Qualcomm Crashdump mode for OnePlus 6

1. theAlok
    Froyo Jul 18, 2021

theAlok , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 18, 2021 :
    Actually this fault is caused my EMMC IC (may be internal storage fault) so go to a repair shop and tell them that EMMC IC is faulty and after changing that you'll be good to go!

2. A1532729985776
    Eclair Jul 18, 2021

A1532729985776 , Jul 18, 2021 :
    i have the same issue with my op6, i flashed it with msm tool, but even after successful flashing its showing again the"crashdump mood". it showed the initial setting page like a new phone for a few seconds then automatically turned off & again came back to the same condition... crashdump mood. need help..

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021

3. aravind0635
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2021

aravind0635 , Jul 22, 2021 :
    ----------
    To everyone out there. I hope this helps. After following the steps like getting out of Qualcomm crash dump mode or using msm tool to flash the device and if still it doesn't work then the problem is with Qualcomm chip. For some it won't even goes to Qualcomm crash dump mode. Display might be simply blank, no screen or any vibration it will look like device is dead and in my case sadly same thing happened.

So let me tell you what the problem is. Issue is with Qualcomm chip. Give it to local service center and ask them to remove the Qualcomm chip and re attach it again. Yeah it needs de-soldering and soldering. Don't worry it won't affect the motherboard. Viola! Now you can login to the device. Immediately exchange your current OnePlus device via amazon and get a new phone. Because the issue can reoccur. My local technician did the soldering once and I was using the device for few days and agin the issue popped out. Again he has to do the soldering so there is no guarantee that the issue will not reoccur. Better exchange it with new device. Hopefully atleast I got your exchange Money covered :). Ps- Service guy charged only 1000 r.s.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021

4. Princeshh1
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2021

5. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 22, 2021

Artemus. , Jul 22, 2021 :
    You can't replace your phone with another phone, it doesn't work like that.

6. aravind0635
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2021

I didnt say to replace with other phone. I said It's Qualcomm chip soldering issue. over the time it wears out. We need to desolder and solder it again. once it is done you can login back to oneplus 6 and there is no guarantee that this issue will not repeat. I had experienced it thrice. I know this service guy so he repaired for me thrice. (Meaning soldering and desoldering the chip). sometime the issue wont come for two weeks or sometime it comes within a week. There is no gurantee so better exchange your current oneplus with this issue in amazon or something for a new device.

7. Artemus.

Again, you can't do that. You can sell your phone and buy another one but not outright exchange it for another device entirely.

8. aravind0635
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2021

We can in India. We can sell our current phone for a exchange price and get a new phone altogether. I hope this is how amazon works everywhere.

9. Artemus.

Not in the States, it doesn't.

10. aravind0635
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2021

Okay. I think we skidded off the topic a bit. If we desolder the chip and solder it back basically it should work fine but with uncertainty. The issue may come again but this issue is addressed now.

Oneplus customer care wont do soldering and stuff they just replace entire motherboard so its of no use taking oneplus devices which is out of warranty to oneplus service center. Get it fixed with local repair guy,

11. SathiyaRock , via OnePlus 6 Mirror Black , Jul 23, 2021 :
    Ok

12. Deactivated User
    Jul 24, 2021

13. Deactivated User
    Jul 24, 2021

14. shubham 7392
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2021

shubham 7392 , Jul 26, 2021 :

can you share the details wherte you did the resolidering , help me i too need it , did the the data survive ? or it was flushedout . contact me at shubham7392@gmail.com

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021

15. aravind0635
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2021

aravind0635 , Jul 27, 2021 :
    I know I mentioned as QUALCOMM in general so to be more precise for me it was Ram issue. The service guy removed the RAM from the motherboard and soldered it again. Also he told me he was bit cautious since the heat applied to remove the chip can damage the motherboard so he applied less heat to remove the chip and I'm not sure because of this or something else, the problem occurred to me again after two weeks and once again I gave device for service and he did it again with mild heat and it occurred again after a week and 3rd time he refused to do the service. May be he should have applied more heat for proper attaching of chip to motherboard but who knows. I begged to do this onetime and I told him ill exchange my device in amazon and he helped me this time as well. Now my phone is ON and I exchanged it for oneplus nord 2 and hoping my device will stay on until the device is exchanged (That's tomorrow).

note that the motherboard has multiple chips in it like RAM, CPU, GPU, STORAGE, COMMUNICATIONS etc. For me it was RAM Chip issue. I saw similar post here where someone mentioned it was storage issue. So basically it can be any one of the chip issue. So the service guy had to find the chip where the problem resides.

And once you service the motherboard then the issue might pop out again so better exchange the device in Amazon or Flipkart once the device is fixed. Once it is fixed, remove all apps from phone, basically do a reset of the device.
    Install only Amazon or Flipkart app for exchange purpose and don't use the device for anything else (basically don't put load on your device) or the issue might pop out again.

For Data recovery it depends, most of the cases they just remove the chip and put it back so you should be good. Ask the service guy to not to format using MSM tool or reset the device.

PS. for some they can come out of recovery mode by using the volume and power buttons and it might work for them.
    For some it can be OS corrupt issue so they can use MSM tool to reset the OS and it should be good.
    For some like in my case though I try to come out of recovery mode it never came out of that mode and it is stuck in QUALCOMM crash dump mode. In this case you guys are in my bucket. Follow the steps I mentioned above and exchange the device asap.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021

16. aravind0635
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2021

aravind0635 , Jul 27, 2021 :

check my latest post in this thread.

17. L1627392448148
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2021

18. sabarish.vijayan
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2021

sabarish.vijayan , Aug 4, 2021 :
    Hi, Can you please share the shop name from where you got the issue fixed ?

19. sabarish.vijayan
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2021

sabarish.vijayan , Aug 4, 2021 :
    Hi, From where did you get this done ? Please share shop name if it's in Mumbai. Thanks

L1527012701137 likes this.
  20. aravind0635
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2021

aravind0635 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 4, 2021 :
    It's in Tamil Nadu. Location is not an issue. Take it to mobile repair shop where they can fix chip level issues.

sabarish.vijayan likes this.