[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 5T Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. kteveler Cupcake Apr 8, 2018

kteveler, Apr 8, 2018 :
    Here was the post. I probably posted it wrong initially so you can't see it.

2. dego007 Gingerbread Apr 8, 2018

dego007, Apr 8, 2018 :
    does installing Substratum engine interfere or cause issues with installing OTA updates ?

3. kteveler Cupcake Apr 8, 2018

kteveler, Apr 8, 2018 :
    What I did was download it and install it. That's all. I didn't know I was supposed to do other stuff. I never had to before. no flashing (whatever that is) no TWRPing (whatever that is). So I think that was a dirty upgrade.
    I don't know how to undo it. Much less do it correctly. And I'm scared to death of losing my data, apps, app settings, etc. and of doing it wrong because I didn't understand it.

4. Lancelot_69 Lollipop Apr 8, 2018

Lancelot_69, Apr 8, 2018 :
    Ok so what you should do is read the initial post on page one about nandriod backup. That will back up all that stuff, then consider reading the rest of the post and decide if you want to do a proper install. Twrp is a great tool to have, allows you to change roms etc real quickly and efficiently. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have. I am more than happy to help.
    By the sounds of it you phone is not running good but you can rescue it. It's not complicated, just keep calm you will get it going.

kteveler and Alvie like this.
  5. xeon101 Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 9, 2018

6. Adiriko Froyo Apr 9, 2018

Adiriko, Apr 9, 2018 :
    Can you guys tell me how I fix the random reboots issue? thank you!

7. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Apr 10, 2018

Alvie, Apr 10, 2018 :
    It often can cause boot loops if themes are not uninstalled before updating

8. kteveler Cupcake Apr 13, 2018

kteveler, Apr 13, 2018 :
    thank you Lancelot. I will do that but it will take me a few days. too much stuff going on right now. I will definitely message you, even if just to confirm what I think it says. thanks again!

Alvie likes this.
  9. Lancelot_69 Lollipop Apr 13, 2018

Lancelot_69, Apr 13, 2018 :
    No problem. Better a silly question than a stupid mistake lol.

kteveler and Alvie like this.
  10. cellzen Eclair Apr 16, 2018

cellzen, Apr 16, 2018 :
    Any way to adjust system sounds independently? Too low. It being bundled with Ring doesn't help. Why does OP need to 'hide' this setting? Any workarounds besides root? Thanks.

11. B_Purna_Chandu Froyo May 3, 2018

B_Purna_Chandu, May 3, 2018 :
    aftee 5.1.1 update, i am not able to see notification previews on the ambient display like whatsapp msgs.... is that feature removed or should i need to make setting changes?
    mine is 5T handset

Last edited: May 4, 2018

12. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 4, 2018

Alvie, May 4, 2018 :
    I woulf suggest checking in settings if the options are still there. If so, disable then reenable. If not, I think it may not be possible

13. B_Purna_Chandu Froyo May 4, 2018

B_Purna_Chandu, May 4, 2018 :

Alvie

I woulf suggest checking in settings if the options are still there. If so, disable then reenable. If not, I think it may not be possible​

Dont mind, but seriously I dont want this kind of if... else answers... i tried everything and then I came here to you ppl

14. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 4, 2018

Alvie, May 4, 2018 :
    I wish I could help more but I don't have anything experience using ambient display. There's some options In Settings > Display > Ambient Display to wake screen on notifications but I don't think it is meant to be able to preview them entirely. (It's more for at a glance type thing to get you to check it)

15. B_Purna_Chandu Froyo May 4, 2018

B_Purna_Chandu, May 4, 2018 :

Alvie

I wish I could help more but I don't have anything experience using ambient display. There's some options In Settings > Display > Ambient Display to wake screen on notifications but I don't think it is meant to be able to preview them entirely. (It's more for at a glance type thing to get you to check it)​

Thank you...for making a try to help me out. In the past i do see 2 options under ambient display. one like show time when u raise up ur phone and other is this showing msg preview. but i am not able find them

Last edited: May 4, 2018

16. Qwert Luiop Eclair May 12, 2018

Alvie likes this.
  17. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 12, 2018

Alvie, May 12, 2018 :
    My network is "3", and I'm also sometimes seeing random numbers next to it... It's probably just a bug which will hopefully get updated soon.

Qwert Luiop likes this.
  18. Qwert Luiop Eclair May 12, 2018

Qwert Luiop, May 12, 2018 :
    Okay, thank you.

Alvie likes this.
  19. Chirostavros Froyo May 16, 2018

Chirostavros, May 16, 2018 :
    I have the same problem. Everybody saying about cleaning cache or factory reste. Nothing from the above works. Nobody gives a reliable advice.

20. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer May 16, 2018

Alvie, May 16, 2018 :
    If a factory reset doesn't work then there's probably a fault in the hardware. This maybe something like a loose connection or a faulty/dying battery.