Other

Push Notifications

1. Hwyeb_Nick.C Cupcake Oct 26, 2018

Hwyeb_Nick.C, Oct 26, 2018 :
    When is the Push Notifications issue going to be sorted, ever since I've had my 6 phone there has been an issue. haven't had any Push notifications now for 2 months. Please don't tell me it's the Battery Notification setting that needs changing, done all of that and worn the T-shirt.

ONE PLUS DO SOMETHING, OTHERWISE I'M CHANGING PHONES.

Sergelala and matveimug like this.
  2. Deactivated User Oct 26, 2018

3. the_o2 Lollipop Oct 26, 2018

the_o2, Oct 26, 2018 :
    YES PLEASE DO THAT :rolleyes::rolleyes:

xnutzii and deangilvin like this.
  4. Hwyeb_Nick.C Cupcake Oct 26, 2018

Hwyeb_Nick.C, Oct 26, 2018 :
    Done that already

5. Hwyeb_Nick.C Cupcake Oct 26, 2018

6. Hwyeb_Nick.C Cupcake Oct 26, 2018

7. deasom Honeycomb Oct 26, 2018

deasom, Oct 26, 2018 :
    I don't have any issues either. All my notifications show up. Just showing that it isn't a device wide issue.

ngydat and deangilvin like this.
  8. Mr. Vandelay Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2018

deangilvin likes this.
  9. deangilvin Jelly Bean Oct 27, 2018

deangilvin, Oct 27, 2018 :
    Did you go around battery optimizing everything under the sun? Are the apps you want notifications for battery optimized?

Did you even bother to go into settings-apps - app you want a notification for- click on notifications and see if it is even turned on?

Judging by your posting, you did none of that and most likely went around turning everything on and are now confused because you don't know what half of what you did actually does.

10. Hwyeb_Nick.C Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

Hwyeb_Nick.C, Oct 29, 2018 :

11. Hwyeb_Nick.C Cupcake Oct 29, 2018

Hwyeb_Nick.C, Oct 29, 2018 :
    I have more sense than that I know my way around most phones. There only 2 app's I need notifications for. My New's feed and Twiter account and email which I don't require push notifications and were set for push also stopped working so turn them off. I optimised the apps I only wanted Push to work on and nothing. I then factory reset my phone and NOTHING

12. deangilvin Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2018

deangilvin, Oct 30, 2018 :
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you posted at all. You seem to contradict yourself in your own sentences above.

If you battery optimized an app, it will affect notifications. There are more than just 1 setting that can affect notifications as been stated earlier.

13. G_Domenico_Elia_UmJH Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

G_Domenico_Elia_UmJH, Jan 11, 2019 :
    need help push notifications.. if I do not turn on the phone I get 0 notification.. plus let's see i am on an app and someone send me a txt it will only show on top if I not paying attention I would never see that someone sent me a message
    ... miss my S9..

14. Raresch Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 11, 2019

Raresch, Jan 11, 2019 :
    you could search very easily for this ... it's already answered many times ...

1. turn off battery optimization for your app
    2. go to notification and see if it has the option to; Make sound and pop up.
    3. go to advanced permission and check if the app has the ability to draw over other apps.

then should work

15. G_Domenico_Elia_UmJH Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

16. Roger.T Jelly Bean Jan 11, 2019

Roger.T, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Have you already bought an iPhone?
    Your OP6 is so bad and has no push notifications....[e]1f602[/e]

17. G_Domenico_Elia_UmJH Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

18. Raresch Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 11, 2019

Raresch, Jan 11, 2019 :
    then, make a request (not DEMANDS) on the feedback section that you can find on the website in the community section. here is only for users.

second, you might wanna search the forum first. there might be answers that already have better answers because it is a very requested questions. search the original android pie update thread. you will find in the first comments an FAQ regarding most questions from Pie. use the search option on the forums first.

p.s. use the replay options if you want someone to receive a notification that you have responded.

19. matveimug Cupcake Jan 30, 2019

matveimug, Jan 30, 2019 :
    Yeah I can understand completely, because it's happening to me as well, completely maddening.
    Other people don't have to be so mean about it if their phones are working well for some reason.

I also tried everything except rooting or flashing some other rom on it. Tried to turn off any battery optimization, per app, advanced > standby, even disabled deviceidle via adb. Today I did a factory reset, still same thing. Tested it with an app called Push Notification Tester, the notifications are just stuck.

And the weirdest part is, at one point all the notifications arrive at once, like 9-10 in the evening. Data, wifi, same thing.

I mean, what the hell is going on? Is this under warranty or something? Otherwise it's a great phone, and android pie is really awesome, but this is, if not a phone breaking, then a really-really annoying bug.

20. Sergelala Donut Feb 12, 2019

Sergelala, Feb 12, 2019 :
    I had this problem myself. The only way I could get my push notifications back was to disable Doze. The problem was that as soon as I left my phone untouched for more than 5 minutes I would get my notifications delayed by sometimes 15-30 minutes, unless the phone was plugged in. So that gave me a clue that the phone was entering deep sleep.

So I used ADB command from my computer to turn off Doze mode. Do a google search about ADB command to disable Doze mode and you will get your pushed notifications back. But you will have to repeat the process every time you reboot the phone.

Now, I know some people will say it will kill battery if you do it but I found I only lose about 0.8% battery per hour or about 6-7% battery per night. So, I really don't understand why Google or Oneplus feel it is so good to have. They should give us the option to disable it.