Qualcom Crashdump Mode

1. RiswanSooraj
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Caomhin likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 12, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Can be hardware or software, usually corruption withing the system.

Follow the instructions to use the MSMDownload Tool for your model.

This will wipe the phone.

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-6-6t-unbrick-guide/

Scroll down to view the Unbrick details and downloads.

Download and use the Android version you want TO use to unbrick the phone .

Once you have the phone backup and running.

Install OTA updates to get the most recent update.

If you are not comfortable doing that, please contact OnePlus directly at the link below for more information. Or bring the phone to an approved OnePlus service center.

Scroll down the page for contact details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

mrssml301 and RiswanSooraj like this.
  3. RiswanSooraj
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

RiswanSooraj , Aug 13, 2020 :
    yes ... i did the same and the process was successful
    but the error is still there

Caomhin likes this.
  4. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 13, 2020 :
    If you are still getting the Crash Dump after running the MSM Download Tool and reinstalling everything from scratch as per the suggestion in the Post above yours, then you may have a hardware issue.

Bring the phone to an approved OnePlus service center and get them to check it out.

Or contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

RiswanSooraj likes this.
  5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2020

RiswanSooraj likes this.
  6. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2020

yawarkhalid , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Hey man. Did you find a solution? Exact same thing happened to my OP6 a couple of weeks back. Out of the blue. Never rooted ot unlocked. Never messed with the phone. Never dropped or exposed to moisture.

I've tried almost all of the msmtools. None of them work. Except msm tool for oos 9.0. even that works and boots up then it gets stuck and goes back into crashdump mode.
    I've also gone on a remote session with OP. They have asked to get the motherboard changed which would cost 23k INR/ 60k PKR. More expensive than the value of the phone itself.

I've found 5-6 other people who have faced the exact same issue out of the blue in Aug/Sep 2020 only.

Let me know if you find a solution plz.

7. rhyd1am
    Jelly Bean Sep 27, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 27, 2020 :
    As has been mentioned in the posts before yours. If you have tried the MSM download tool and also remotely with OnePlus, then it would appear in your case to be a hardware issue.

Unfortunately that only leaves you 2 options. Either have the motherboard changed as suggested by OnePlus, or replace/upgrade the device.

Caomhin likes this.