Jan 8, 2017 :
    Anyone able to download stuff from manototh post? Seems the links are dead. I would appreciate some reupload is someone have the sources? Thank you.

4. JasonMR Lollipop Jan 8, 2017

5. srijithju Cupcake Jan 26, 2017

srijithju, Jan 26, 2017 :
    Is this issue supposed to be resolved in OxygenOS 4.0.2? I have this version and dont get duo/whatsapp calls when the phone is on the table beside me. Disabling doze would kill battery life right?

6. ryanrfrederick Cupcake Jan 27, 2017

ryanrfrederick, Jan 27, 2017 :
    I'm seeing push notification issues with a few apps after a reboot. For instance, Duo Mobile (the two-factor authentication app) doesn't receive push notifications until after it's launched for the first time after a reboot, and Twitter doesn't play any notification sounds after a reboot until push notifications are disabled and re-enabled within the app.

This is on 4.0.2

7. Badmonkey63 Honeycomb Feb 2, 2017

Badmonkey63, Feb 2, 2017 :
    Same problem here with OPX. Very annoying. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work. I NEED notifications as I have to be on 24 hour call out for work.

Time to try Lineage OS I think.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

8. Fuzzi 23 Donut Feb 2, 2017

9. Malothjail Donut Feb 3, 2017

Malothjail, Feb 3, 2017 :
    After update 7.0 android version my op3 mobile I facing lot of mainly my both Sim cord are not working in op3. It working other mobile. Please help me how can I resolve my problem

10. skoey Gingerbread Feb 3, 2017

skoey, Feb 3, 2017 :
    Hello, just some feedback to help you in the future.

Firstly, you've posted in a thread about "Push notification issues". However your post makes no reference to having push notification issues. So based on that it seems you've posted in the wrong thread.

Secondly, you've mentioned that you are having alot of issues including a problem with your sim card not working. However you've not shared any other details. Some useful information about what you've tried to fix the issue, what error you are seeing, whether or not you've contacted OnePlus support.

There is a tech support area in this forum where you may post asking for help. If you do post there please ensure you provide as much detail as possible, and before posting search the forums for other users / threads that might talk about similar issues.

11. skoey Gingerbread Feb 3, 2017

skoey, Feb 3, 2017 :
    Back to the original thread. I was having Push notification issues PRIOR to upgrade to 4.0.2. However since going onto 4.0.2 I have yet to see any push notification issues on the main apps I use day to day. Will test out some of the less common ones that I use as well and report back.

12. Badmonkey63 Honeycomb Feb 3, 2017

Badmonkey63, Feb 3, 2017 :
    I have logged a ticket with support. I'm not holding my breath for a solution, but I'll post anything useful here.

13. Golden_Whale Froyo Feb 4, 2017

Golden_Whale, Feb 4, 2017 :
    Is this still an issue, because I am getting it on the newest version of the OS?
    Cannot use FB and Google apps notifications, when the phone goes to sleep?

14. seahawk789 Donut Feb 7, 2017

seahawk789, Feb 7, 2017 :
    Yup its still an issue. I bought my one plus 3T last week and updated with Android 7.0.2, I observed that I am missing some notifications when phone goes to sleep. Googled and found out there is a long history about this. I never faced any such issues with my Nexus 5. I have raised a ticket to OnePlus notifying them about this.

Anyways, for now as a workaround, i have disabled the Doze option under developer options and it seem to be ok now. But you have to compromise on battery back up.

15. Golden_Whale Froyo Feb 7, 2017

Golden_Whale, Feb 7, 2017 :
    I still got a delay on some Gmail notifications, having that disabled too. I even 'locked' Gmail in the RAM, but still some mails do not trigger a notification and it is completely random.

16. vaib bhasal Donut Feb 7, 2017

17. rolapinou Eclair Feb 8, 2017

rolapinou, Feb 8, 2017 :
    I have exactly the same issue ... mostly with gmail and possibly with other apps but surely and deeply with gmail.

Sometimes I receive push notifications on my OnePlus3T (running OOS 4.0.2 and unrooted) flawlessly, sometimes it takes a delay from one minutes to several, sometimes I need to wake up my phone (with the Jedi move of waving my hand over the proximity sensor) and sometimes I need to open the gmail app and force the update with a slide.

I think I also notice a random delay for the notification even if the screen is on and the phone in use, which seems to exculpate the doze mode but I'm not 100% sure and it is much more rare.

This is really annoying to me as I didn't have this issue with my old Nexus 5 and which I don't have to on my work iPhone.

I tried to contact Google on this but tey weren't helpful on that matter.

I'll activate the developer option to disable the Doze option and see if this is better. Reading your posts guys, it seems to be not obvious

18. G_Andy_Feng_vTRP Cupcake Feb 8, 2017

19. rolapinou Eclair Feb 9, 2017

Linn Vilman likes this.
  20. rolapinou Eclair Feb 21, 2017

rolapinou, Feb 21, 2017 :
    Hi
    Disabling the doze mode seems to do the trick with gmail, but I still have missed notifications with Twitter and Le Monde.
    I'm running OOS 4.0.3