OP6T [Q&A] The Ultimate OnePlus 6T Guide

1. Robin Stevens
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2018

2. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Oct 31, 2018

iNtEnSePL , Oct 31, 2018 :
    AND they should work on USB 2.0! Not USB 3.x as OP 6T doesn't support USB3.0/3.1 via USB-C

Alvie likes this.
  3. bdublz
    Eclair Oct 31, 2018

bdublz , Oct 31, 2018 :
    Thanks for the info, how i wish it was still a dual sim device and had no carrier bloatware on it (its just 2 apps but they should have been made uninstallable) Looks like I'll pass on the carrier version and just get the 6T direct from Oneplus.

4. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Oct 31, 2018

iNtEnSePL , Oct 31, 2018 :
    as far as I can see you have to wake the screen. with double tap to wake it looks like this (2:04):

G_OnePlus6T and Alvie like this.
  5. G_Romain_Wio_UvWn
    Froyo Oct 31, 2018

6. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

Alvie , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Probably a week or so after developers get their hands on them.

G_Romain_Wio_UvWn likes this.
  7. pdxtechy
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

8. stef
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

9. tcbeatty
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

tcbeatty , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Thanks for this guide. It confirmed for me that a screen protector already came applied to the phone (I wasn't seeing it in any of the store bundles). I just placed my new 6T order as a result!

10. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

luigimario , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Hey Alvie, looking good man! You do this for every phone, I love it. I was concerned about rooting because of new protections on Android. I remember with my OP3 I had to get patched images so the root would stick and not trip the DM-Verity. Do you have a 6T already and tried out your methods? Just curious how it works.

Hey, I can confirm that @muzikizumxp2 is correct. The screen either needs to be on ambient display or fully awake to use the fingerprint scanner. It's kind of irritating actually but you get used to it quickly.

11. Gkecorp
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

Gkecorp , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Thanks for the verification. I was wondering :)

Alvie likes this.
  12. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

Alvie , Nov 1, 2018 :

I don't have a 6T, and unfortunately I am not planning on buying one, also I haven't rooted since the OnePlus 3 as I haven't had the need to (OxygenOS provides all the features I need and I no longer try to hide ads [helps creators and also there's usually ad free alternative apps available]) and I never personally tried to stop the DM Verity from being tripped (I rooted before the fix was available and was too lazy haha)

That said, I haven't heard of the DM Verity flash zips being needed (at least when staying on stock rom) on the 5 and above.

Big Dog likes this.
  13. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Nov 1, 2018

luigimario , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Hmm, not sure about that. All I remember is that the last several updates I did on my OP3 this year required a patched file from XDA or else I would trip the DM-verity again and Magisk root and TWRP wouldn't stick. I like to keep root for small things like a screen dimming app to work on the whole screen and lock screen, and for a clicker app to enter radio SMS contests. The biggest draw for root to me is for backing up my phone and migrating. Makes it a lot easier.

Alvie likes this.
  14. phillymade
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

phillymade , Nov 1, 2018 :
    This is my fist OnePlus device, and it's quite nice. I am coming from G7 and liked not having an app tray, just swipe right. Is there any way to achieve this on this device? Or is there a launcher that supports it?

15. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Nov 2, 2018

Alvie , Nov 2, 2018 :
    There is almost certainly available with other launchers but unfortunately I do not know which ones will support it.

16. TJCorbett
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2018

17. Izzy
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2018

Izzy , Nov 3, 2018 :
    I searched the forum, but wasn't able to find anything on this. if bought through T-Mobile is the OP6T Bootloader locked?

18. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Nov 3, 2018

Alvie , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Question: Do the OnePlus 6T’s bought from T-Mobile have an unlockable bootloader?
    Answer: Any OnePlus 6T bought through T-Mobile is bootloader locked to them until the device is paid in full and utilized on their service for 40 continuous days. Additionally, it only has a single SIM slot.

19. f00tbaLL
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

f00tbaLL , Nov 4, 2018 :

try this it may work

USB C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter, Belkertech Nylon Braided 2 in 1 Type C to 3.5mm Audio Charge Cable Compatible

https://amzn.to/2P85KtP

20. Kev_C24
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

Kev_C24 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    Yes, sort of. It doesn't have to be fully on. Just to the ambient display.