Question about apps with onscreen fingerprint scanner

1. handheld_addict Honeycomb Oct 31, 2018

handheld_addict, Oct 31, 2018 :
    I have some apps that can use fingerprint to unlock. But in their security screen they have a number pad that is part of the app, it can't be dismissed like an onscreen keyboard.

Just wondering if the onscreen fingerprint scanner can be used with apps like that, because where it's placed looks like it covers the 8 of the number pad. Has anyone had any experience with apps that do this?

2. ThatLeo Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

ThatLeo, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Quickly tested with Tesco Pay+ in the UK, the finger print reader cannot be dismissed by back button, but if for any reason it won't work, press the 'use pin' button in the app and it will disable the fingerprint reader overlay

handheld_addict likes this.
  3. handheld_addict Honeycomb Nov 1, 2018

handheld_addict, Nov 1, 2018 :
    Thanks for the reply & testing that out. So basically in an app that accepts fingerprint login, the scanner will overlay and override whatever's on the screen unless you press "use PIN"? Is that "use pin" option always available or specifically for this one app?

4. handheld_addict Honeycomb Nov 1, 2018

Does anyone have an app like this?
    [​IMG]

On my 5T or 3T I just press the fingerprint scanner, or I enter the PIN. I'm guessing on the 6T, the fingerprint reader would override the screen?

5. Rakesh_Kumar_T_ Jelly Bean Nov 1, 2018

Rakesh_Kumar_T_, Nov 1, 2018 :
    yes fingerprint will stay as overlay unless you start using pin

6. handheld_addict Honeycomb Nov 1, 2018

Sounds pretty good. Thanks for the info :)

Rakesh_Kumar_T_ likes this.