OP2 [Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 2 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. Geoffrey.
    Froyo Apr 24, 2016

2. vissu89
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2016

vissu89 , Apr 25, 2016 :
    I have OP2 with 2.2.1 still having heating issue. If i use mobile internet or wifi with in couple of minutes mobile becomes hot pan.

3. Dhruvism
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2016

4. William Sedlacek
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2016

5. boykott
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2016

boykott , Apr 26, 2016 :
    When carrier is set to manual, I constantly get "managed roaming" pop-up on oos 3 beta. I done a full wipe and and flashed stock 2.2.1 and it stopped, updated to oos 3 beta and it is back? Any ideas?

6. nandinishankar
    Donut Apr 26, 2016

nandinishankar , Apr 26, 2016 :
    Issue: Slow Battery Charging + Poor Battery Life. My OP2's battery takes over 3 hours 20 mins to charge, and it lasts only for 12 hours (screenshot attached), despite minimal usage (mainly Google Chrome to read articles - would have used my phone for a couple of hours max)
    Hardware/software: OxygenOS 2.2.1
    Timeframe: Since Purchase

Screenshots: Uploaded

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

7. Navbot
    Eclair Apr 27, 2016

Navbot , Apr 27, 2016 :
    I don't know if I can post this here, but I'm unable to open a new thread since I am new here.

I can't install the OOS3.0 Marshmallow beta update on my OnePlus 2. I've download the .zip file and copied it over to Internal storage on the OnePlus 2. I reboot into recovery and don't have an option to "Install from local". I tried "Install from SD" as well and that does nothing.

If anyone has seen this before, or wants to help, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

8. DCastro555
    Eclair Apr 27, 2016

9. nipun.chawla
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2016

10. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Apr 27, 2016

Alvie , Apr 27, 2016 :
    It seems that the EFS has been lost, did you make a full nandroid backup before you flashed something?
    Check this thread as it may be able to help you:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2370699

If you didn't flash anything then that shouldn't have happened and you should be able to send it in for repair under warranty.

11. Alvie

Alvie , Apr 27, 2016 :
    It may be a problem with the ROM as it is still in beta. If it is a major issue for you then you should revert to 2.2.1 until the stable Marshmallow ROM is officially released in a future OTA.

12. Alvie

Alvie , Apr 27, 2016 :
    You should be able to do it like this. make sure you do not unzip the file.
    Credit : @Naman Bhalla

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  13. Aj115
    Donut Apr 27, 2016

Aj115 , Apr 27, 2016 :
    Hi new user here and im loving my op2.just rooted it last week and running greenify, uninstalled amplify as it was causing an issue with calender storage. With both these mods i was getting 5hours sot.

So iv been looking into L Speed mod from the play store, can anyone recommend the correct settings for the op2.

14. Alvie

Alvie , Apr 27, 2016 :
    Recommended setup:
    Ram Manager - Balanced
    Kernel Tweaks - Light
    Kernel sleepers optimization - On
    Battery improvement - On
    Flag tuner - On
    Fast charge - On (needs kernel support)
    Improve scrolling - On
    Disable debugging - On
    Disable logging - On
    Disable kernel panic - On
    Cleaner on boot - On
    IO Boost - On
    SD Tweak - On
    Partition remount - On

Aj115 likes this.
  15. Navbot
    Eclair Apr 28, 2016

Navbot , Apr 28, 2016 :
    Yeah I didn't unzip the file, I just copied the zip file the way it is downloaded. Placed it into internal storage on the phone. When I boot into recovery mode, hit English, I only have option to "Install from SD". When I click on "Install from SD" it doesn't do anything at all. Here are some pictures, if that helps in anyway.
    IMG_20160427_174418.jpg Screenshot_2016-04-27-17-43-28.png

16. Aj115
    Donut Apr 28, 2016

Aj115 , Apr 28, 2016 :
    Thanks @Alvie. Seems to be the standard setup. If anyone has suggestions to improve battery please do add them, wasnt able to start a new topic so sorry if im interrupting.

17. Dhruvism
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2016

Dhruvism , Apr 28, 2016 :
    I did, wiped battery stats, caliberated battery, installed greenify and amplify

still :mad:

18. Dhruvism
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2016

You have to LOCATE the file after clicking Install from SD
    OMG Seriously Dude !

see first move the .zip file to sdcard (and not downloads or anywhere else),although its not necessary but still
    (ES file explorer might help if you aren't able to understand the files app)

reboot to recovery

go to install from sd card

scroll down (with your fingers) to the zip file

tap on it

you will be asked to flash (or something similiar)

tap on yes

it will load

and a message will come (something success)

tap on reboot

Thats it!

19. Dhruvism
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2016

are you rooted ? If yes then check this out

I think I'm not supposed to post external threads :(
    But still

For Xposed's sake I'm sending so that its visible to eyeryone visiting here,hopefully i won't be banned ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-nlpunbounce-reduce-nlp-wakelocks-t2853874

20. Aj115
    Donut Apr 28, 2016

Aj115 , Apr 28, 2016 :
    Thanks, yes im rooted and had amplify installed but i noticed google cal wasnt working and also unable to enable calender storage in apps menu. While i had amplify it was great, once i can see if L speed is doing anything i might enable amplify again.