QI Charging

1. ozone89
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2015

ozone89 , Feb 3, 2015 :
    meh, just a gimmick, and not even a good one.

if you can reach the transmitter with the cable, you could reach your phone
    and the output is always way lower than the charger it's connected to, what a waste.

but, if you really are longing for getting wireless charging to your OPO, I remember Duracell making itty bitty adapters to plug into your device's charging port, it was called "mygrid" and while it may not be the nicest thing around, it's currently the only way to add such a feature without voiding the warranty.
    As an alternative ($deity knows the output of that gizmo), you could use a powermat
    http://www.duracellpowermat.com/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015

2. Knightshiner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 3, 2015

Knightshiner , Feb 3, 2015 :
    my thought were same about wireless Keyboard and mouse a couple of years before. Now I use wireless mouse and thinking about buying the keyboard.
    So can't say, I will never consider wireless charging. But the current technology is not there yet. :)

3. dustbunnyck
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2015

dustbunnyck , Feb 3, 2015 :
    Which one do you recommend to keep the heat down?

4. sanket kolnoorkar
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2015

5. sanket kolnoorkar
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2015

sanket kolnoorkar , Feb 3, 2015 :
    After charging fully it didn't last for even 2days without using...what should I do..?should I go for replace?

6. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Feb 3, 2015

mwebsterpgh , Feb 3, 2015 :
    Yes but your wireless keyboard and mouse do not wireless charge. :)

7. Skf123
    Marshmallow Feb 3, 2015

Skf123 , Feb 3, 2015 :
    This was my favourite one for the nexus 5 www.ebay.com/itm/141041328532?redirect=mobile it wasn't from this seller but it was the same type. It kept my phone cooler than the puck shaped one i had, i think this is due to the open grill at the bottom which allows heat to espace from the charger.

8. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Feb 3, 2015

drmartin , Feb 3, 2015 :
    I hope not. Not until they fix the efficiency problems with Qi, at least.

9. Bolwinkel
    Eclair Feb 3, 2015

10. lmok163
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2015

11. Bassilk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 3, 2015

Bassilk , Feb 3, 2015 :

I don't see the "need" for that low cost solution. Keep in mind the phone isn't one of those that need to be plugged/charged anytime you get the chance or else it will die. You got a very decent battery that in my humble opinion can get you through your work day. (around 6 hours of SOT, when a regular working day is usually around 8 hours). Unless you "work" on your phone the whole time (literally) and never get the chance to plug/which is weird, a power bank would even serve you well, and I still don't see the necessity of the wireless charging.

That's just my two cents.

12. Link_of_Hyrule
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

Link_of_Hyrule , Feb 5, 2015 :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just got this today and it's a great solution for Wireless charging without doing surgery to your phone. All you need is a case and this Wireless Charging Receiver module. Place the module in the case under the phone put the phone in the case plug the module in it has no added bulk since it's so tiny. Make sure to get this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HI89O3Q/

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015

13. Knightshiner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2015

Knightshiner , Feb 6, 2015 :
    u missed the point completely

14. shrenil19
    Jelly Bean Feb 6, 2015

15. guijan12
    KitKat Feb 6, 2015

guijan12 , Feb 6, 2015 :
    That's a nice one!
    Thanks for sharing.

whytefyre likes this.
  16. campingcross
    Donut Apr 18, 2015

campingcross , Apr 18, 2015 :
    OK, to me it's obvious Qi charging has gotten a bad rep. I hear things like: too slow, device gets hot, it's just as easy to plug in your phone, and the complaints go on. I'm tired of all the nay sayers ruining something that PEOPLE WANT! The only thing I'm curious about is how much it would increase the price of the current One or the future Two if it was added. If it wasn't too significant then PUT IT IN! If you don't want to use it then don't, but my experience with it has been nothing but positive.

#1 Too Slow
    The speed of charging has to do with the wall adaptor you use and the quality of the pad. If it's too slow for you then don't be so cheap! Like I have read from others, with the right equipment Qi charging can be just as fast as corded charging.

#2 Device Gets Hot
    I don't know about you but I've charged my phone both ways. Plugged in it generates heat too, this can't be avoided. If your device is getting VERY hot on a Qi charging base it's usually because the receiver in your phone isn't lined up properly with the charging pad. Human error not Qi!

#3 Just Plug it in You Lazy People!
    The USB port used on most phones is pretty weak. I have seen many people wear this connection out and been stuck either with a repair job or a useless phone. Including Qi charging gives these people a secondary option to continue to use their device. I use Qi from the beginning to prevent this issue because IF you wear out your USB port on your phone, recovering data off the device isn't going to be easy. If the people using Qi charging are lazy, at least their not stupid.

Is there anyone involved with the hardware at 1+ that can comment on the cost difference of a phone with and without Qi charging?

Bh0di and cstork like this.