[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 5T Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. kaihp Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 1, 2018

kaihp, Jan 1, 2018 :
    China Mobile uses a different signalling method vs everyone else (TD-SCDMA vs WCDMA) on 3G and above.
    China Unicom & China Telecom uses WCDMA.
    Google's services are not available in China, so I presume that the Chinese version doesn't have the GApps (including Google Play), but refer to some of the local App stores (there are several).

Caveat emptor: I haven't used a Chinese version of Oneplus' products, so the above is just conjecture from how it worked when I lived in China.

Alvie likes this.
  2. jhfspt Cupcake Jan 1, 2018

jhfspt, Jan 1, 2018 :
    Hi all,

When someone calls me doesn't show the name of the.person (just the number) but if I go to the history I can see who call me (if it is already a contact) . Anyone knows how to enable the name of the caller when someone call?

3. FlightTribe Froyo Jan 2, 2018

FlightTribe, Jan 2, 2018 :
    All I know is that living in China, every phone I bought here (Sonys and Xiaomis) has worked flawlessly when I travelled back west :)
    And although I haven't done that yet with my HydrogenOS China 5T, I expect it to act no differently. *fingers crossed*

4. fuyao Eclair Jan 2, 2018

fuyao, Jan 2, 2018 :
    Can we please get the option to disable haptic feedback when using the fingerprint sensor?

joakin2k likes this.
  5. Lnicoletti Froyo Jan 2, 2018

6. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jan 2, 2018

7. G_Hariprasad Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

8. anaan Cupcake Jan 3, 2018

anaan, Jan 3, 2018 :
    Hey is there a way to rotate the screen 180°. That feature was there in oneplus one. It's pretty useful i would say

9. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jan 4, 2018

Alvie, Jan 4, 2018 :
    I'm not sure if the built in dialler app supports it, maybe try a different dialler app?

10. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jan 4, 2018

Alvie, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Some launchers allow it, usually with a setting that you have to manually change. Try Nova.

anaan likes this.
  11. 5star02707 Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2018

Alvie likes this.
  12. psycholyzern Eclair Jan 4, 2018

psycholyzern, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Malaysia. Through authorized seller that using name "oneplus.my". Price here is $100 more expensive, I didn't expect we to have this exclusion.

13. pankh.thwing Eclair Jan 4, 2018

pankh.thwing, Jan 4, 2018 :
    no. 5T is the global version.

14. pankh.thwing Eclair Jan 4, 2018

Alvie likes this.
  15. iambear Froyo Jan 4, 2018

iambear, Jan 4, 2018 :
    OHHH what. Super secert compartment.

Alvie likes this.
  16. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jan 4, 2018

Alvie, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Hmm, that's strange. For me OnePlus.my doesn't come up with anything (maybe region locked). Also the authorised retailers are:

BrightStar: http://www.brightstarcorp.com.my/brands/oneplus/
    DirectD: http://directd.com.my/
    RedClick: http://www.11street.my/store/oneplusmobile https://www.redclick.com.my/

17. psycholyzern Eclair Jan 4, 2018

psycholyzern, Jan 4, 2018 :
    Oops, My bad. "Oneplus.my" was the seller on shopee which I was considered to buy from. But I ended up buying from redclick on 11street. I confused because they offer the same free gift and "oneplus.my" listed on Brightstar, so I assumed they were the same person. The seller told me warranty will be void if rooted. I have Brightstar warranty card in the box.
    Also it is funny that brightstar updated their authorized retailer list after I bought the phone. The list was longer and I had to call 5-6 retailers, but some of them didn't even sell the device and some just do preorder.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

18. iambear Froyo Jan 6, 2018

iambear, Jan 6, 2018 :
    I found a neat little trick.
    When I'm shooting video, I was getting annoyed with notifications/vibrations making sound while shooting if I forgot to move the slider to silent. So, what I found out was you can go to "Gaming Do Not Disturb" and add the Camera app to turn it("do not disturb") on automatically. I didn't think "Gaming Do Not Disturb" would work for the camera but it does!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018

19. BoxeXDA Froyo Jan 8, 2018

BoxeXDA, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Can you permanently hide the bottom nav bar without root?

I use Edge Gestures for back, home, multitask, last app and brightness control with the bottom bar hidden, but it still pops up on the home screen (can't hide it in Nova Launcher) and when you swype up from the bottom. What I want is absolutely no bottom bar, neither on the home screen, nor via swype gesture. Any way to permanently disable it, preferably without root?

20. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Jan 8, 2018

Alvie, Jan 8, 2018 :
    Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible as OnePlus wouldn't have accounted for people using third party apps to go home/multitask etc instead of the navbar buttons.