Qualcomm announce new "OP Device" powered by Snapdragon 821

1. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 7, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 7, 2016 :
    On the plus side, I have some popcorn and a lot of beer.

2. Tonybarnaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2016

ledsled and Dresa91 like this.
  3. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2016

MrFingerIII , Nov 7, 2016 :
    It's a Bloody phone yes but if you just bought the phone to find out they are about to release a better version I am sure people will not take it laying down only a person with no perception of the loss wouldn't understand

4. JasonMR
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2016

JasonMR , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Almost out of beer, I feel a walk up the offie coming on.

biomulv likes this.
  5. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2016

Joyyy , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Lol SD 821 to 820 is hardly different just upclocked abit higher that's it behind their PR talk
    I'm more interested in what else is different don't care about the SD use

6. Marcelief
    Froyo Nov 7, 2016

Marcelief , Nov 7, 2016 :
    All i did was answering to your question "why do people feel like they getting ripped". So i provided it with some reasons.

I was not crying, and dont indent to. The fact and the matter is i am only here cause of the Note 7 fiasco. Only thing that can justify OP3-T is if there is enough major changes compare to OP3. Which if this name is truly accurate based on the rumor, i doubt there will be much changes.

Nothing is wrong with releasing 2 devices a year, most major flagships do, as long as there is noticeable differences between the 2.

I guess we will see.

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. JasonMR
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2016

JasonMR , Nov 7, 2016 :
    How does your OP3 work? Will the new model really be that much of an improvement?

ChinChinati likes this.
  8. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2016

That is pretty much my point it might come with a better screen and a sd slot and may have a better design from the 3 this is why I am kind of like wtf man

Joyyy likes this.
  9. Velimir L
    Froyo Nov 7, 2016

Velimir L , Nov 7, 2016 :
    I personally prefer this time a year releases. Once new Android version is done. Wouldn't mind if OP4 comes in November 2017.

Really Looking Forward if this is real.

10. MrFingerIII
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2016

So far the camera app doesn't work I cleared the cache and still doesn't work
    I ended up downloading Camera MX and now it works

So you can say so far it has been much to be desired the rest of the phone seems ok

I don't root anymore .....

11. Manas Eapen
    Jelly Bean Nov 7, 2016

12. mmddmm1702
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2016

ChinChinati likes this.
  13. Never Subtle

Never Subtle , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Went there yesterday so I can survive this traumatic experience

JasonMR likes this.
  14. Waka_Yama

Waka_Yama , Nov 7, 2016 :
    No, not for all companies. There are companies like Samsung, Xiaomi and others which have the ressources to do something like this. OnePlus is still faceing issues to satisfie the current demand at some markets.
    I really really hope, that they can handle this. Sony is one of the best known negative examples. Getting scolded for years from nearly all fameous blogs or techsites forloosing benefits like getting the new updates first. That are things people expect when they buy a "flagship".
    A more positive example would be Xiaomi. I have an Mi 3 in the cupboard, which i could power up and start installing the newest MiUI, getting weekly updates within the developer Rom.
    The point is, they managed to keeping there stuff highly actual across a huge portfolio and , compared to other manufacturers, providing content blazingly fast.

I like my OP3 a lot (much more since i left OOS and went with CM13 ^^, just personal choice), but i hope OP can and will provide the same level of service for this device for at least 12 months.....

ChinChinati likes this.
  15. Tonybarnaby

Tonybarnaby , Nov 7, 2016 :
    The major selling point of the OnePlus was the $399 price. At $480 that's a bit more. My guess is OnePlus is trying to see how much they can squeeze folks. If the OnePlus 3T sells for $480 and sells well, you can pretty much rest assured the OnePlus 4 will also have a price jump. I could see $500 for the OnePlus 4, maybe even $529. OnePlus was a niche company, but the OnePlus 3 has made them a player in the phone game. Now that they are developing loyal fans, it's only natural the price will increase since people need their OnePlus fix. This phone will serve me well until the new iPhone or galaxy drops. An iPhone or galaxy is a phone you can happily use for 2-3 years, so the big price gap can be reasoned with if you realise you get a long lifespan from it.

16. Velimir L
    Froyo Nov 7, 2016

Velimir L , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Don't think it will happen. They lower the price of OP3 to 359 and OP3T will be 459USD. So people will have a choice.

They learnt a lot with OP3 launch, can only imagine how good OP3T will be.

ChinChinati likes this.
  17. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Nov 7, 2016

SoniaB , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Moved to Tech section as its not specific to OP3 :)

Tobikage and volteon like this.
  18. HellbillyDeluxe
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2016

HellbillyDeluxe , Nov 7, 2016 :
    One the one hand, it's quite concerning for companies to release "new" phones every 6 months. Sony did this starting with the Xperia Z and it didn't do them no good. And besides, the progress isn't as fast as it used to be, so there is no actual need for companies to release "new" phones every six months.

On the other hand, judging from all the rumors and the "announcement" from Qualcomm, the OnePlus 3T (or whatever they may call it), seems to be just a minor upgrade, with a slightly newer processor and a different camera module. And let's not forget that the OnePlus 3 is still a good phone and there's nothing wrong with it even after the OP3T comes out. Well, at long as OnePlus doesn't abandon it software-wise. But I highly doubt it at this point.

ChinChinati likes this.
  19. volteon
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2016

volteon , Nov 7, 2016 :
    If one of the big boys like QC is saying it, it will be true.

Not too sure if we needed more random horsepower thrown at a phone though. The bigger the better!

luxuskamel likes this.
  20. narceoneplus2

narceoneplus2 , Nov 7, 2016 :
    As soon as the OnePlus 3T is available I will be purchasing one. Hopefully, it will allow for expandable storage.