[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 3 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. Trevor.Hawkes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2018

Trevor.Hawkes , Apr 11, 2018 :
    I have flashed TWRP a lot of times and never did that. I not saying it wouldn't solve my problems but it's not something that has to be done. Thanks anyway.

2. Rhodesgod
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2018

Rhodesgod , Jul 11, 2018 :
    i get this error and everytime i flash a custom rom it has random reboot.how ti fix it ? my phone partitions seems Messed up.
    i get this error while flashing roms - format data ...

Attached Files:

3. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Jul 11, 2018

Sun90 , Jul 11, 2018 :
    What's the procedure of the flash You're adopting ?

4. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Jul 11, 2018

agoinfly , Jul 11, 2018 :
    1. Update your TWRP, reboot to recovery;
    2. Wipe everything, system too, and format data;
    3. Install your custom rom + gapps + Magisk.

danouk and Sun90 like this.
  5. Rhodesgod
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2018

i tried official twrp - bluespark - redwolf - and ...
    format data > wipe > reset factory > copy files to phone and install rom.
    but i get this error while formating or flashing.
    and since i get this error i get random reboots on custom roms.

6. Sun90

Sun90 , Jul 11, 2018 :
    installing custom roms while running oxygen OS or vice versa.
    You have to wipe the system partition too in TWRP along with data and cache.
    Have you done that.

7. Rhodesgod
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2018

i wiped all of them.everytime.
    i checked partitions now and its ok too.
    no hardware problem.
    i don't know why this happens.really really confused.

8. Sun90

Sun90 , Jul 11, 2018 :
    Reflash the oxygen OS.
    Hope you haven't got any issue doing so.

9. G_Shivam_Agrawal_xrqx
    Eclair Jul 11, 2018

G_Shivam_Agrawal_xrqx , Jul 11, 2018 :
    @oneplus_support
    I use Oneplus3T Issue with microphone as both parties can't hear any sound from microphone while calls, until I've to put it into speaker and again into microphone to make it work after 5-10 seconds . please help..

10. Rhodesgod
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2018

Rhodesgod , Jul 12, 2018 :
    on oos i don't have any problem and that's strange.
    just custom roms give me random reboot :(

11. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Jul 12, 2018

Sun90 , Jul 12, 2018 :
    After installing a custom rom., Flash a custom kernel compatible with it and check.

12. Elvin 86
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2018

Elvin 86 , Jul 22, 2018 :
    Phone call quality on OP3 not as clear as on Samsung phones or motorola phones. Any idea how to fix this.

13. G_Nasrathulla_Shaikh_mxr
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2018

G_Nasrathulla_Shaikh_mxr , Jul 28, 2018 :
    use MSM toolkits best and easy way....you will be brought back to marshmallow..then you will see updates,or you can install desired by downloading from OnePlus site

14. helio-5
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2018

helio-5 , Aug 10, 2018 :
    I have a problem with my OnePlus 3t. It happens with the last ota, the beta, the previous version of stock and even with lineageos. When I set a password to the screen lock and after I try to unlock with this password it's keep saying that it's a wrong password but it doesn't. Sometimes I can't even set up a new password because it says that I'm writing wrong the new password. when I turn on the device it happens with the decriptyng too. Someone's knows what would be the problem with my device? thanks!

15. ASCHENTE_V
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2018

ASCHENTE_V , Aug 12, 2018 :
    What is DM-verification after you install twrp? I read that one should instal patch to cancel DM-verification and forced encryption or you get Bootloop. I'm asking about 3T. Can anyone pls explain me that, because I don't see it in this thread in process of twrp installation?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018

danouk likes this.
  16. P1533905809231
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2018

P1533905809231 , Aug 14, 2018 :
    in op3t oxyzen 5.0.4. youtube movies freeze.movies freeze and play freeze and play...i cleared data and cache but didn't work.how to solve this problem?

17. dsaputra
    Froyo Oct 8, 2018

dsaputra , Oct 8, 2018 :
    This should really include the Rear Camera Focus problem.
    The solution: Have to get it fixed (Rear Camera is replaced). OnePlus has admitted that quite a few of the Rear Cameras in the 3T models will stop focusing after some time (defective product) and will replace the camera regardless of warranty period for free at their service centers.

I haven't found a piece of article or post that says this exactly but quite a few people have mentioned the above and I have just gotten mine replaced for free even though my phone's warranty period just lapsed.

My experience: rebooting, cleaning the cache, factory reset, using a different camera app, none worked to fix the focus problem. It all started after one of the OS updates where the focus problems introduced wave-like thing in video recordings then after a while, the rear camera just refuses to focus. I asked customer service and after all the explanations, they're happy to replace the camera for free but it has to be at one of their official service centers. Living in Indonesia means I can't send my phone to be fixed for free. But I got lucky because some relatives are visiting HongKong so I could ask for their help to bring my phone to the service center there. It's all fixed now and I'm just waiting for my relatives to come back with my phone (with a working rear camera!).

18. Mohd Abubakar
    Eclair Nov 5, 2018

19. Chandan+one
    Eclair Nov 5, 2018

Chandan+one , Nov 5, 2018 :
    i saw in some thread, yes they're

20. Mohd Abubakar
    Eclair Nov 5, 2018