QR code via OnePlus 7

1. FabioRonzoni
    Donut Apr 18, 2021

FabioRonzoni , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Please oneplus, give us back the QR code reading using camera; It was so smooth and immediate
    I hate having to open the camera and then tap the glens logo and that takes almost 30 seconds
    If i'm in queue at the university entrance that Is embarassing and slow 1618748635131.jpg

1618748635182.jpg

alterlego and JRosendahl like this.
  2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 18, 2021

the_o2 , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Hi, you can give feedback on this to OnePlus here
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

BTW you can directly download the Google lens app place it on home screen
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.ar.lens

alterlego and Tokolozi like this.
  3. FabioRonzoni
    Donut Apr 18, 2021

I have already installed the app glens, but as I said the ing is cumbersome, not very fluid and often slow and in case I have to scan quickly it causes that embarrassment time in loading the app and having to wait; it was much smoother with Android 10 since the integrated camera read QR codes; is switching to Android 11 a downgrade?

4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 18, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Then check for another QR code reader in the meanwhile. There's many in the store that work near instantaneous.

alterlego, the_o2 and McJader like this.
  5. FabioRonzoni
    Donut Apr 18, 2021

I surely won't install a third part app when glens works so well
    The fact that i would point out is that like 2 months ago i was able to scan any common QR code with the built in camera app, now i have to enter the camera, click glens logo so It open glens,... ;Just a few seconds more obviously but android 10 was so fluid scanning QR code, why passing to 11 Is a downgrade? This doesn't male any sense

6. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 18, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 18, 2021 :
    It's on how the camera API works in A11 as far as I remember. Apps have a very limited overlay function now (for security) and thus glens couldn't be included as before.

the_o2, McJader and FabioRonzoni like this.