[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 3 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. G_Natalie_Krüll_nDGz
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

G_Natalie_Krüll_nDGz , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Smooth Scrolling & Touch Issue

Dear community, as I did not find a way to contact the support in writing. So this post as last chance before simply returning the OP3.

In all situations I experience a noticeable/visible jitter when scrolling/swiping content slowly by touching.
    This applies to even text-only pages in the web browser, settings page ...

- not screen protector
    - finger has reasonable contact to the screen
    - stock device with latest firmware update
    - cache cleared
    - no apps in background
    . no tweaks, special apps, special setting applied

Please share, if you can reproduce or kno a solution for that.
    Looking forward to any comment.

Many thanks & BR

2. dietervt
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

3. DavidCM
    Froyo Jul 3, 2016

4. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 3, 2016

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Is that on the 5GHz band or on the 2.4GHz

Also (this may seem unrelated), is it still slow if you have location on and set to high accuracy?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016

5. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Sorry, I do not think you are stupid. I was just trying to help and I didn't know that you have tried that already. Try going into your router settings and change the DHCP lease/refresh time to 1 week.

6. sandeep.delhi
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

7. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I think the ETA is the end of July.

8. difference1891
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

difference1891 , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Hi guys.

In the picture attached. What is the difference between the brush and the three bars?

And for what different reasons do you use them?

The three bars closes all apps and removes them from the memory, right?

Screenshot_20160703-021938.png

9. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Yes, the three bars closes all apps and removes them from memory and the brush closes all background apps as well.

difference1891 likes this.
  10. difference1891
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

Cool. Why would you like to use the brush then?

And what does background processes mean really? Does it mean that Gmail, Messenger etc will stop syncing?

11. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2016

ddhbanger , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Where has the 3.1.3 version come from, as I can't find anywhere to say it's official. Just want to be sure before I flash.

12. doublelime
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

doublelime , Jul 3, 2016 :
    2.4 ghz. I have tried both high and low location accuracy, still the same result. This is the post i made on reddit:
    I have done about 30 speed tests on my op3 and galaxy s4.

My s4 always gets around 45 down and 19 up while my op3 fluctuates massively. Sometimes I get 17 down 16 up, sometimes 8 down 17 up, 0.5 down 10 up.

I really don't know why this is happening. I contacted tech support and they told me to factory reset my phone, so i did. It didn't help.

I using oxygen 3.1.2, nothing modified. I am a light user. I only use my phone for Facebook, youtube, email and browsing. Sometimes when i unlock my phone to go on Facebook the pictures don't load. I do a speed test with both my op3 and s4. I nearly always get 0.5 down on the op3 and always 45 with my s4!

I love this phone, this is the only problem I have. Should I send it back for a refund and buy another one, though I'd prefer to keep this one as I already installed the tempered glass.

Thanks in advance.

13. difference1891
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

I get about 80/80 on 2,4 ghz and 270/115 on 5 ghz. My ISP speed is 250/100 fiber.

Something is clearly wrong with your's. I assume you've tried factory reset?

14. tjacker31
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

tjacker31 , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Really? I thought the brush forced closed the apps, while the 3 bars just cleared the recent list like it would with notifications. Thanks.

15. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    It may stop then from syncing. Background processes are any processes opened by an app and are still running in the background

16. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I asked a person on the Support live chat, here is the response I received:

[​IMG]
    Also the current version is 3.1.2 is available to everyone, and the version reviewers have is currently 3.1.4 so it would make sense for there to be a 3.1.3

17. ddhbanger
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2016

ddhbanger , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I asked support when will my OP3 be shipped I got a different answer each time I asked. Think I'll wait. Thanks though.

Alvie likes this.
  18. PAPZI1957
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

PAPZI1957 , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Hi!
    Help me...
    How do I set it to apk file when you run the installer package you get started? If I send a file via Bluetooth, you can not install because it does not appear as an option in the installer package. Lots of options are displayed, but the installation does not.
    How could this be adjusted?
    Anyone else has experienced this problem?
    The same bug is present in OP 2 device also has the Android 6.0.1.

19. lstan
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

lstan , Jul 3, 2016 :
    My sister in law got her +3 on Wednesday and has the same battery issues as anindya.mahajan. she's tried the fix as suggested with no luck. Her SOT is less then 4 hours at this point rendering the phone pretty useless. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

20. jmiah
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

jmiah , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Can someone please help me Because I'm having a few issues with Oxygen OS on 3.1.2 on the Oneplus 3. So basically whenever I be using Instagram for a while the phone freezes and restarts, I have found that it only happens on Instagram. I have cleared cache and reinstalled a couple times yet the phoen still freezes and restarts after a couple minutes on Instagram. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me, please provide feedback and any solutions if there are any.
    Thanks...