[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 3 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. doublelime
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

doublelime , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Yes I've factory reset it, now I have to re install the apps manually because during the set up i don't get the option to copy them over from my old s4. I'll see if this problem continues, if so I'll ask for a refund and buy it again.

2. bertboy
    Donut Jul 3, 2016

bertboy , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I have similar problem. FB and Instagram stop loading at random moments.
    However, I had the same problem on OP2. And I only noticed it at my home wifi... So I think that's the problem. Do you face the problem on 3G or LTE?

3. bertboy
    Donut Jul 3, 2016

bertboy , Jul 3, 2016 :
    You didn't know how it looks before buying?? You did't know that Cyanogen didn't make it to OP2, OPX or OP3?
    If you buy something without doing a little research, the only grievance you should have is towards yourself for not doing the research...

For the "solution" towards your issues.. Most of them can be solved by installing Nova Launcher. A lot of people (including myself) seem to like the customizability of Nova. (change grid size, change grouping of the app-drawer)

You can change the appearance of the battery (circle, bar or percentage) in the battery window under settings

There are plenty of e-mail apps in the Play Store, I guess you can find one that suits you. Also, the Gmail-app can be configured for IMAP, POP3,...

Alvie likes this.
  4. difference1891
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

difference1891 , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Ok. So the brush sounds pretty useless. A restart sounds much more safe. But after a restart, all sync and notifications comes. So I don't understand the need of the brush then?

5. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 3, 2016

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    It is probably a security feature, try finding an apk installer app in the playstore and see if that works.,

6. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    The notification bar shows a lot of things that can drain the battery such as hotspot, Bluetooth, mobile data, possibly a high brightness setting.

Which fix did she try?

7. doublelime
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

doublelime , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I'm too cheap to buy an lte plan (3g is enough for me), and my network lycamobile has become horrendously slow the past few days. I'm going to switch network soon, so ill tell you then.

8. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    For your wifi problems, try disabling WMM/QoS (quality of service) in your router settings then reboot your router.

9. durnrbrnakakwnrb
    Donut Jul 3, 2016

durnrbrnakakwnrb , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I just opened my OP3 today and it's damaged as hell, straight OOB. Opened a ticket, don't really know what to do now. I'd really like a solution to this :3

10. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Try disabling WMM / QoS (quality of service) in your router settings then reboot the router and your phone

11. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Try contacting the courier as well, there obviously isn't any other solution other than what you have done already.

12. durnrbrnakakwnrb
    Donut Jul 3, 2016

durnrbrnakakwnrb , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Hadn't thought about doing that. Will see what happens with ticket and then potentially contact them. Thanks

13. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Try contacting via the live chat as well, they maybe able to escalate your case.

14. lstan
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

lstan , Jul 3, 2016 :
    The fix she tried was one you had recommended "Go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Storage and clear data and cache" the picture attached to my OP shows her drain is under "android system" which I know encompasses a lot of services. She had Bluetooth off, no hotspot, and screen is set to adaptive brightness, but mostly set at medium brightness.

There is no reason she should only get 4 hours or less between charges. Even if she leaves her phone on a desk and doesn't touch it it's dead within 8hours. This issue is OOB with no mods.

15. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Try clearing cache in recovery
    Also I found this on the androidcentral forums check it:
    1. Display Brightness - Turn off Auto Brightness and Reduce Setting Bar to Minimum acceptable to you.
    2. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.
    3. Don't use Live Wallpaper. Use dark wallpaper if possible.
    4. Set Display Sleep Setting to 2 Minutes or Less.
    5. Use WIFI over Cellular data when possible. Set WIFI to Always stay on during Sleep if you regularly use WIFI.
    6. Be careful of using an excessive number of live widgets.
    7. If you Sync Exchange Emails - set old email sync for 30 Days or less.
    8. Do NOT use a Task Killer Battery Saver App.
    9. Turn off Google Now and Location Reporting if you don't use it.
    Check some of these ideas as well:
    https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-save-battery-life

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016

16. catasevi
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

catasevi , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Hi, I was thinking of buying the Oneplus 3, my problem is i'm from Spain and right now i'm staying all the summer in US, Can I buy the european model in US?

Thank you.

17. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    No, you cannot.

18. mikpe201
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

mikpe201 , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I've had my oneplus 3 for almost a full week now, it has worked as smooth as ever until this morning it decided to drop dead. After sticking it in the charger and turning it on, it managed to fully load and then died again. After some time I managed to get it to recovery and cleared cache, the phone then lasted for around 2 hours until it suddenly died again. Now I can't even get it into recovery, and it shows no signs of charging when I plug it in (neither phone or charger gets hot and I can't boot it at all, even after an hour+ of charging). I have searched my account-page for support tickets but can't find anywhere to submit it :confused:, what should I do?

19. Alvie

Alvie , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Go to your order page:
    https://oneplus.net/sales/order/history

And click service request or go to the Support page

Http://oneplus.net/support

20. lstan
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

lstan , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I appreciate the help but very few of those options apply to a stock phone. HydrogenOS is poorly optimized or her battery is faulty.