OP6

[Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 6 Guide - Solutions e.t.c.

1. iamamrith Cupcake Oct 1, 2018

iamamrith, Oct 1, 2018 :
    I love the OnePlus launcher but however at the same time I'd like to see my Google Feed with a left swipe, if there was an option to choose between the shelf or the feed or even a scrollable inclusion of the Google feed in the shelf it'd be awesome!

PS- I'm aware of a fix that involves downloading another launcher but I don't wanna do that.

2. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 1, 2018

Alvie, Oct 1, 2018 :
    Updated, thanks

Kytharsis and kaihp like this.
  3. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 1, 2018

Alvie, Oct 1, 2018 :
    I know you don't want to install another launcher but I don't know of any launcher other than the Google Launcher that supports it - Google may not be allowing others to use it?

iamamrith likes this.
  4. 7290 Donut Oct 1, 2018

7290, Oct 1, 2018 :
    Oneplus please include an option to add fonts in system settings...i love google pixel phone font..i need to experience the same font in oneplus 6..what i need to do??

5. iamamrith Cupcake Oct 1, 2018

iamamrith, Oct 1, 2018 :
    there are a few launchers like the lawnchair etc which doesn't require root but just a straight forward installation which support the Google feed.
    I really wish OnePlus does something about it. up

6. drklyong Cupcake Oct 1, 2018

drklyong, Oct 1, 2018 :
    Hi I just bought my oneplus 6 in Malaysia 4 days ago. Fresh out of the box it shows voLTE icon after I inserted my Sim card. On the next day I update the firmware to oxygen OS 9.0 everything was quite OK after that.... Except the voLTE icon is gone. And I can't find voLTE in the setting menu. Please help. I have search the forum, YouTube and Google but can't find the solution.

7. Alvie The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Oct 1, 2018

Alvie, Oct 1, 2018 :
    I believe Substratum is required for that - but I am unsure if it is compatible with Android Pie

8. iamamrith Cupcake Oct 1, 2018

iamamrith, Oct 1, 2018 :
    hey man. try going to settings>status bar>icon manager..... there you might be able to find what you are looking for. cheers!

9. kbishnoi Cupcake Oct 1, 2018

kbishnoi, Oct 1, 2018 :
    Hello Team,

After a long time, I just bought a new Android Phone. I'm using the Android device first time. I bought one plus 6 just because I wanted to access multiple parallel apps. before the recent system update device was working fine.

just after the update not able to access parallel apps properly. both WhatsApp are fetching same data and login automatically. I can't use two different number it can say able to run two WhatsApp.

Can I restore my device to previous version. ????

I'm not happy with the UI as well, Contacts & Interface of many apps has been changed.

HOW can I use two WhatsApp now??

settings>>utilities>>parallel apps I enabled this then reinstall WhatsApp but can't access. when I install & configure WhatsApp 1 automatically it is fetching data into 2.

I'm using Android phone first time. I'm a software engineer myself. tried possible options but not getting the solution.

please help.

I'd be happy to restore to previous version. I have restarted device as well.

I want expert developer to guide me.

thanks

10. Kytharsis Lollipop Oct 1, 2018

Kytharsis, Oct 1, 2018 :
    First, there's no "team" here. It's users helping users and that's it.

Secondly, have you done a full wipe (factory reset) since updating to 9.0?

Alvie likes this.
  11. drklyong Cupcake Oct 2, 2018

drklyong, Oct 2, 2018 :
    Tried that. Not working.

12. Krishi898 Cupcake Oct 3, 2018

Krishi898, Oct 3, 2018 :
    I noticed in OP it mentions Bluetooth issues? I noticed this too, sometimes my Bluetooth earphones cut out for less than half a second. earphones are fully charged. I think it only happens when WiFi is on.

also 5GHz hotspot is no longer working for me, only 2.4GHz.

13. shaan1931 Cupcake Oct 10, 2018

shaan1931, Oct 10, 2018 :
    Hello, I have one plus 6 mid night black edition the phone is really great but I'm facing issues with it like I have got some spots at the rear panel its every disappointing to have those on a phone like this I request one plus should work on it and solve this issue. Its not only on this phone but its also on one plus 3t, 5, 5t and 6. Request you to look in to this problem ASAP.

So hoping this issues should be resolved by designers and developer teams and manufacturing department and also Pete Lau & Carl Pei.

And I'm sending this on everyone's behalf who's owning mid night black edition.

Thank you.

Rthapar likes this.
  14. Rthapar Donut Oct 10, 2018

shaan1931 likes this.
  15. Deactivated User Oct 10, 2018

16. SNidhi10 Cupcake Oct 11, 2018

SNidhi10, Oct 11, 2018 :
    Hi! I am facing several issues in my phone.
    1. At times, the phone gets hanged.
    2. While using Chrome, had faced the issue of pages becoming unresponsive several times.
    3. The touch sometimes seems not to be working as repeatedly tapping the app to open it up does nothing. This has not been for any specific app nor at a specific location on the screen. Hence, confirming the issue.
    4. The app becomes unresponsive at times. Similar to the response issues when tapped upon.
    5. The photos in low light are grainy.
    It's been around a month that I have purchased the phone. And, the problems are so frequent that it made me came to a conclusion that the device has some issues. Can you please look into this and have this replaced as there are so many problems in a new phone.

17. shaan1931 Cupcake Oct 11, 2018

shaan1931, Oct 11, 2018 :
    I have hardly removed the case so how can it happen..? And whenever I have removed I have cleaned and then again placed in it.

18. Deactivated User Oct 11, 2018

19. G_mukesh_kommuri_ Cupcake Oct 13, 2018

20. Kytharsis Lollipop Oct 13, 2018

Kytharsis, Oct 13, 2018 :
    Settings > Security & lock screen > gear icon next to Screen lock > Automatically lock.

G_mukesh_kommuri_ likes this.