[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 3 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. mash2u
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

mash2u , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Nope - it finds no network at all.

Going to try a nandroid backup and reflash 3.1.3 and see if that works.

Edit: I've just reflashed 3.1.3 and can confirm it's still not working. I didn't use my nandroid backup - pure clean install. Still can't find or connect to 5GHz devices....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016

2. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 2, 2016

Alvie , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Try clearing cache in recovery.

3. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 2, 2016 :
    That's strange, try contacting OnePlus support to see if they can help you.

4. F_Aruj_Shah_OsWt
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

5. JimmiAkerblom
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

6. G_Robert_Lawrence_UbmD
    Eclair Jul 2, 2016

7. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Add the contact, edit (pencil icon), click the three dots, all calls to voicemail ➿

8. G_Robert_Lawrence_UbmD
    Eclair Jul 2, 2016

9. anindya.mahajan
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

anindya.mahajan , Jul 2, 2016 :
    RANT

Okay, I've put up with this for too long. First things first, I absolutely love my OP3, but its battery life is extremely worrying. I have yet to go a day without it discharging completely. Don't understand where do the claims of 6 hours SOT come from. The most I've managed is about 4 hours and that too when I don't use the mobile data at all, keep the brightness at the lowest, and use the dark theme all the time! Yes, Dash charging is dope, but I certainly didn't buy this beast of a phone to keep it hugged to a charger every other minute!

It consumes about 20 % battery overnight which is completely ridiculous! Now, I do understand that it might be because of the apps working in the background, but if it is so, then what is the use of Marshmallow's Doze? Today morning was when it crossed every limit. I manually disabled the mobile data and the wifi last night which should have obviously helped since the apps which continuously update themselves are the ones which consume the most battery. People might think that it would have helped. It did, but it still consumed about 10% of the battery (-_-). What's worse, when I open the battery submenu in the settings, the percentage consumption of the battery by different apps never add up to how much battery my phone has had consumed! I am hoping that this is due to the lack of proper optimization of the UI and it would be fixed soon, but as it currently stands, I am extremely disappointed.

Attached Files:

10. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Storage and clear data and cache

11. anindya.mahajan
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

anindya.mahajan , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Thanks for replying. I have just finished doing what you suggested. Hopefully, this will be the end of all my battery troubles. Will post the results tomorrow.

12. HDCL
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

HDCL , Jul 2, 2016 :
    For those of you having issues connecting your OPT to a PC I was struggling with this too and ended up using cloud based storage to copy files up and down. After I did all that, I discovered a notification about USB appears when you plug the phone into your PC. When this notification is clicked displays the option to change the USB connection from Charging to File Transfer. This will avoid the need to go into Developer Mode and do all of that customization.

Alvie likes this.
  13. HDCL
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

HDCL , Jul 2, 2016 :
    I an new to Android Marshmallow and had a few questions:

1) Someone had asked before how to customize the stock OnePlus launcher and the reply said to long press the home button and go to settings. My home button was set to bring up Google Search Assistant on long press and the settings in there do not apply to the homescreen. Setting the long press action to nothing and then holding it down does not bring up settings. I basically want to remove the Google search bar from the screen. I have seen other ways online involving disabling the service but I just wanted to see if there was a way to remove it without disabling it
    2) In the task switcher, there is an X and a lock icon - what does pressing the lock icon do?

14. HDCL
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2016

HDCL , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Daydream, Ambient Display and Proximity wake don't work consistently. If I turn on these options in the Display settings, Proximity Wake works a few times (waving your hand over the screen shows the clock and notifications) but after a while, this does nothing. The proximity sensor is working fine - the screen turns off during calls. Is this just buggy?

Daydream is set to display the clock when charging but it does nothing.

I use to use Windows Lumia phones with Glance display and this seemed similar (if it worked).

15. krzaq
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

krzaq , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I have just switched from 1+1 to 1+3. While fast charging is awesome, the fingerprint scanner is very useful and USB-C makes it easy to plug in, the design is meh (if I wanted an iPhone, I'd have bought one and I'd rather have a bigger battery than a camera that sticks out, especially without the sandpaper feel) and the software is a major downgrade in usability (thankfully this seems to be easiest to fix).

Here's my list of grievances/questions:
    - can I show the battery percentage all the time, even while charging? From reading this thread I only found that thing in dev options, but it only works when I'm not charging
    - has theming been removed? I can only find a vastly inferior "customization" in the options
    - has the default email app been removed?
    - can I have 6 columns of icons on my desktop? (without globally changing the DPI as has been suggested)
    - can my app list go back to being grouped by letter? This cluttered look annoys me
    - can my user avatar be downloaded from google? 1+1 did that
    - why is the backlight setting inversed for capacitive keys? Having Backlight = on actually turns it off...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016

16. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 3, 2016

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Try waving your hand slower and closer to top part of phone.

17. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    You can remove the search bar by long pressing on an empty space on the home screen (not home button) and click customise and swipe right for more options.

Locking an app stops it from being removed when you click the clear all apps button.

18. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Themes are a cyanogenmod feature, for more customisation options long press on the home screen then click customise and swipe right.

You can get stock email app here:
    ARM64
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...lease/email-7-0-1533254-android-apk-download/

Some other things can be solved by using a different launcher e.g. Nova

19. doublelime
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

doublelime , Jul 3, 2016 :
    My wifi is terrible. I get 0.5 down on my one plus 3, while 50 down on my galaxy s4. Sometimes I get full speed on my op3 but most times its around 10.

20. mainstreasy
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

mainstreasy , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Are you serious? How stupid do you think I am. Of course I've tried that