[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 3 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. sumitvrma
    Donut Jun 20, 2016

sumitvrma , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Hello Alvie,

I tried the settings but still no network

APN Protocol: only options are ip4 and ip6 only

Kindly help

2. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 20, 2016

Alvie , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Set the MCC to 405
    and the MNC to 854
    APN Protocol : ipv4/ipv6
    APN type: default,supl,xcap

3. Groovy
    Eclair Jun 20, 2016

Groovy , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Any update when the OTA will arrive?

4. samirpershad
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2016

samirpershad , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Bought the OnePlus 3 on launch day and received it on the 16th. Was working great until today. Unlocked the phone using the fingerprint scanner, swiped a notification, and the screen went blank. Tried restarting the phone to wipe the cache with the volume down and power button combination but still no luck, screen remains blank even after the reboot. Tried connecting the phone to the computer and the OnePlus 3 drive with the drivers installation folders show up, I can feel the haptic feedback and there is a green notification light as well, but screen is blank.

Has anyone else experienced this with the OnePlus 3 and were you able to solve it ? I have asked for a replacement from Amazon, but I don't look forward to the process of having to re-install all the apps and accounts on the phone.

5. Alvie

Alvie , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Was the notification for an OTA update? If you accidentally clicked install and didn't let it go through the full installation, it may cause something like this to happen.

@Naman Bhalla do you have an unbrick guide and could you help, please?

6. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 20, 2016

Naman Bhalla , Jun 20, 2016 :
    No unbrick guide yet. Go for oneplus support and they have the files needed to unbrick.

Alvie likes this.
  7. Alvie

Alvie , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Thanks for the quick reply, I will ask them now.

8. Naman Bhalla

Those files are password protected. So, nothing we can do.

9. Alvie

Alvie , Jun 20, 2016 :
    There asking my for the order number and imei and saying they will send it via email after that

10. EatDatRice
    Eclair Jun 20, 2016

EatDatRice , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Hey guys, I have a question. Do recognized that the audio of the microphone is really bad? Or is is just my phone? Compared to my old Moto G2 it is horrible. It seems like the software or the phone is compressing the audio so hard that many freqencies get lost. And there might also might be a heavy use of noise cancellation that causes that bad sound of the microphone?

Do you think that it will be possible to get a better audio performance by a software update or is it the microphone? Otherwise it would be really dissapointing, because I think a good microphone isn't so expensive in the production..

11. Naman Bhalla

The file or password ?

12. Alvie

Alvie , Jun 20, 2016 :
    I'm not sure what the audio quality sounds like as I do not have the OnePlus 3 but it maybe because of your reception. This maybe be able to fix over an update

13. Alvie

Alvie , Jun 20, 2016 :
    The files I think

14. F_Richard_Hogg_JUjS
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2016

F_Richard_Hogg_JUjS , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Hey guys

Loving my OP3 so far, but one niggle. Does the phone support ANT+. Not necessarily a showstopper but it means that my current cycle sensors don't work with the phone.

15. Alvie

Alvie , Jun 20, 2016 :
    There is an app called ANT tester, you can use that to find out if the firmware is built in, if it isn't you may still be able to use it.

16. F_Richard_Hogg_JUjS
    Cupcake Jun 20, 2016

F_Richard_Hogg_JUjS , Jun 20, 2016 :
    Thanks... I downloaded the ANT plugins earlier from the Play Store, and ANT tester claims it works, but that may just be at API level. I'll play around with my sensors on the phone a bit more.

Alvie likes this.
  17. samirpershad
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2016

samirpershad , Jun 21, 2016 :
    No, the notification was for an email. I did speak to support, subsequent to which I tried the volume down + power button sequence to do a clear cache / hard reset, but no luck, The screen was still blank on restart. Support asked me to get this replaced through amazon as it was still under the 10 days replacement period.

Would however have preferred a solution that worked without replacing the device. Apart from having to re-install everything again, what if this reoccurs ?

Also, is returning a phone filled with mails, messages and data safe ?

18. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jun 21, 2016

Alvie , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Have you tried the guide I sent to you in the PMs?

https://forums.oneplus.net/conversations

Also, when you do send it to them, they will most likely wipe all the data so you don't need to worry about that.

19. samirpershad
    Cupcake Jun 21, 2016

samirpershad , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Thanks Alvie, replied to your PM's. Amazon are picking up the device early today so no chance to try the re-flash.

Alvie likes this.
  20. ianwootz
    Eclair Jun 21, 2016

ianwootz , Jun 21, 2016 :
    Can anyone help me how to change my hydrogen os to oxygen os?
    I cant find a way how to install google play store on hydrogen os. Tnx in advance

TheChigga likes this.