[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 3 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 4, 2016

Alvie , Jul 4, 2016 :
    Have you tried flashing the stock rom using recovery/ adb sideload?

2. anindya.mahajan
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2016

anindya.mahajan , Jul 4, 2016 :
    So here's my SOT after clearing the data/cache of Google Play Services. Still horrendous. What I've noticed is that it consumes a whole lot more battery while the data is switched on, even if the screen is off. For instance, I had switched the data on in the morning today and used the phone for about 15 minutes in the 5 hours that the data was on. The battery still went down from 65% to about 25%!

Anyway, I used GSAM monitor (Screenshots included) to find out what was draining my battery so much and it turns out that the culprit was a process called 'Service (adsprpcd)' which had used about 21% battery alone! Is anyone else facing any such issue too, and if so, has anyone found any cure for this?

Attached Files:

3. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 4, 2016

Alvie , Jul 4, 2016 :
    Is it still bad when Location is turned off? Also try clearing cache in recovery mode.

4. F_Andrew_Whitney_Fckt
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2016

F_Andrew_Whitney_Fckt , Jul 4, 2016 :
    Yes everytime I updated my Android Note 4 it always unroots itself so I imagine it will do the same with any Android phone.

5. krzaq
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2016

krzaq , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I knew how it looked and I can live with it. It doesn't mean it's perfect. As for leaving Cyanogenmod, I, in my naïvety, assumed that they wouldn't, ahem, settle for a bare bones OS (why didn't they just fork it? T_T). Obviously, I was wrong.

Tried your battery suggestion (nice job hiding it, Google), doesn't work - percentage still disappears while charging.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

6. benwalburn
    Froyo Jul 5, 2016

benwalburn , Jul 5, 2016 :
    My OP3's vibration started clicking today. It doesn't happen every time, but it makes a tapping sound like is breaking. I did update to OOS 3.2 yesterday, but I didn't notice any issues till today.

7. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 5, 2016

Alvie , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Try clearing cache in recovery mode

8. benwalburn
    Froyo Jul 5, 2016

benwalburn , Jul 5, 2016 :
    I tried that first thing and it didn't get me anywhere. I even reflashed the ROM and didn't root it again.

9. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 6, 2016

Alvie , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Did you drop it?

10. johantopp
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2016

johantopp , Jul 6, 2016 :
    upload_2016-7-6_14-19-53.png
    Yes i have done that part. but i just dont get the option when i leave TWRP to change select anything

11. mainstreasy
    Cupcake Jul 6, 2016

mainstreasy , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Did what you said. Problem is still occuring

12. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 6, 2016

Alvie , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Don't worry if you don't get it.

13. bertboy
    Donut Jul 7, 2016

bertboy , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Can you maybe tell me what this does?
    My router is a provider-provided one with very limited possibilities to 'adapt'...
    Thanks in advance!

14. mockup
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2016

mockup , Jul 7, 2016 :
    Hi, Alive, May I know any different hardware using for different version of 1+3? Is it supposed be same? is it possible to flash the firmware. My network carrier do support 4G+, but the phone does not support. That is my question. thank you.

15. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 7, 2016

Alvie , Jul 7, 2016 :
    It stops the router from limiting the bandwidth depending on the thing that is being used

bertboy likes this.
  16. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 7, 2016

Alvie , Jul 7, 2016 :
    There is only one hardware variant of the OnePlus 3. If your phone works with 4G and if you are not getting 4G+, the problem is different. Maybe check your APN settings if you haven't already

17. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2016

lkosova , Jul 8, 2016 :
    Help from newbie.... Is there a guide to learn about the functions of the phone and also what the developer functions are?

Ie: so there are apn choices... How do I know which one to choose?

I did a basic set up of the phone but would like to learn more...... Don't know what I want /need till I know the possiblities....... I don't want to root yet.... ;)

On 3.1.3... Waiting for new update

Thx so much

18. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jul 9, 2016

Alvie , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Developer options:
    http://m.androidcentral.com/all-about-your-phones-developer-options

APN settings depend on network, find them by searching:

(your carrier) (your country) APN settings

E.G. T-Mobile US APN settings
    in to Google.

Also check these links on things to do with android:

http://time.com/95948/new-android-phone-guide/

https://www.androidpit.com/everyone-should-do-this-with-their-android-phone

https://www.androidpit.com/things-you-didnt-know-android-could-do

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ariannarebolini/things-you-didnt-know-your-android-could-do

19. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2016

lkosova , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Thx will be tonight's reading.. Ha. I have looked at some of this. Just be nice for official guide. There is something but very vague.

Thx again.

Alvie likes this.
  20. lkosova
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 9, 2016

lkosova , Jul 9, 2016 :
    Just quick question which is confusing for me. Apn.... So my is preset to something like epc.Tmobile. I am getting lte and it's fast. Reading forums it says to use fast.tmoble since it's faster and more reliable. Then there is one WITH iv4/ iv6.... Agh

So I read you have to load some lines and skip others.. I get that but in the settings it just shows the buttons with a click box to choose. So CAN I just try each one out and the setting preloads or do I choose a different one and then have to enter line by line??? Thx