[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 3 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 1, 2016

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Try cleaning the lens.
    Also try going into Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage and clear data and cache (you will not lose any pictures)

2. mainstreasy
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

mainstreasy , Jul 1, 2016 :
    My wifi disconnects and reconnects uncontrolled which costs a lot of data. Anyone else experiencing this?

3. G_Bill_Jimmers_Pxli
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

G_Bill_Jimmers_Pxli , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Is there any fix for the sound not working on incoming calls? Seems to be a persistent bug through Oneplus 2 that continues in Oneplus 3.

4. mash2u
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

mash2u , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Hello,

Since I can't start a new thread, maybe someone here would be kind to confirm they are seeing the same issue.

I seem to be having an issue with connecting to my 802.11ac router (Apple's Time Capsule). In "Automatic" mode, it connects to my SSID via 2.4GHz only. When I go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced and choose Wi-Fi Frequency band as 5Ghz it finds 0 networks in the area.

FYI - I'm on 3.1.3 OxygenOS.

Is anyone experiencing similar issues? Thoughts?

Best,
    Mash

Edit: To be clear, I have several devices including my laptop that are connected to the 5Ghz band. I've also used a WiFi scanner in my old Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to verify that there are SSIDs broadcasting in the 5Ghz band.

5. sarwadravi
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

sarwadravi , Jul 1, 2016 :
    I tried that too...its not recognising device....

6. benwalburn
    Froyo Jul 1, 2016

benwalburn , Jul 1, 2016 :
    It's a visual bug at the very least. 4G+ supports 90Mb/s. LTE is much slower, but the fastest connection you can get in the US, last I checked. I'm guessing OP flagged a particular frequency for 4G+ even though there's no discernible difference between it and LTE at this time.

Further research seems to indicate that 4G+ is band 28, which isn't used in the US as far as I know. This probably means that OnePlus messed up somewhere and set a US band, or a portion of it, as 4G+.

7. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Do you have a weak signal?

8. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Try turning the alert slider up, then to the middle and then down again. Also press the volume up button and make sure that the call volume isn't on mute.

9. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Try clearing cache in recovery

10. G_Bill_Jimmers_Pxli
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

Yes all of these have been done. This is a well known bug easily replicated.

11. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    When you were setting up your OnePlus 3, did you have the option to sync from a previous device? That may have caused it.

12. dr.anel
    Gingerbread Jul 1, 2016

dr.anel , Jul 1, 2016 :
    sorry. i created a thread which is almost everything is answered here.

thank you.

Alvie likes this.
  13. mash2u
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

mash2u , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Thanks Alvie. That suggestion didn't work. Any other thoughts?

Any other thoughts? Basically, here is what I've done since purchase:

-Flashed the 3.1.3 download (which I believe is beta). I've also got TWRP recovery and am rooted.

While keeping the Wifi frequency band as automatic and using the WiFi Analyzer app from the Play store, I see plenty of SSIDs in the 2,4Ghz but none in the 5GHz band. The same app in my old phones shows me a bunch of SSIDs in the 5 GHz range. I'm at a loss here...

14. _mihau_
    Donut Jul 1, 2016

_mihau_ , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Just thinking: we've got SD820, 6GB RAM, Adreno 530. Why there is no multi window option? I think that our phones can handle 2 apps at a time, and 1080p screen is sufficient. So you could just use drag and drop instead of searching for a file to attach to message or email.

15. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    If you are rooted you can enable it by adjusting the build.prop. A more elegant solution will come with Android N(ougat)

16. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    What happens when you put it in 5GHz only mode, is it recognised?

17. Yahzeef
    Eclair Jul 1, 2016

Yahzeef , Jul 1, 2016 :
    I figured that it would be a visual bug as 4G+ is just another term for LTE-A. I'm pretty sure that 4G+ is used in other markets in the East and NOT in the US, so it would make sense that it's band 28.

It does make me OCD about it as I keep staring whenever I load a page, oh well :|. Hopefully oneplus acknowledges this glitch.

benwalburn and Alvie like this.
  18. G_Bill_Jimmers_Pxli
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2016

No, I didn't sync with another phone. Check out XDA or google it and you will see I'm not the only one with the issue.

19. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 1, 2016 :
    Try booting into safe mode and see if it works.

20. mainstreasy
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

mainstreasy , Jul 2, 2016 :
    No. All other devices work properly.