OP2 [Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 2 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. Spannaa
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

Spannaa , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Does everything stock mean you haven't unlocked your bootloader?

2. mayankkumar
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2017

mayankkumar , Jan 19, 2017 :
    Means ? I once unlocked bootloader like a year ago when i flashed rr rom but reverted back to stock and since then, i haven't rooted or done anything . Only been using stock ROM and settings.

3. Spannaa
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

Spannaa , Jan 19, 2017 :
    I've got adaptors that work, but the links to what they are and where they came from are posted in the forums somewhere (in a OP2 OTG thread) and I'm not about to search for them for you!

The xiaomi type c adapters are supposed to work on the OP2 as do the official OP adaptors.

Sun90 likes this.
  4. Spannaa
    KitKat Jan 19, 2017

Spannaa , Jan 19, 2017 :
    So you don't have TWRP either?

I'm out...

5. mayankkumar
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2017

mayankkumar , Jan 19, 2017 :
    haha bro. Why out man ? You're the only one with advices rn. :/
    You know, few minutes back, i restarted my device a few times ( in some 2-3 min intervals) and then i notice i was getting network on both sims (WOW) with wifi on and then i turned off wifi and still, network on both sims then i turned on mobile data, again, network on both sims but as i turned off data and choose other sim as data and bam, same old problem is back.

6. ifkdui93
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2017

ifkdui93 , Jan 20, 2017 :
    Thank you :)

7. Rafaelenes
    Eclair Jan 23, 2017

Rafaelenes , Jan 23, 2017 :
    It's normal in the battery stats the android system be the first followed by the screen?

8. kaihp
    Jelly Bean Jan 24, 2017

kaihp , Jan 24, 2017 :
    Normal since ... Android Lollipop (ie forever). Seems to be a pretty universal problem.

9. Toontelen
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2017

10. ruggles
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2017

ruggles , Jan 29, 2017 :
    hi all
    i have just gotten a used OP2 on 3.5.7 ROM.
    the previous owner had installed TWRP then relocked the bootloader
    i have tried the fastboot oem unlock but it loads TWRP instead & when i boot back to system & did fastboot oem device-info i am getting
    (bootloader) Device tampered: false
    (bootloader) Device unlocked: false
    (bootloader) Device is_verified: false
    (bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
    (bootloader) Display panel:
    (bootloader) console_locked: 1
    (bootloader) exec_console_unconsole: 0
    OKAY [ 0.077s]
    finished. total time: 0.077s
    which i believe is still locked.
    i have read thru your "How to unbrick my OP2:" solutions 1 to 3 but i am not sure which would apply best to me. please advise
    thanks

11. fakhir
    Donut Jan 29, 2017

fakhir , Jan 29, 2017 :
    The network strength of both Sim slots have becomeweak since 3.5.6 update. I am facing frequent call drops and loss of data connection. Please help.

12. uregster
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2017

13. lineoxkun
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2017

14. realfruitloop
    Donut Jan 30, 2017

15. ArtuCer
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

ArtuCer , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Change phone with new walpaper

16. Sunil Kumar Patil
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2017

Sunil Kumar Patil , Feb 2, 2017 :
    am facing same issue, oneplus team has no clue how to resolve this, customer care executives are hopless
    1. my quick notification doesn;t work,
    2. dual sim netwrok drop
    3. home button no response
    4. corner tools no response
    5. unpin app - big headache

overall pissed off, wake up oneplus team, don't screw further.
    I will never buy oneplus devices in future, enough

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017

17. G_siddharth_raut_cerx
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2017

G_siddharth_raut_cerx , Feb 2, 2017 :
    After latest update of my one plus 2 .I am facing problem im my alarm setting . No tune is getting assigned to my alarm. And alarm doesnt ring it just vibrates. Please fix this bug. ... ITSL'S IRRITATING.!!!

18. vrc007
    Gingerbread Feb 2, 2017

vrc007 , Feb 2, 2017 :
    I was talking on a phone and suddenly my OP2 got restarted and what I see is "Encryption Unsuccessful".
    I don't know what has gone wrong, maybe when on call it just got mistakenly browsed into encryption option or something in a setting?

I am on Oxygen OS 3.5.6 and rooted.

Got a message saying:
    Encryption unsuccessful
    Your phone storage has been damaged, please download the firmware package to brush.
    It appears that some part of OS is loaded because when I change the volume the android styled indicator bar and the settings gear appears but nothing happens when I tap it.

I entered TWRP to erase data (again because I'm sure had checked it) and it says (in red):
    Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer.
    Failed to mount '/data' (Stale NFS file handle).
    Unable to mount storage

When i go to Wipe / Repair File System selecting Data partition it shows me:
    Present: Yes
    Removable: No
    Size 0MB
    Used: 0MB
    Free: 0MB
    Backup Size: 0MB

When I select Internal Storage and tap Repair or Change File System it says Invalid partition selection (in red).

I followed your solution but I am stuck at recovery tool. After clicking the square button it shows ok and then pressing start it starts some procedure and then stuck on something called FirehoseCheckRSPE and some Chinese thing written ahead of it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_l6Qvh1m7AAN3llRGZCVnhjQUE/view?usp=sharing

What should I do?
    I just need my phone to work, if data goes it's fine.

Thank-you in advance.

19. Hesays
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2017

Hesays , Feb 5, 2017 :
    How can i mirror my OP2 to my Chromecast? Was possible before the Update and its just gone. When i bought the Phone i loved it had Equalizer and some nice stuff. Now its slow and anoying

20. Hesays
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2017

Hesays , Feb 5, 2017 :
    How can i mirror my OP2 to my Chromecast? Was possible before the Update and its just gone. When i bought the Phone i loved it had Equalizer and some nice stuff. Now its slow and anoying

dhish42 likes this.